Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Next year - idea for top 3 picks in the draft.

The bottom 3 teams have to play week, highest scoring gets 1st pick, 2nd highest gets 2nd pick, etc.

Cannot change lineup from week 13 to week 14 (to prevent cheating)- someone gets hurt? too bad.

Thoughts?

The bottom 3 teams have to play week, highest scoring gets 1st pick, 2nd highest gets 2nd pick, etc.

Cannot change lineup from week 13 to week 14 (to prevent cheating)- someone gets hurt? too bad.

Thoughts?

I don't even know what this post means. Did you mumble it into your phone or something?

One of my other leagues has a losers bracket playoffs for top pick. Prevents tanking as even if you miss playoffs, you want to win the losers bracket and pick high.

Not sure I like it for this league, but I'm more on board with that than some 1 week luck based challenge between just 3 of the non playoff teams.

I don't even know what this post means. Did you mumble it into your phone or something?

One of my other leagues has a losers bracket playoffs for top pick. Prevents tanking as even if you miss playoffs, you want to win the losers bracket and pick high.

Not sure I like it for this league, but I'm more on board with that than some 1 week luck based challenge between just 3 of the non playoff teams.

head to head isn't luck? huh, what?

it's just a starting point.

Just so help and try take tanking out of getting the 1st pick

head to head isn't luck? huh, what?

it's just a starting point.

Just so help and try take tanking out of getting the 1st pick

The best solution is to keep it as is, and not have anyone in this league that you have to worry about possibly tanking.

_____

But if we can't do that, have an identical bracket for the non playoff teams as we do the playoff teams. 7 and 8 get byes. 9 vs 12. 10 vs 11. Bracket winner gets #1 pick, Runner up #2, etc.

That'll prevent tanking all together, as you'll either want to win to get into the real playoffs, or to improve your draw for the losers bracket.

:wacko: Fock that sh1t. We don't have to worry about tanking because the bottom teams are out of the playoffs.

Alos, this will all be moot anyway if someone trades away their 1st round pick.

Also, I had at least 6 players from my team go on IR this year.

Also, I lost by .25 points this week. Would hate for something like that to cost someone the 1st pick in the draft.

Alos, this will all be moot anyway if someone trades away their 1st round pick.

PoColts made a good point!

The only solution is to have 12 owners we don't have to worry about. :thumbsup:

Also, I lost by .25 points this week. Would hate for something like that to cost someone the 1st pick in the draft.

Me beating you by .25 DID cost someone the 1st pick in the draft. It would have been Ed's, and then mine! :mad:

Me beating you by .25 DID cost someone the 1st pick in the draft. It would have been Ed's, and then mine! :mad:

:headbanger:

PoColts made a good point!

The only solution is to have 12 owners we don't have to worry about. :thumbsup:

Exactly, trim the fat... move forward with ethical owners. We should never have to worry about about people tanking, because only dooshbags tank. No dooshbags = no tankers.

No dooshbags

we're going to miss you md :wave:

we're going to miss you md :wave:

I have no problem with that. I don't plan on coming back anyways. Merry Christmas! :cheers: