Sign in to follow this  
lagarzlebrew

Funny Story

In my neighborhood league, one of the guys accidently dropped Foster when picking up a kicker, and never noticed it. He was hunting and on his phone doing it. I picked him up 3 minutes later, then got about 20 phone calls and emails saying it was a mistake. He works at a John Deere dealership, so I told him I would trade him back foster for a tune up on my sno blower. Fair deal?

League is 10 teams with $40 entry, so not a ton of cash at stake. Figure I got my monies worth...

To my knowledge, don't most leagues have Undroppable Lists so stupid sh!t like this doesn't happen? Also, don't most normal leagues make you wait until a freshly dropped player clears waivers to allow the add/drop to take place? What an eff'd up league.

To my knowledge, don't most leagues have Undroppable Lists so stupid sh!t like this doesn't happen? Also, don't most normal leagues make you wait until a freshly dropped player clears waivers to allow the add/drop to take place? What an eff'd up league.

Depends on your preferences. Personally I *HATE* do not drop lists. They're so random and don't really serve a purpose that a good commish won't take care of. If I want to drop a key player because he's out for the season, why shouldn't I be able to?

Agreed that waivers are a must, though. First league I ever played in ~15 years ago didn't have a waiver period. There was far too much of an advantage to those that surfed the net all day. Those of us with regular jobs missed out on a lot of good pickups. Everyone should have a fair shot at any free agent.

Wait...so he dropped a guy on accident (dumb move for sure), during the guy's bye week.

Then picked up a kicker who I assumed he played and got points.

Then after the week was up, he got Foster back for a tune up and likely just dropped the replacement kicker?

Interesting how a guy conned you all into picking up a kicker for a week without really having to drop anyone else from his roster.

That guy is a genius.

Wait...so he dropped a guy on accident (dumb move for sure), during the guy's bye week.

Then picked up a kicker who I assumed he played and got points.

Then after the week was up, he got Foster back for a tune up and likely just dropped the replacement kicker?

Interesting how a guy conned you all into picking up a kicker for a week without really having to drop anyone else from his roster.

That guy is a genius.

I'm guessing from the OP's comments it wasn't long after he picked Foster up that his phone blew up.

I don't agree with Undroppable players due to some players not going on IR (Peyton Manning) even though you know he's not coming back.

As far as being funny, extorting him for a tune up IS funny. The focker should be like the rest of us; nursing an ulcer in front of our computers crunching stats and working out last minute WW pickups/trades. Instead, he's out hunting, covered in deer urine setting his lineup on a smartphone (that's smarter than he is), focking it up and wanting someone to save him from his dumbazz move.

I'd give him Foster back but depending on his wife's can size she'd be giving me a tuneup instead of the sno-blower.

Yeah, in any real league, Arian would be undroppable.

Because in any REAL league, owners should be protected from themselves, i.e. dumbazz moves?

So the guy that drafted Peyton Manning must hold onto him through all these weeks? :thumbsdown:

Yeah, in any real league, Arian would be undroppable.

Why? I'd like to know your reasoning to say that a "real league" uses a do not drop list. Sounds like more of a crutch for noobs than anything else. A real league doesn't need to be idiot proof. It should let team owners do whatever they want to do (like drop an injured player).

Why? I'd like to know your reasoning to say that a "real league" uses a do not drop list. Sounds like more of a crutch for noobs than anything else. A real league doesn't need to be idiot proof. It should let team owners do whatever they want to do (like drop an injured player).

+1

The only leagues I play in that have "do not drop lists" are Yahoo, and even there a commish can override the feature in individual cases like Peyton Manning. MFL doesn't have them.

As a long time commish, I can tell you that this type of thing happens more often than you think, especially with internet drafts. In one MFL league a guy drafted Julious Jones instead of Julio Jones. He immediately notified the commish and put his mistake in chat. In that case, the commish rightly made the correction before the next pick was made.

I think the dude did good to get a tune-up out of the deal.