Sign in to follow this  
Michbb

Fantasy Football Sites

Can everyone provide me some input. I run a 12 team league. I've had this league for 5 years now. 4 years were on Fanball and then last year was on Realtime Fantasy Sports. I think that since fanball went belly up and realtime sprots provided us a free league that people want me to find a new free site to run our league so that there is a bigger payout. So what sites do people use here? I usually have 3 divisions - divison winners and next 3 go to championship bracket and then the bottom 6 compete for the toilet bowl.

Can everyone provide me some input. I run a 12 team league. I've had this league for 5 years now. 4 years were on Fanball and then last year was on Realtime Fantasy Sports. I think that since fanball went belly up and realtime sprots provided us a free league that people want me to find a new free site to run our league so that there is a bigger payout. So what sites do people use here? I usually have 3 divisions - divison winners and next 3 go to championship bracket and then the bottom 6 compete for the toilet bowl.

I know your primary focus is free. But if you use MFL, you'll be getting a great site. And splitting the hosting fee between the 12 of you won't break the bank.

I know your primary focus is free. But if you use MFL, you'll be getting a great site. And splitting the hosting fee between the 12 of you won't break the bank.

agreed that nothing compares to MFL.. but if you want a free simple to use site I do participate in a ESPN league that seems ok.. I also hear some talk about Yahoo?

ESPN is tops for free FF, player updates and info are better than yahoo in my opinion. My longest standing league started on yahoo and we changed to ESPN and never looked back. The only thing is that you can't access ESPN FF right now, they are "getting ready for the season".

agreed that nothing compares to MFL.. but if you want a free simple to use site I do participate in a ESPN league that seems ok.. I also hear some talk about Yahoo?

I tried yahoo several years back as a late fill in for a friend, and I didn't really care for them.

I've never done espn, but if it came down to choosing between those 2 options. I would give espn a try, instead of useing yahoo again.

Agreed. I believe MFL is the best site out there and split between owners it doesn't cut into the bottom line. The leagues I've participated in on/at MFL have always been the most interactive and fun leagues.

I've never used MFL, but a lot of the regulars here @ fftoday love the site.

I use both ESPN & Yahoo for several of the leagues I'm in. Never had any issue with either site & both have apps for Android phones.

The only thing I dislike about Yahoo & ESPN is the dopes the employ as "fantasy experts". Behrens & Funston @ Yahoo & Berry @ ESPN are the absolute worst when it comes to projections or advice. That is unless they're comparing Ray Rice to Ray Finkle.

Thanks everyone! I start with my league and see what they want but thanks for sites. MFL looks promising!

Been on MFL for quite awhile and it has way too much content which hinders navigation. The drafting and waiver wire are bit more complicated than they need to be as well. They need to scale it back some or overhaul the interface.

We are trying Foxsports this year.

Been on MFL for quite awhile and it has way too much content which hinders navigation. The drafting and waiver wire are bit more complicated than they need to be as well. They need to scale it back some or overhaul the interface.

You can always remove the content that hinders your navigation and customize it to your liking.

As for me, I run three leagues through MyFantasyLeague. Won't ever consider another one if choosing a "pay site"

As for a free league, I prefer Yahoo way way way over ESPN. Can't stand ESPN's format.

You can always remove the content that hinders your navigation and customize it to your liking.

As for me, I run three leagues through MyFantasyLeague. Won't ever consider another one if choosing a "pay site"

As for a free league, I prefer Yahoo way way way over ESPN. Can't stand ESPN's format.

I dont dislike MFL, I just think it's overly complicated for my purposes. It's year to year historical info/stats are quite impresssive but i would rather it be free and easier.

I'm not sure why people hate Yahoo so much. I play in several leagues on their site & commish a keeper league. They keep a history of any league you've played in, & you can access every year's league results through your fantasy profile. Draft results can be entered in so keeper values can be saved from year to year. Very simple to use, imo.

With the early sign-up discount RTSports is around $70. For $6 per team you don't have to move anything and don't have to worry about which features the new free site doesn't support. It's not like you're sacrificing to be there, it's a solid site.

I understand wanting to maximize your league payout, but we have been with RTSports for years and believe the $72 is well worth the price. If you guys paid for using Fanball (at $60 per year, I think), then you used RTSports, I would think the HUGE upgrade is service would be worth the extra $12. Plus, like Wolverine said, you do not have to try to move all your league data and rules somewhere else.

:goodposting:

I'm not sure why people hate Yahoo so much. I play in several leagues on their site & commish a keeper league. They keep a history of any league you've played in, & you can access every year's league results through your fantasy profile. Draft results can be entered in so keeper values can be saved from year to year. Very simple to use, imo.

Agree completely with this. Never understood the value in paying for a site to host your fantasy league. Yahoo gives me everything I personally need and it's free. I've played on MFL, CBS, Foxsports, etc., and I don't think they offer anything much greater than Yahoo that it would be worth it to pay for. Just my opinion.

Mfl is good if you are an artsy person and need to have more design control over the look of your page. Also if you need really crazy parameters like a 64 person league. It's not bad but as others have said, its a bit bulky and in my opinion many areas are clunky.

If you want more money in your pot, go with ESPN. Simple, easy to navigate, plenty of features and it looks just fine.

I've use espn and yahoo. Switched to yahoo 3 years ago and have been very happy. The App took a few jumps forward in this past season. Personally my favorite part of yahoo is the stat tracker from the computer which shows the run down of each play as they are happening for each game. I usually watch the redzone channel and keep an eye on all the the other games through this. I'm sure the other sites have a similar thing but I know yahoos is very helpful for me

I've use espn and yahoo. Switched to yahoo 3 years ago and have been very happy. The App took a few jumps forward in this past season. Personally my favorite part of yahoo is the stat tracker from the computer which shows the run down of each play as they are happening for each game. I usually watch the redzone channel and keep an eye on all the the other games through this. I'm sure the other sites have a similar thing but I know yahoos is very helpful for me

I enjoy using the stat tracker as well. Yahoo used to charge for this feature a few years back but now they offer it for free. This is one reason I prefer Yahoo over ESPN.

I've used ESPN and Fleaflicker for free leagues, and really prefer Fleaflicker.

I'd like to completely retract everything I said about MFL. I never realized that my issues really stemmed from the fact that my former commish didnt take the time to set it up correctly or customize it properly to our needs. Now that I'm the commish of a new league, it's unbeatable for the price.

This is after i recently set up leagues on espn,foxsports,yahoo,fleaflicker and Rtsports. No one touches the customization of MFL. Bye bye CBS!