Sign in to follow this  
avocado

Selling Mendenhall Low

Between the bye week and injuries the RB situation is terrible. Mendenhall has been sucking it up and losing favor in Pittsburgh, and it seems wise to get rid of him (the sooner the better) in favor of someone I can actually roster this week. His draft value is RB1, but what's his actual value? The player I'm looking to trade to has Mathews, Forte, Blount, and Wells, who have all been outperforming Mendy this year, and I need to target one of them.

Is he even equal to one of them? I've already picked up Redman in anticipation of a dynasty change in the Pitt, but I could be over-reacting.

Between the bye week and injuries the RB situation is terrible. Mendenhall has been sucking it up and losing favor in Pittsburgh, and it seems wise to get rid of him (the sooner the better) in favor of someone I can actually roster this week. His draft value is RB1, but what's his actual value? The player I'm looking to trade to has Mathews, Forte, Blount, and Wells, who have all been outperforming Mendy this year, and I need to target one of them.

Is he even equal to one of them? I've already picked up Redman in anticipation of a dynasty change in the Pitt, but I could be over-reacting.

There's no way someone would trade any of those for Mendenhall. Honestly, I think the play is to bench him and hope the o-line gets healthy. If you're intent on trading him, you're going to need to package him with someone else to get any sort of value.

Redman wont do much better..The O Line is awful...You will have to add another tier 2 player to mendy to have them even think bout trading one of those guys

Just dropped him for a Def. Tried for 2 weeks to give him away in a 12 teamer and no takers.

Redman wont do much better..The O Line is awful...You will have to add another tier 2 player to mendy to have them even think bout trading one of those guys

Redman will do better because he understands one simple fact, when your O-Line blows you don't dance at the hole, you run north to south. He's performed well so far this season an I expect him to do well with 20+ carries.

As for Mendy, you have to hope whoever your trading hasn't actually watched Mendy run because he's looked god awful. The best you can get for him at this point is a low-end - mid range RB2 and I think that's the best case scenario.

Redman will do better because he understands one simple fact, when your O-Line blows you don't dance at the hole, you run north to south. He's performed well so far this season an I expect him to do well with 20+ carries.

As for Mendy, you have to hope whoever your trading hasn't actually watched Mendy run because he's looked god awful. The best you can get for him at this point is a low-end - mid range RB2 and I think that's the best case scenario.

this

his schedule is cake going forward, and there is no chance there will be a changing of the guards overnight there. If redman is so damn good he'd be starting for them already or be a starter somewhere else. Wwishful thinking on the part of most FF geeks that are constantly chasing the next hot thing...

Gore is on crutches, Hunter will have a combined 5000 yards this year!!!

yeah ok...

you gotta hold onto mendy. Not saying he's a world beater, but is a servicable RB with a solid schedule ahead of him...

PS: you're crazy to think you'll get any of those rbs for mendy right now. Why would someone with strength at rb trade one of their strong rbs for a weaker one. Your best bet is to trade him to someone that needs a rb for something other than a rb. I have him in 1 league, and i'd love to trade him but what the crap will I get back, a middle of the road WR, or a half decent QB or TE, both of which are a dime a dozen this year...

Another factor here is the arthritic play of the Steeler defense. Pittsburgh's defense has just one takeaway this season, a sack/fumble caused by James Harrison that Troy Polamalu turned into a 16-yard fumble return for a touchdown against the Colts. On the other hand, the Steelers offense has lost 11 turnovers for a differential of minus-10. On top of that, teams are rushing for almost TWICE as many yards per game this year against Pittsburgh than last season. That ain't Steeler football.

For as God-awful as that offensive line has been, injuries or not, the defense simply isn't putting the offense back on the field as quickly as last season. The question is, how long do you think THAT is going to last?