Sign in to follow this  
sportsfreak2744

Jermichael Finley

if he would run routes thats worth anything, the ball would be in his hands . one first down, and he plays the rest of the game like his part is done.

He isn't that good. I drafted him too early too. I was soooooooo sure he was gonna be what graham is to brees

How can you not have chemistry with Aaron Rodgers?

Because he's an immature jackass who has a big head and thinks he is better than he is. To this point in his career, he has lived on two facts: he is a physical phreak, and he has the best QB of our generation throwing him the ball.

He lacks chemistry with Rodgers because he lacks the humility to learn that Rodgers is a tactician, and expects you to be the position you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to be there.

And JerMichael isn't capable of that to this point. He has a ######-ton of growing up to do.

I don't think he is even all that talented or beast like as everyone claims. What is that based on? I fell for the hype by overdrafting but no need to blame it on immaturity and keep the talent hype going. He is just another TE

He was projected at #4 or #5 by the experts and now he sits currently at #6...

If you drafted him high, you have only yourself to blame

1. he's coming off major surgery

2. The Packers have so many options

3. He's immature

4. He drops easy passes

5. The Packers won a Super Bowl without him.... He's not essential to their success... they don't need to force anything to him

He has helped the Packer offense immensely because he requires lots of attention.... The Buccaneers, for example, had Ronde Barber on him the whole game.... You know who Ronde Barber wasn't covering? Jordy Nelson and D. Driver who went for 250 and a couple of TDs...

For dumbasses like Murf who's say he's fat, slow, can't get open, etc..... they are just giving bad information out...

Why do you have Barber guarding a fat slow "just another TE" guy?

If you concentrate on stopping the great Packer WRs instead, Finley will explode... [see Chicago game]

Rodgers will hit the open man... I don't think he cares about your fantasy teams...

I think he's becoming a little more mature, but I think he still struggles with the mental part of the game. Rodgers can give a look to Jennings, Driver, or Jordy and know that they are thinking what he is thinking.

I don't think Finley is capable of that kind of subtlety. He works like crazy on the physical part of his game, but I don't think he puts as much time in the playbook and on improving as a tactician. He's the classic athlete who relies completely on his physical gifts and thus doesn't reach his full potential.

And I don't think Rodgers trusts him. I've seen Rodgers on several occassions have to redirect him to where he's supposed to be prior to the snap and often he doesn't run the proper route. On one of his TDs he was actually blocking in the endzone and then turned around to fine the ball coming his way. He thought it was a run play. On the INT to Urlacher, he was running up the field when Rodgers was expecting him to keep running sideways.

He might be a better fantasy TE on another team.

He was projected at #4 or #5 by the experts and now he sits currently at #6...

If you drafted him high, you have only yourself to blame

1. he's coming off major surgery

2. The Packers have so many options

3. He's immature

4. He drops easy passes

5. The Packers won a Super Bowl without him.... He's oonot essential to their success... they don't need to force anything to him

He has helped the Packer offense immensely because he requires lots of attention.... The Buccaneers, for example, had Ronde Barber on him the whole game.... You know who Ronde Barber wasn't covering? Jordy Nelson and D. Driver who went for 250 and a couple of TDs...

For dumbasses like Murf who's say he's fat, slow, can't get open, etc..... they are just giving bad information out...

Why do you have Barber guarding a fat slow "just another TE" guy?

If you concentrate on stopping the great Packer WRs instead, Finley will explode... [see Chicago game]

Rodgers will hit the open man... I don't think he cares about your fantasy teams...

Only 1 good game. Nelson has numerous game breaking performances. You tell me who you would cover. It's not a big fat boy. Average te and average performance.

Stop quoting his rank it was 1 week that put him there you are the only 1 who seems to not understand

too many options on the pack and major knee injury kinda slowed him down. The pack have basically two top ten wrs. James jones is no stiff either, he's on pace for 700 yards himself. If Finley had Graham type stats, then Rodgers would be shattering every nfl passing record. In short, emergence of Jordy Nelson cut alot into his stats as well as his knee injury.

1 out of every 3 pts Finley scored in fantasy this year has come in one fluke game...roughly

How can you not have chemistry with Aaron Rodgers?

Hes a waste. One 3TD game made his stats look promising early but hes a bum. And, since I have Jennings, the less chemistry he has with Rodgers, the better. Fock him.

Only 1 good game. Nelson has numerous game breaking performances. You tell me who you would cover. It's not a big fat boy. Average te and average performance.

Stop quoting his rank it was 1 week that put him there you are the only 1 who seems to not understand

Of the two of us, I am the only one consistently giving good, solid insider information on Jermichael Finley and you are the one giving FFToday misinformation - he is slow, fat, can't get open, can't beat coverage, is an average TE, etc.

I think many people are trying to make important decisions on Finley for their playoffs coming up and it's key to not have the extreme misinformation that you spout because you are bitter for reaching for him...

Of the two of us, I am the only one consistently giving good, solid insider information on Jermichael Finley and you are the one giving FFToday misinformation - he is slow, fat, can't get open, can't beat coverage, is an average TE, etc.

I think many people are trying to make important decisions on Finley for their playoffs coming up and it's key to not have the extreme misinformation that you spout because you are bitter for reaching for him...

I do agree with you he has very good physical talent.

His problem is he has hands of stone. He has dropped atleast 4 pretty easy TDs this year and tons of other balls. He has had more than enough opportunities this year to put up great numbers he just hasn't gotten it done.

Finley is also playing for a new contract, so we're hearing some sulky blaming of others for the fact that he isn't piling up the monster stats that demand a monster contract. He says he would be "okay with" the franchise tag, which would amount to 7 million dollars and change. Maybe he'll get it, maybe he won't.

The Packers do better without Finley on the field.

The offense is even more dynamic this year....

The Packers are 11-0 despite the defense playing worse than it did last year. (They were 10-6 without him last year)...

Explain your statement, please :thumbsup:

The offense is even more dynamic this year....

The Packers are 11-0 despite the defense playing worse than it did last year. (They were 10-6 without him last year)...

Explain your statement, please :thumbsup:

The title explains it, Finley says, "He lacks chemistry with Rogers." The Packers don't need a crybaby in the lineup messing with the successful formula that's going on. Fact: The Packers won from a 6th seed postion last year through the superbowl without Finley. To remind people that seem to have short memories; The Packers beat the Giants without Finley 45-17 December 26th, the Packers then beat the Bears January 2nd without Finley. The Packers then qualified as the 6th seed and went into Philadelphia and won 21-16 without Finley. On a tear, the Packers without Finley, went into #1 seed's place, Atlanta, and whallopped them 48-21. Did I mention that was without Finley? The Packers then went into Chicago and beat the Bears 21-14 to win the NFC championship without Finley. And again no Finley was in the lineup when the Packers defeated Pittsburgh 31-25 on February 6th in the superbowl.

So explain what you mean by "more dynamic this year" because of Finley.... :thumbsup:

So explain what you mean by "more dynamic this year" because of Finley.... :thumbsup:

Aaron Rodgers: More yards, more TDs, less INTs, better completion rating, way, way better quarterback rating

Offense: More yards, more TDs, more points... more options, more complete domination of opposing defenses....

I'm not sure what you are seeing but I've watched every minute of every Packer game :dunno:

The offense is better with Finley in the lineup

You are giving blind homer information.

Here is all you neede to know....in std yahoo scoring last 4 game average......Finley is 14th best TE. So in a 16 team league he is a borderline starter and in every other league you CAN do better.

Take off your homer glasses this is fantasy football and he flat out is NOT producing. Fantasy owners don't want to hear ra ra Packer fan telling us he makes offense better as he has made nobodies fantasy team better this year. Oh but he did for one week vs chicago....BTW we don't get pts for making a packer offense better.

This is not a Packer bored drop the fricken finley pom poms

He lacks chemistry with Rodgers because he lacks the humility to learn that Rodgers is a tactician, and expects you to be the position you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to be there.

And JerMichael isn't capable of that to this point. He has a ######-ton of growing up to do.

Well said. :thumbsup: ARod is as smart a QB as there is and, due to his rapid release & lightning arm, he's throwing to WHERE a receiver SHOULD be (Gretzky like precision/vision) Findley can't process and execute those routes.

Here is all you neede to know....in std yahoo scoring last 4 game average......Finley is 14th best TE. So in a 16 team league he is a borderline starter and in every other league you CAN do better.

Take off your homer glasses this is fantasy football and he flat out is NOT producing. Fantasy owners don't want to hear ra ra Packer fan telling us he makes offense better as he has made nobodies fantasy team better this year. Oh but he did for one week vs chicago....BTW we don't get pts for making a packer offense better.

This is not a Packer bored drop the fricken finley pom poms

I feel you are just trolling at this point (or borderline retarded)....

Finley is underperforming this year but people want to know why.

Murf74... He's fat, slow, can't get open, an average TE, etc., sucks, (incorrect information)

Me (and others): He's missed a lot of catchable balls (including TD passes), running bad routes, not mature as he needs to be, is getting special attention from defenses, and other specific things... (correct information)

People are trying to set their lineups for their all-important playoffs right now and trying to factor in all of the circumstances that will affect TE production these next 4-5 weeks...

My conversation about “making the Packer offense better” is an argument with another poster... If you don't want to hear it, don't read it... It's pretty simple. Stop being a troll...

Bring something substantive (and factually correct) to this conversation about Michael Finley or troll elsewhere....

TIA

I feel you are just trolling at this point (or borderline retarded)....

Finley is underperforming this year but people want to know why.

Murf74... He's fat, slow, can't get open, an average TE, etc., sucks, (incorrect information)

Me (and others): He's missed a lot of catchable balls (including TD passes), running bad routes, not mature as he needs to be, is getting special attention from defenses, and other specific things... (correct information)

People are trying to set their lineups for their all-important playoffs right now and trying to factor in all of the circumstances that will affect TE production these next 4-5 weeks...

My conversation about “making the Packer offense better” is an argument with another poster... If you don't want to hear it, don't read it... It's pretty simple. Stop being a troll...

Bring something substantive (and factually correct) to this conversation about Michael Finley or troll elsewhere....

TIA

I like to look at trends and history when setting a lineuup. Over last 4 games finley has scored the 14th most pts for TE. You are a homer so 14th best sounds ok for your idol. But those filling out lineups in 12 and 10 team leagues do not have to feel obligated to keeep starting him. He shows no trend or pronise to break out.

Sorry he is average at best fantasy te option.

Perhaps you should tell us what trends make him a relavent te.

14th best over last 4 games...32 teams in the league...yep he is average

I like to look at trends and history when setting a lineuup. Over last 4 games finley has scored the 14th most pts for TE. You are a homer so 14th best sounds ok for your idol. But those filling out lineups in 12 and 10 team leagues do not have to feel obligated to keeep starting him. He shows no trend or pronise to break out.

Sorry he is average at best fantasy te option.

I agree - but it's not for the reasons you've stated, but for the reasons other posters (including me) have stated. Finley is neither fat, nor slow - and he can get open.

The problem is his focus; his maturity; and his route-running consistency. He may be "open", but he's not in the window of "open" that his play is designed to create, so Rodgers is losing confidence in throwing him the ball. Finley has also known a propensity for granite hands.

Perhaps you should tell us what trends make him a relavent te.

Other posters call Finley relevant because he makes the Packers offense more potent if for no other reason than he draws coverage.

14th best over last 4 games...32 teams in the league...yep he is average

No one has argued otherwise, except for the caveat that he is only performing at an average level. His potential is much higher, and - as it is with mental blocks, which can clear at any time - his potential can be met in any game, on any play.

While a TE who is fat, slow and cannot get open provides no such threat.

I agree - but it's not for the reasons you've stated, but for the reasons other posters (including me) have stated. Finley is neither fat, nor slow - and he can get open.

The problem is his focus; his maturity; and his route-running consistency. He may be "open", but he's not in the window of "open" that his play is designed to create, so Rodgers is losing confidence in throwing him the ball. Finley has also known a propensity for granite hands.

Other posters call Finley relevant because he makes the Packers offense more potent if for no other reason than he draws coverage.

No one has argued otherwise, except for the caveat that he is only performing at an average level. His potential is much higher, and - as it is with mental blocks, which can clear at any time - his potential can be met in any game, on any play.

While a TE who is fat, slow and cannot get open provides no such threat.

You dont have to be Einstein to be a TE and the nfl is full of immature players who show great talent consistently . So I am not buying the "he will be good when he matures" excuse. Its lame.

All those yards and tds being spread around with a great deal of attempts yet finley is virtually invisible on a game by game basis

Jake Ballard an undrafted rookie without any offseason simulation into the offense....only trails finley by 23 yards

Finley has scored in only 3 games all year

You dont have to be Einstein to be a TE and the nfl is full of immature players who show great talent consistently . So I am not buying the "he will be good when he matures" excuse. Its lame.

It looks like you're arguing against a case no one is making. The closest I got to saying such a thing is that JerMichael has good games on occasion, and - as such - he has to be respected (because he CAN get open and he IS hard to cover). No one appears to be claiming that "he will be good once he matures". I think the jury is completely out on that score.

What we're saying is that he draws coverage because the defense doesn't know he isn't running crisp and precise routes; they have to respect his size and abilities regardless. The minute any defense stops respecting Finley, he'll burn you on sheer athleticism.

All those yards and tds being spread around with a great deal of attempts yet finley is virtually invisible on a game by game basis

I'm not sure why you're having such a problem with this topic. Finley is part of the reason that there are a ton of yards and TDs being created, because he's drawing coverage away from other players who DO run good routes, and catch balls regularly. Nelson is proving to be a great WR1/2, and catches literally everything thrown to him - but he's in the right place on nearly every route.

Jake Ballard an undrafted rookie without any offseason simulation into the offense....only trails finley by 23 yards

Finley has scored in only 3 games all year

We're all aware how little Finley is doing with this gifts. You're not understanding what is being explained to you. By offering an example of a more pedestrian TE like Ballard, all you're doing is pointing out a TE that runs good routes, is not an attitude or disciplinary problem, and has an impact on the game.

Finley has the same sort of impact, he just does it less with hard work and more with his natural ability. That in no way means that he's not squandering it, however.

It looks like you're arguing against a case no one is making. The closest I got to saying such a thing is that JerMichael has good games on occasion, and - as such - he has to be respected (because he CAN get open and he IS hard to cover). No one appears to be claiming that "he will be good once he matures". I think the jury is completely out on that score.

Io

What we're saying is that he draws coverage because the defense doesn't know he isn't running crisp and precise routes; they have to respect his size and abilities regardless. The minute any defense stops respecting Finley, he'll burn you on sheer athleticism.

I'm not sure why you're having such a problem with this topic. Finley is part of the reason that there are a ton of yards and TDs being created, because he's drawing coverage away from other players who DO run good routes, and catch balls regularly. Nelson is proving to be a great WR1/2, and catches literally everything thrown to him - but he's in the right place on nearly every route.

We're all aware how little Finley is doing with this gifts. You're not understanding what is being explained to you. By offering an example of a more pedestrian TE like Ballard, all you're doing is pointing out a TE that runs good routes, is not an attitude or disciplinary problem, and has an impact on the game.

Finley has the same sort of impact, he just does it less with hard work and more with his natural ability. That in no way means that he's not squandering it, however.

Finley is a pedestrian TE. With all the attention nelson jones and jennings gets why in the heck is finley the only one out of the group not producing? He is not drawing extra coverage....a mediocre te does not draw coverage away from jennings jones and nelson who will take it 80 yards in a flash.....every te draws safety help and depending on formation a cb. But for you to tell me with a straight face that dbs are so worried about finley that they ignore all the playmaking wrs is well ludicrous.

What tape are coaches watching that would lead them to believe if they don't control finley they will lose? Like you chearleaders guess they only watched one game this year.

I have Gronk so in no way do I give a rats behind anymore other than to try and convince everyone to ignore the one game and start the te who will give you most points and finley isn't doing it

And the funniest thing is your explanation that defenses pay him so much attention cause they don't know he runs bad routes....f'n hillarious that you think you and everyone on this board sees i5 but no defensive coordinators.

Oh you are good keep the fuhnies coming

Get Finley in your lineup fellers.......he's going off this week.

They go heavy on Finley and he is dropping a lot. Time to step it up Finley!

finley is pissing me off!

it's spreading to jennings :angry:

today is one of the few pack games I've watched live, and while he's got good production, he's dropped easy pass after easy pass. It's amazing how accurate rodgers is, and how confident he is in himself to drop the ball into the smallest of spaces. I can see why they have no chemistry, trust issues, etc. Dude is just terrible at catching the ball. And I'm not sure if he's suddenly running the right routes, or he's just getting open on wrong routes, however he's consistently open! Regardless, I can see why the pack offense is better with him in there. He can go for zero catches, but the attention he requires definitely allows the other guys to play the way they're playing. If he was a good TE with good routes and good hands, the pack would be on a whole other plateau...

With all of the horrible drops today by the Packers, that was two pretty sweet snatches back to back by jordy and driver :thumbsup:

With all of the horrible drops today by the Packers, that was two pretty sweet snatches back to back by jordy and driver :thumbsup:

jordy is a machine

This game vindicated every little thing I said about Finley.

But so had the season to this point.

Finley has chemistry issues with his own hands. That said... Quarless stepping on his own quad means Finley is the only TE receiving threat they have right now. Time to see what the rook can do.

Finley has chemistry issues with his own hands.

Not an issue for me. :wub:

today is one of the few pack games I've watched live, and while he's got good production, he's dropped easy pass after easy pass. It's amazing how accurate rodgers is, and how confident he is in himself to drop the ball into the smallest of spaces. I can see why they have no chemistry, trust issues, etc. Dude is just terrible at catching the ball. And I'm not sure if he's suddenly running the right routes, or he's just getting open on wrong routes, however he's consistently open! Regardless, I can see why the pack offense is better with him in there. He can go for zero catches, but the attention he requires definitely allows the other guys to play the way they're playing. If he was a good TE with good routes and good hands, the pack would be on a whole other plateau...

Yup, he can run some great routes and get open. Even when he is not open, he is athletic enough that Rodgers can throw him open most of the time. However, he is dropping a lot of passes this year. This game was by far the worst he has had for drops, but he has consistently had about a drop a game and the trust isn't there to just feed him the ball. Jennings and Nelson are playing so much better.

After skimming through this thread I feel compelled to leave a few remarks.

I've watched 11 of the 12 Packers' games this season. Jermichael has not played up to his potential this year. Well most players don't, but the goal is to come as close to your potential as possible. And I'm not talking about fantasy football here at the moment. But Jermichael has fallen far shorter of his potential this year than the average player. Those who have followed and watched Finley over the years, know that he is capable of much more.

That being said, it bothers me to see people making such bold statements and conclusions to describe something by using stats alone. It almost becomes laughable. There is more going on in the games than the statline. Finley just had what, his second best game of the year, as far as fantasy goes? Well it was actually one of his worst games of the year if you actually watched him play. And he has had some other disappointing ones. Finley has played better in some games, when his statline was frowned upon by fantasy owners. So much of fantasy is based on situation.

Finley had more good opportunities to score fantasy points yesterday based on the defensive scheme of the Giants, and Finley disappointed. If you look at the final stats, you may think, "That's more like it. That's the the Finley I was expecting. He played well." No... he didn't. He had some bad drops.

Finely has been a dissapointment this year. Watching him over the years and comparing him to the other TEs in the league, I would say right now he is one of the top 3 receiving TEs in the league. That analysis is not based on stats, not on potential, not on talent... it's on how good of a receiver he is. It would not surprise me one bit (nor should it surprise anyone who follows Finley/Packers closely) to watch Finely finish the season off with four straight 100+ yards and 1 TD games.

If he does finish the season like that...is he a way better player than he has been earlier in the season? No. To me he is what he is. A very good receiving TE, who has had some bad drops this season despite having good hands. And a TE who plays on a high scoring offense with a very good QB and other good receivers around him.

Here is all you neede to know....in std yahoo scoring...

Donnie Cheese gives you the play break down, the coverage breakdowns, and an Xs and Os explanation of why Finley hasn't put up numbers and your key component of rebuttal starts with "in std yahoo scoring"? :lol: