Sign in to follow this  
sportsfreak2744

Jermichael Finley

Donnie Cheese gives you the play break down, the coverage breakdowns, and an Xs and Os explanation of why Finley hasn't put up numbers and your key component of rebuttal starts with "in std yahoo scoring"? :lol:

Cam Newton is better than Tom Brady. fantasy tells me so.

also, i heard Finley doesnt like Rawjaws cologne. :thumbsup:

slumming today Hertz? no more boards to crash or identities to steal?

also, donnie loves them running QBs, Scott Mitchell + Wheels = GOAT... so it's possible that he has Cam ahead of Brady, Manning, and Brees.

After skimming through this thread I feel compelled to leave a few remarks.

I've watched 11 of the 12 Packers' games this season. Jermichael has not played up to his potential this year. Well most players don't, but the goal is to come as close to your potential as possible. And I'm not talking about fantasy football here at the moment. But Jermichael has fallen far shorter of his potential this year than the average player. Those who have followed and watched Finley over the years, know that he is capable of much more.

That being said, it bothers me to see people making such bold statements and conclusions to describe something by using stats alone. It almost becomes laughable. There is more going on in the games than the statline. Finley just had what, his second best game of the year, as far as fantasy goes? Well it was actually one of his worst games of the year if you actually watched him play. And he has had some other disappointing ones. Finley has played better in some games, when his statline was frowned upon by fantasy owners. So much of fantasy is based on situation.

Finley had more good opportunities to score fantasy points yesterday based on the defensive scheme of the Giants, and Finley disappointed. If you look at the final stats, you may think, "That's more like it. That's the the Finley I was expecting. He played well." No... he didn't. He had some bad drops.

Finely has been a dissapointment this year. Watching him over the years and comparing him to the other TEs in the league, I would say right now he is one of the top 3 receiving TEs in the league. That analysis is not based on stats, not on potential, not on talent... it's on how good of a receiver he is. It would not surprise me one bit (nor should it surprise anyone who follows Finley/Packers closely) to watch Finely finish the season off with four straight 100+ yards and 1 TD games.

If he does finish the season like that...is he a way better player than he has been earlier in the season? No. To me he is what he is. A very good receiving TE, who has had some bad drops this season despite having good hands. And a TE who plays on a high scoring offense with a very good QB and other good receivers around him.

Well said..

Finley is one of my least favorite Packers. His drops yesterday were huge and there were many... on key, long passes, too... and STFU when you catch a pass, too, especially after you just had a bunch of key drops.

My purpose on this and other Finley threads with Murf is to set the record straight on all the misinformation he brings (finley is fat, slow, can't get open, no separation, etc.)....

I think Murf is still angry about his Steelers losing the Super Bowl (without Finley, ironically)... but that shouldn't make you an idiot when evaluating players..... get over it! :thumbsup:

We're on to the next season already!

Well said..

Finley is one of my least favorite Packers. His drops yesterday were huge and tkhere were many... on key, long passes, too... and STFU when you catch a pass, too, especially after you just had a bunch of key drops.

Myths purpose on this and other Finley threads with Murf is to set the record straight on all the misinformation he brings (finley is fat, slow, can't get open, no separation, etc.)....

I think Murf is still angry about his Steelers losing the Super Bowl (without Finley, ironically)... but that shouldn't make you an idiot when evaluating players..... get over it! :thumbsup:

We're on to the next season already!

All i saw was him being covered by a rookie lb and dropping balls. Not the uber talented te that must be covered by a cb.

Steelers beat themselves with turnovers in superbowl never was uoset besides that night

This game vindicated every little thing I said about Finley.

But so had the season to this point.

You were not vindicated by last weeks being single covered by a rookie lb and all the drops.

How bout this game? Are we to think he was triple covered and let everyone else on the team catch a pass but him

Average run of the mill TE

You were not vindicated by last weeks being single covered by a rookie lb and all the drops.

:sigh:

At the risk of feeding the troll....

Sure I was, considering I said:

Finley has also known a propensity for granite hands

I also said that if he's not carefully covered, he will burn you. In short, exactly what I said takes place...took place.

How bout this game? Are we to think he was triple covered and let everyone else on the team catch a pass but him

What about this game? Green Bay scored a zillion points against Oakland. Must every player on an offensive juggernaut have a fantastic game? Must Finley have a fantastic game every game in order to vindicate my points?

If you think that, you should carefully review what I wrote about Finley, because it wasn't flattering.

Average run of the mill TE

What you said was fat, slow and unable to get open. Clearly you're some form of Green Bay hater or something, or you're looking to pick fights you cannot win. I said Finley has great potential, but he has issues. You speak as though he's fully incapable under any circumstance, and that's clearly a stupid and easily defeated position.

You should think more carefully about choosing to pick an internet fight with me.

:sigh:

At the risk of feeding the troll....

Sure I was, considering I said:

I also said that if he's not carefully covered, he will burn you. In short, exactly what I said takes place...took place.

What about this game? Green Bay scored a zillion points against Oakland. Must every player on an offensive juggernaut have a fantastic game? Must Finley have a fantastic game every game in order to vindicate my points?

If you think that, you should carefully review what I wrote about Finley, because it wasn't flattering.

What you said was fat, slow and unable to get open. Clearly you're some form of Green Bay hater or something, or you're looking to pick fights you cannot win. I said Finley has great potential, but he has issues. You speak as though he's fully incapable under any circumstance, and that's clearly a stupid and easily defeated position.

You should think more carefully about choosing to pick an internet fight with me.

Yes a zillion points and no catches for finley. He burnt nobody last week you can leave him open he will not burn you but he will drop it

Average TE at best

Disagree with most of you. Rodgers totally misuses Finley. He may need to take a page out of Brady's book. Brady forces the ball to his tight ends. Finley is twice as talented as either of those tight ends.

Yes a zillion points and no catches for finley. He burnt nobody last week you can leave him open he will not burn you but he will drop it

Average TE at best

Ok, troll.

:rolleyes:

Disagree with most of you. Rodgers totally misuses Finley. He may need to take a page out of Brady's book. Brady forces the ball to his tight ends. Finley is twice as talented as either of those tight ends.

you are right... Rodgers totally misused Finley as he racked up 47 points in 2 and half quarters against da Raidas... :lol:

It's very simple at this point.... Opponents put a corner on Finley and/or double him, the rest of the Packers will tear you a new one...

You don't and Finley will (see last week)

HTH :thumbsup:

Even crybaby Steeler fans should be able to understand this at this point :doublethumbsup:

Picked a wonderful week to score 0 for me in my playoff game. <_<

you are right... Rodgers totally misused Finley as he racked up 47 points in 2 and half quarters against da Raidas... :lol:

It's very simple at this point.... Opponents put a corner on Finley and/or double him, the rest of the Packers will tear you a new one...

You don't and Finley will (see last week)

HTH :thumbsup:

Even crybaby Steeler fans should be able to understand this at this point :doublethumbsup:

Still going with the gotta double finley mantra? OK....LOL

Really don't know what packer games you are watching

Take the homer glasses sob can't even catch