Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

With Big Ben not expected to play

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/21/report-ben-roethlisberger-not-expected-to-start-on-saturday/

Pittsburgh Steelers officials reportedly “would be shocked” if injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will start this Saturday against the St. Louis Rams, NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora tweeted.

How much do you trust Batch to throw to Mike Wallace and/or Antonio Brown?

I'm still trying to decide between Antonio Brown vs Hakeem Nicks (vs Revis)

Stevie Johnson was the last guy who scored on Revis, but he did a damn good job shutting down Bowe and DJax.

I'm thinking Antonio Brown will get 6-70, which might be more than what Nicks will get.

If that is true then that f'ing sucks! I was hoping for a big game from Wallace against the Rams. Have to roll with Wallace though either way I believe... Have Malcom Floyd... Man, I hate these tough decisions.

I remember back in 2010 against the bucs, batch hooked up with wallace for back to back 50 yard tds. I am rolling with wallace in the finals. It only takes one bomb

I don't trust Batch to finish the game. By all accounts he's a great guy, but he cannot stay healthy even in the limited time he sees. I work in Pittsburgh and I joke with my coworkers that Ben getting hit means he loses his foot, Batch getting hit means he dies. Also, he's net -12 yards on the season.

Well, who else is Batch/Dixon going to throw to? Miller is a good TE but he can't carry a receiving game.

I think Wallace is a solid WR2 still, while Brown is more WR3 material. Lower than Santana Moss, higher than Heyward-Bey.

Well, who else is Batch/Dixon going to throw to? Miller is a good TE but he can't carry a receiving game.

I think Wallace is a solid WR2 still, while Brown is more WR3 material. Lower than Santana Moss, higher than Heyward-Bey.

The problem with projecting this game is that Batch and Dixon have very different skillsets that compliment different receivers. If Dixon plays, then I like Wallace more than if Batch plays (although Wallace is a stud, so maybe this is a bad example). Batch isn't going to be doing any 7-step/deep routes, so I like Miller and the slot WRs more.

Batch has performed well in Ben's absence in the past, but I expect that if there's any game the Steelers will be able to dominate on the ground this year, this is it. Hard to imagine the Steelers throwing the ball a lot in this matchup. Have to hope for a big play early if you rely on Wallace or Brown.