Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

Jacksonville to interview Schotty

Just read on the NFL Network ticker that Brian Schottenheimer is one of the candidates Jacksonville will be asking permission to interview. This to me, is why some teams will be mired in mediocrity for years and years. I'm not a Jet fan, but know alot of Jet fans and they might throw a parade if Jax hires this guy away from the Jets. There's another thread on here about what happened to the Jets. Schotty should be at the top of that list. Sanchez isn't as bad as people think. I think the Jets might be on the verge of firing this guy and Jax may interview him. JFC Could someone help me understand this?

Just read on the NFL Network ticker that Brian Schottenheimer is one of the candidates Jacksonville will be asking permission to interview. This to me, is why some teams will be mired in mediocrity for years and years. I'm not a Jet fan, but know alot of Jet fans and they might throw a parade if Jax hires this guy away from the Jets. There's another thread on here about what happened to the Jets. Schotty should be at the top of that list. Sanchez isn't as bad as people think. I think the Jets might be on the verge of firing this guy and Jax may interview him. JFC Could someone help me understand this?

It's not Shotty's fault he's stuck coaching for a pathetic organization with a blowhard coach and horrible qb. The best thing he could do is get out of there before they make him look any worse. If the guy had an organization with half a clue and a decent qb he'd be fine. I don't know about him being a HC but what coordinator could thrive in that situation? Like they say you can't make chicken soup out of chicken feathers.

It's not Shotty's fault he's stuck coaching for a pathetic organization with a blowhard coach and horrible qb. The best thing he could do is get out of there before they make him look any worse. If the guy had an organization with half a clue and a decent qb he'd be fine. I don't know about him being a HC but what coordinator could thrive in that situation? Like they say you can't make chicken soup out of chicken feathers.

I don't know. He's been the coordinator for about 6 years. When was the last time the Jets offense was any good?

Jets fans everywhere just want to give someone else a shot.

Good riddance.

Couldn't disagree more. Schotty is a big part of what you're calling a "pathetic organization".

The post showing Shotty's entire playbook is classic.

Hahaha....that's my favorite one.

What is that from techmo bowl?

Classic.

Who has the guy had to work with at QB? Sanchez, Clemens, noodle arm and a washed up Favre? I think the jury is still out on who's at fault for their shortcomings. I find it hard to believe that he'd struggle as OC in New England, New Orleans, Carolina, GB or somewhere with a viable QB. Could the guy be a bad OC ?, sure. But to me he's been sent to a gunfight with a knife so far. ETA: How's McDaniels faired since leaving NE? Is he horrible too?

Who has the guy had to work with at QB? Sanchez, Clemens, noodle arm and a washed up Favre? I think the jury is still out on who's at fault for their shortcomings. I find it hard to believe that he'd struggle as OC in New England, New Orleans, Carolina, GB or somewhere with a viable QB. Could the guy be a bad OC ?, sure. But to me he's been sent to a gunfight with a knife so far. ETA: How's McDaniels faired since leaving NE? Is he horrible too?

We can go back and forth all day on what's wrong with the Jets. It could be Schotty, maybe Sanchez, maybe the front office, the declining defense since Rex Ryan took over. I personally would put Schotty's shotty playcalling as one of the bigger problems. Maybe I'm wrong. Now the reason I started this thread... what has he done since being a coach in this league to earn an interview for a head coaching job?? How long can he ride Daddy's coattails without accomplishing anything of note in his coaching career?

I agree he's proven nothing and isn't a viable HC candidate. The comments I made were for the countless Jets fans that feel he is the biggest reason for their offensive problems. When was the last time the Jets even had a decent offense? Get a real QB and maybe whoever the OC is will have something to work with.

In all fairness Farve did help minnesota make the Championship game the following year. The play calling was questionable to down right pathetic. They look bad cause of him not in spite of.

I don't know. He's been the coordinator for about 6 years. When was the last time the Jets offense was any good?

Jets fans everywhere just want to give someone else a shot.

Good riddance.

This :thumbsup:

Fishing expedition?

You do know schotty was sucking Kong before Rex showed up right? He sucked as oc under a coach who was the polar opposite of Rex.

He can't thrive on offense with a solid d, many weapons, pro bowl onlineman and a top special teams unit? That's hard to believe

With the reports coming out of NYJ about Sanchez and his attitude and work ethic, coupled with the non-stop lip flapping of Rex Ryan, I really don't blame Schotty for jumping ship. In fact, it may turn out to be a great move. He'll likely end up at a college program with less pressure, less scrutiny and a better chance of success. I don't think the guy is a great OC, but working for Ryan has to really suck.

With the reports coming out of NYJ about Sanchez and his attitude and work ethic, coupled with the non-stop lip flapping of Rex Ryan, I really don't blame Schotty for jumping ship. In fact, it may turn out to be a great move. He'll likely end up at a college program with less pressure, less scrutiny and a better chance of success. I don't think the guy is a great OC, but working for Ryan has to really suck.

Why must working for Ryan suck? Outside of opposing fans disliking the guy I see no reason a coordinator wouldn't want to coach for him. He puts most of the scrutiny on himself.

I don't think so many players would want to play for Rex if he was a bad coach. He needs to tone it down yea.

Schotty sucked under mangina as well. If he needs a non pressure situation to succeed, then by all means get out of the NFL.

So with Schottenheimer gone...

http://gantdaily.com/2012/01/11/schottenheimer-jets-decide-to-part-company/

...the Jets will now be a fast paced scoring offense right?

Or will they hire another guy with a plodding, run first, ball control offense that best serves the team's overall defensive philosophy?

Definitely the latter. Schottenheimer may be of that bent anyway but this kind of gameplan begins and ends with the head coach and the overall team concept formulated by management.

So with Schottenheimer gone...

http://gantdaily.com/2012/01/11/schottenheimer-jets-decide-to-part-company/

...the Jets will now be a fast paced scoring offense right?

Or will they hire another guy with a plodding, run first, ball control offense that best serves the team's overall defensive philosophy?

Definitely the latter. Schottenheimer may be of that bent anyway but this kind of gameplan begins and ends with the head coach and the overall team concept formulated by management.

they can and should be a run first, smash mouth team. At least once they find a startable right tackle.

the issue is that even as a run first team, you need to scare defenses downfield to open up the run. When you have 2 plays over 40 yards all season, you have issues. They simply did not take enough shots which has been an issue with Schotty since day 1, 6 years ago.