Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Strangest RB season ever

I just looked and both Felix Jones and Joseph Addai are unrostered in one of my leagues. Both were dropped this week and are just sitting there on waivers. I've got guys like Torain and Starks on my roster and Jones and Addai (4.4 and 7.8 in the draft) just out there. To make things even more strange, Delone Carter and Donald Brown are also not on a roster. I've heard of teams being a fantasy wasteland, but I've never seen where not one RB from a team has a home in our league. After playing this crazy game for a long time, I don't ever recall the RB situation being as unsettled as it is now.

I just looked and both Felix Jones and Joseph Addai are unrostered in one of my leagues. Both were dropped this week and are just sitting there on waivers. I've got guys like Torain and Starks on my roster and Jones and Addai (4.4 and 7.8 in the draft) just out there. To make things even more strange, Delone Carter and Donald Brown are also not on a roster. I've heard of teams being a fantasy wasteland, but I've never seen where not one RB from a team has a home in our league. After playing this crazy game for a long time, I don't ever recall the RB situation being as unsettled as it is now.

The days of the feature back are gone and slowly the days of the running back are as well. We have become a pass first league and moving toward the direction of pass way more often league. I agree with your sentiment but I thinks it more a sign of the times then anything else not just this year.

The days of the feature back are gone and slowly the days of the running back are as well. We have become a pass first league and moving toward the direction of pass way more often league. I agree with your sentiment but I thinks it more a sign of the times then anything else not just this year.

That is why you draft guys like Foster, Peterson, MCCoy, Forte and Rice. They were all in my top 7 RB's this year.

That is why you draft guys like Foster, Peterson, MCCoy, Forte and Rice. They were all in my top 7 RB's this year.

in your top 7 huh? really went out on a limb there, eh...

in your top 7 huh? really went out on a limb there, eh...

Living Dangerously

With the exception of AP they are all pass catching RBs in offenses that utilize them as such. AP is just a hulkamaniac.

Next year I target all RBs that have hands in later rounds. It'll be where the sleeper/rookie emerges from if the trend continues, I would guess.

They all have the ability to take a hit and keep their legs moving too. Peterson and Forte stand out a bit as they don't have a real deep threat this year, or solid QB play for that matter.

Things keep getting stranger...this morning Jackie Battle, Daniel Thomas and Marion Barber all hit the FA market. People are dumping due to injuries. but dumping starting RB's who will only be out a week? Of course, these are guys at the bottom of the league (top of the WW order) so they've got a shot at getting them back...but still, I've never seen crap like this before. There are 8 "good" RB situations in the NFL, it's ridiculous.

It's ALWAYS the strangest RB season ever. That's why—despite everyone disagreeing with me—my strategy usually involves getting big-name, reliable receivers early and then loading up on breakout candidate backs in the middle rounds. You can almost always find a feature back in the middle of the year whose name you've never even heard before to help you win a championship.

Things keep getting stranger...this morning Jackie Battle, Daniel Thomas and Marion Barber all hit the FA market. People are dumping due to injuries. but dumping starting RB's who will only be out a week? Of course, these are guys at the bottom of the league (top of the WW order) so they've got a shot at getting them back...but still, I've never seen crap like this before. There are 8 "good" RB situations in the NFL, it's ridiculous.

Even though I'm in a 13 roster spot league I find it strange too. Some of it has to do with the bye weeks as well. Hell, after last week's bullsh!t with Battle not sniffing the red zone, I dropped him to pick up DHB. I've got Fred Jackson, Murray and Beanie and there are other RBs out there that can net me 7 focking points in a PPR. Total

bullsh!t by HALEY!

if someone like jackie battle is being dropped, that seems to speak more to your league than the current state of fantasy in general.

it has been a weird year for RB production. Darren Sproles? Fosters injury, CJ2K generally sucking, many people were high on Best and Felix and both have been disappointments. Moreno. The messes on teams like Miami, Indy, KC

it goes on and on

It's ALWAYS the strangest RB season ever. That's why—despite everyone disagreeing with me—my strategy usually involves getting big-name, reliable receivers early and then loading up on breakout candidate backs in the middle rounds. You can almost always find a feature back in the middle of the year whose name you've never even heard before to help you win a championship.

Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Tampa Mike Williams. These are guys who were going in the first 3 rounds... Maybe Tampa Mike in the 4th and they have ALL disappointed relatively speaking. I dont see drafting any of these guys as being much different than drafting CJ2K, Hillis, S-Jax

If we are looking for comparisons to Jahvid Best or Felix Jones... you're looking more at Kenny Britt, Austin Collie, Santonio Holmes

Now im sure YOU happened to avoid all of these guys :rolleyes: but im not seeing the evidence to support going WR early is safer than RB early.

And as to your second point about finding later round RB's, the same can be said just as easily for WR's.

Steve Smith this year qualifies, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz, DHB... and im sure more will emerge. All of these guys were mid round, late round or undrafted.