Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Ask a stoopid grease monkey a stoopid car related question

I drove to a hole in the wall Messican restaurant tonight. They had a special. 2 feline burritos for $1.79. Being cheap, I was all over it. On my way home, my muffler blew out and my exhaust system was on fire. Do I need a new Katalitic converter?

Top off your blinker fluid and you'll be right as rain. :thumbsup:

Also goodnight.

Also, also, good to see you posting again here :cheers:

What ails your tired ride?

Go !@#

If my Ford Focus get's knocked up should I shoot her or make her tell the truth? And can you be at the wedding with those kick ass chilli dawgs?

If my Ford Focus get's knocked up should I shoot her or make her tell the truth? And can you be at the wedding with those kick ass chilli dawgs?

Only if OldMaid, Drobeski and Nikki are the bridesmaids and can prove once and for all that they don't have a adams apple.

Science states that HHO's cannot work as advertised. They cannot violate the first law of thermodynamics which states "Energy cannot be created or destroyed".

It causes the alternator to work harder to power the electrolysis unit. Since electrolysis is inefficient, the energy required to produce the hydrogen is much higher than the energy gained by the hydrogen. HHO's will cause a vehicles MPG to drop.

it's clear from your unenlightened retort, you haven't the vaguest of ideas about which you speak. the amps and the output can both be maintained in any good system. they don't cause a drop in mpg. they actually increase mileage and torque by burning the fuel better, and it decreases the pollutions out the tailpipe. it works the same as propane preignition systems. all of those facts have been proven over and over again despite the smartest of a&&es on the internet telling us otherwise, yet never utilizing the technology. the mileage gains are limited by the ecu. hence, my questions. are you able to help answer them, or are you just disagreeing again to hear yourself type?

it's clear from your unenlightened retort, you haven't the vaguest of ideas about which you speak. the amps and the output can both be maintained in any good system. they don't cause a drop in mpg. they actually increase mileage and torque by burning the fuel better, and it decreases the pollutions out the tailpipe. it works the same as propane preignition systems. all of those facts have been proven over and over again despite the smartest of a&&es on the internet telling us otherwise, yet never utilizing the technology. the mileage gains are limited by the ecu. hence, my questions. are you able to help answer them, or are you just disagreeing again to hear yourself type?

Seeing as how mpg is now a major selling point for new vehicles why do no major auto manufacturers use this technology.

You can't just create free energy. The energy to power the electrolysis unit comes from the alternator and the power to the alternator comes from burning gasoline.

if i'm burning fuel more efficiently through the addition of hydrogen or hho, i should produce more carbon dioxide and water and less of the poisons, or trash as i call it, yet more heat as a result of better combustion. is the car programmed to expect a certain amount of trash and if it doesn't see it, it asks for more fuel to compensate? what does oxygen have to do with it? if carbon dioxide is a by product of efficient combustion, wouldn't the car be happier? there are some shenanigans somewhere in this computer car scam game. what should i do to make the car see the right "electric charge" that allows better efficiency?

Most ECU controlled cars these days use o2 sensors to determine the proper amount of fuel to use. Some use a manifold pressure gage instead to make this determination...

The ideal ratio of air to fuel is 14.7:1, this is known as stoichiometric. A higher ratio present means the engine is running lean, with hotter combustion, and this can cause predetonation and other bad situations...

Too much fuel and it is known as running rich... This is less problematic as the extra fuel acts as a cooling agent in the cylinders, and for dual overhead cam engines that run at high compression and RPMs, you actaully want to add fuel at higher RPM levels as it adds a bigger safety cushion. Running rich generally means not all the fuel in the cylinders will be combusted and means worse emissions, and quicker deterioration of exhaust components, but your engine won;t be as likely to blow up as it would running lean.

So in summation, no, the sensors don't look for 'trash', although the two catalytic converters do a calculation to see the difference in 'trash' to make sure they are running optimally, but that is purely for emissions, not performance. The o2 sensors are calculating that air/fuel mix and making adjustments to make the ratio as close to 14.7:1 as it can.

His point is that running the alternator creates parasitic loss, you are taking engine power away from the drivetrain to power the alternator. Hybrid cars do this for a minimal net efficiency gain, so perhaps you have a point. I know very little about this type of technology though.

My friends 2003 Explorer is making a loud humming noise. When he steers the car to the left it gets worse and when he steers to the right it gets better.

Seeing as how mpg is now a major selling point for new vehicles why do no major auto manufacturers use this technology.

You can't just create free energy. The energy to power the electrolysis unit comes from the alternator and the power to the alternator comes from burning gasoline.

i didn't say anyone could create free energy. if you got the impression i said otherwise, that is projection on your part. i understand there are amps pulled, and i also understand the evidence that shows gains in torque and efficiency, along with reductions in the poisonous pollutions.

Most ECU controlled cars these days use o2 sensors to determine the proper amount of fuel to use. Some use a manifold pressure gage instead to make this determination...

The ideal ratio of air to fuel is 14.7:1, this is known as stoichiometric. A higher ratio present means the engine is running lean, with hotter combustion, and this can cause predetonation and other bad situations...

Too much fuel and it is known as running rich... This is less problematic as the extra fuel acts as a cooling agent in the cylinders, and for dual overhead cam engines that run at high compression and RPMs, you actaully want to add fuel at higher RPM levels as it adds a bigger safety cushion. Running rich generally means not all the fuel in the cylinders will be combusted and means worse emissions, and quicker deterioration of exhaust components, but your engine won;t be as likely to blow up as it would running lean.

So in summation, no, the sensors don't look for 'trash', although the two catalytic converters do a calculation to see the difference in 'trash' to make sure they are running optimally, but that is purely for emissions, not performance. The o2 sensors are calculating that air/fuel mix and making adjustments to make the ratio as close to 14.7:1 as it can.

ok dank. i get most all of that, but i want you take this further.

if you light hho vapors with a match, it explodes...violently. so, it is fuel. it likely also ignites more of the gasoline in the combustion event. both instances would lend to there being more heat. gasoline is also utilized as a cooling agent to avoid burning piston tops.

all that being known, if i'm adding a fuel which causes better efficiency of the combustion event, like having 1000 little spark plugs instead of 1, why doesn't the ecu adjust for the added fuel by cutting back the need for gasoline?

am i causing too much heat in the other sensors, are the map or maf sensors not seeing something right, or how am i altering the stoichiometry the o2 sensors want to see?

My friends 2003 Explorer is making a loud humming noise. When he steers the car to the left it gets worse and when he steers to the right it gets better.

Tell him to turn the radio up and avoid Nascar tracks.

ok dank. i get most all of that, but i want you take this further.

if you light hho vapors with a match, it explodes...violently. so, it is fuel. it likely also ignites more of the gasoline in the combustion event. both instances would lend to there being more heat. gasoline is also utilized as a cooling agent to avoid burning piston tops.

all that being known, if i'm adding a fuel which causes better efficiency of the combustion event, like having 1000 little spark plugs instead of 1, why doesn't the ecu adjust for the added fuel by cutting back the need for gasoline?

am i causing too much heat in the other sensors, are the map or maf sensors not seeing something right, or how am i altering the stoichiometry the o2 sensors want to see?

could be that it'd burn too hot, which can make engine operation dangerous... I'm not sure, i don't know how hho and gasoline work together or in what proportions...

If hho is a better and more efficient fuel than gasoline, why no just use it as the fuel instead? Is there some magic ratio that makes it more efficient with gasoline? maybe? or maybe it is a slightly inferior additive (think ethenol) that the tree hugging hippies want to pretend is a fossil fuel alternative (when in reality it is a net energy loser)

Like i said, im not sure.

I would say dumb move on your part if you were buying new, but the resale value on most Hondas is incredible :thumbsup:

What model do you usually get?

CR-V, I do get rust proofing though

:unsure:

Noise start around 30mph?

Bad wheel bearing. Most likely Right side.

CR-V, I do get rust proofing though

:unsure:

Quality vehicle :thumbsup:

Are Rhino Liners really worth the expense?

In my opinion, yes. :thumbsup:

I gotta laugh at the people that don't know to top off the blinker fluid... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I gots a problem. We have a 2007 Nissan Quest that is intermittently slow to start. The battery and alternator have been check and they are both good. With 85K and the first tune-up scheduled at 105K, the suggestion is a tune-up for better spark. Quote is $712.89, including injector service.

Do you think a tune-up is the way to go? Should I try new plugs alone? Please advise. :)

I gotta laugh at the people that don't know to top off the blinker fluid... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I gots a problem. We have a 2007 Nissan Quest that is intermittently slow to start. The battery and alternator have been check and they are both good. With 85K and the first tune-up scheduled at 105K, the suggestion is a tune-up for better spark. Quote is $712.89, including injector service.

Do you think a tune-up is the way to go? Should I try new plugs alone? Please advise. :)

get a quote just to swap plugs... Hell buy them yourself and just get a labor quote... Should be much cheaper....