Sign in to follow this  
KevinH313

Return of Peyton Manning

What do you guys think of his chances to play this season? So far, the news is that he's doing some light throwing and is trying to get on to the practice field.

If Manning CAN get healthy enough to play by the end of the season, you guys think the Colts will put him out there? Obviously the issue with rushing Manning back is risking aggravating his injuries. But if I were the Colts, I wouldn't want to go 0-16 this season. I'd play Peyton if he's healthy.

On a fantasy related note, would you grab Peyton right now off the waiver wire and save him in case he does return? Colts face Tennessee and Houston during the playoffs, so not superb matchups, but good enough for Peyton Manning, I think.

Well, I entertained this idea but with Stafford and Newton I decided to stick with them. But did pickup Tamme and Dallas Clark in case Manning comes back.

I don't see why the colts would risk playing him since the games really have no meaning at this point. It is not as if he needs the practice.

I don't see why the colts would risk playing him since the games really have no meaning at this point. It is not as if he needs the practice.

It'd be more to see how well he plays post-injury, assuming there's still any debate whether or not the team will draft Luck. Unlikely, but should the team want to trade Manning, then you'd want to showcase him for other teams as well. Given how many teams are desperate for a QB, there's no better time to get tremendous from a QB of Manning's level.

I don't think the Colts will trade Peyton... He's meant too much to the organization. He'll retire before he plays for another team.

I also think they'll draft Luck whether Peyton can play or not. Can you imagine Luck, who is already rumored to be NFL ready, getting to learn behind Peyton for a season or 2? All they'd need is a defense and a run game sometime before 2018 and the Colts would be back in business for a LONG time. Whew.

Manning will cost Colts $28 mm next season .. he is done in Indy & possibly his career.

Manning will cost Colts $28 mm next season .. he is done in Indy & possibly his career.

Irsay and the Colts don't have an issue with this. And I heard it wasn't going to be that much. I would have to find it though.

Plus, he could restructure that into a bonus and such and save cap room, if he came back.

If Manning were to play this year and I would have no doubts that he wouldn't mind, it would only be to see him in action and would be the last game of the season. I don't think it will happen, but that would be my best guess.

He got good news this week and is now able to start doing more, including throwing the ball. He has to get is body back into shape for doing such and he pretty much said that. So honestly, just being able to see him throw balls over 20/30 yards soon would be encouraging.

You're right, there's no real good reason, but if Colts are 0-14 by week 15, wouldn't you put him out there so they don't become the 2nd team to go 0-16? That's pretty embarrassing, I think, to an organization.

Also, the comment about showcasing him for other teams makes sense.

I have Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Tebow going into the playoffs. Eli is pretty good, but he's got tough matchups so I'm not confident about any of them. Would love to get Peyton to save my fantasy season.

The only way he sees the field is if there's 2 games to go, and every other team has at least 3 wins. Even then, I doubt he does anything but practice.

Considering he was willing to negotiate a long term contract with the Colts knowing he was not healthy enough to play, the least he could do is renegotiate his contract to lower that number.

I hope he comes back week 15 and plays like the old Peyton so in week 16 when i make the finals in league i have Reggie Wayne roting away on bench Wayne and Manning can go off in meaningless game for the Colts :pointstosky:

That would be kind of odd cause normally the Colts rest their players in the last week or 2 and this year they might actually help :unsure:

You're right, there's no real good reason, but if Colts are 0-14 by week 15, wouldn't you put him out there so they don't become the 2nd team to go 0-16? That's pretty embarrassing, I think, to an organization.

To me, it would be more embarrassing to start him if they're 0-14, and he gets injured again. I don't think they could care less about their record. Plus, it could damage their lock on Manning's heir apparent, Mr. Luck.

I hope he comes back week 15 and plays like the old Peyton so in week 16 when i make the finals in league i have Reggie Wayne roting away on bench Wayne and Manning can go off in meaningless game for the Colts :pointstosky:

That would be kind of odd cause normally the Colts rest their players in the last week or 2 and this year they might actually help :unsure:

No this year, they decided to rest everyone and just not win. That way, next year they will be rested.

Considering he was willing to negotiate a long term contract with the Colts knowing he was not healthy enough to play, the least he could do is renegotiate his contract to lower that number.

:mellow: