Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Norv Turner

Im not a fan of the Chargers but at what point does the league realize this guy is not head coach material?

My brother in law was a Redskin back in the mid 90s when Norv coached the Skins and he would always say back then that the locker room had no respect for his coaching style, neither did the other coaches. Time to move on from this guy!

Im not a fan of the Chargers but at what point does the league realize this guy is not head coach material?

My brother in law was a Redskin back in the mid 90s when Norv coached the Skins and he would always say back then that the locker room had no respect for his coaching style, neither did the other coaches. Time to move on from this guy!

Yeah, I was thinking this could be the game that gets him canned- finally.

Just be an OC Norv, you are very good at it. I know there is the money factor but being an OC would be awesome. Just get to scheme, game plan, work with your QB and none of the other bullshit the HC has to deal with. You think ###### Lebeau has hated his current job of 10 years and not being a HC? All glory, no stress.

Yeah this guy has got to go. The Chargers have been one of the most talented teams in the league for years now and what do they have to show for it? They are perennial underachievers and that's on the coaching staff.

He has a winning percentage of around 46%. That is pathetic considering he took over a Chargers team that was competing every year. I find it odd that he keeps getting chances when coaches like Shottenhiemer - who took the Skins to 8-8 after losing their first five games and took the Chargers to the playoffs every year - is dismissed for this guy. I don't know how long it will take the Chargers (or the Skins to this day) to realize they mad a mistake, but it can't be soon enough.

He may have other qualities, but in the NFL you don't have to worry about player/athletes, or getting kids to become upstanding citizens. You job is to win, and Norv is not a winner.

Have to hand it to Norv.

He goes to CLE, has to deal with 3 different QBs, loses his primary RB, he turns Gordon into a megastar, he gets canned.

He goes to MIN, he has to deal with 3 different QBs, and he loses his primary stud RB.

Any predictions for where this MIN offense is going?

We've gone from:

ADP

CP

Cassel

Rudolph

To:

Asiata

McKinnon

Wright

TB/Ponder

Personally I think they still need a real, big deep threat at WR. Charles Johnson perhaps? I think there's still another piece to be added to this puzzle.

Personally I think they still need a real, big deep threat at WR.

They've got that guy already in Patterson - just need to coach his ass up to where he can run a few actual routes.

What I think they need is a nifty gadget guy that can pick up yardage in chunks. A Percy Harvin type, if you will. Doesn't have to be a WR though, could be a really good pass catching back

They've got that guy already in Patterson - just need to coach his ass up to where he can run a few actual routes.

What I think they need is a nifty gadget guy that can pick up yardage in chunks. A Percy Harvin type, if you will. Doesn't have to be a WR though, could be a really good pass catching back

You really think Patterson is a deep threat? I'm not sure that's working. Now he's definitely a yards after catch guy who can always take it to the house, but I don't know if he is truly a deep threat WR. Maybe I'm wrong.

"Going long" is about the only route he can actually run... Well, that and a hitch/screen...

He needs another year if he's willing to put in the work...