Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

FFT Zealots Dynasty start-up draft

I wanted to bust on it team but I like it. Except the garcon pick

It is a bit of a reach but I really like the possibilities RG3 gives that offense. Lance moore is my garcon backup. I think moore will have a good year especially with ppr so if garcon doesnt take off im not too worried. I was pretty sure he wouldnt fall back to me so i had to take him there, kind of like a lot of picks i made.

The thing about the back to back picks is if a player isnt falling to you then youre reaching, or at least it feels that way.

It is a bit of a reach but I really like the possibilities RG3 gives that offense. Lance moore is my garcon backup. I think moore will have a good year especially with ppr so if garcon doesnt take off im not too worried. I was pretty sure he wouldnt fall back to me so i had to take him there, kind of like a lot of picks i made.

The thing about the back to back picks is if a player isnt falling to you then youre reaching, or at least it feels that way.

pretty much.

i will say i love thw value on Antonio Gates. with a 3 year release policy I think some people have put too much emphasis on youth. Sure, it leaves them the ability to trade but Gates is still a player who can help you win now and probably has 2-3 years left in the tank anyway.

i would have gone RB over Garcon. Tate, Best, Green all would have been better options given your roster, IMO. then again im just mot high on Garcon.

pretty much.

i will say i love thw value on Antonio Gates. with a 3 year release policy I think some people have put too much emphasis on youth. Sure, it leaves them the ability to trade but Gates is still a player who can help you win now and probably has 2-3 years left in the tank anyway.

i would have gone RB over Garcon. Tate, Best, Green all would have been better options given your roster, IMO. then again im just mot high on Garcon.

Were you aware our scoring system was .15 pts per yard for TE while it was .1 for WR and RB? Shh, don't tell anyone.

Were you aware our scoring system was .15 pts per yard for TE while it was .1 for WR and RB? Shh, don't tell anyone.

yes i already knew that.

Yes and I was not amused to see Graham and Gates go a few picks ahead of my pick. Good moves Nuts.

Feel free to send the Maniacs some love, hate, respect or authority. Really got thrown a curveball having AROD fall to 9. Not a QB early guy at all.

Feel free to send the Maniacs some love, hate, respect or authority. Really got thrown a curveball having AROD fall to 9. Not a QB early guy at all.

no qualms with taking arod. much different draft than i expected from you. Thought you were going TE heavy.

looking at your roster, You have 2 decent RB's, 3-4 good WR's, the best QB and a low end starting TE. Not bad at all.

Going round by round i would have made some different choices myself but what do i know.

round 2 - i like Lynch over Forte TBH. or going with Julio there. might have even considered Sproles who will be money for brees for the next 3-4 years.

everything else looks really good especially round 4 and 5. Harvin and especially Bowe were steals.

i would have drafted Gates over Stevie. You were able to land a fine WR3 anyway.

dont like the Jahvid Best pick all that much. honestly would have gone Shonn Greene if anything and ive never been on his bandwagon.

Appreciate the critique wonder. I agree with most of your analysis. Especially waiting on WR 3-although I'm happy to have depth here in a PPR and might end up with some trade bait if Llyod hits, considering some other RBs against Best and looking for Sproles. I would have taken him over Bradshaw if he had been there. I forget the round but Gates went just a few picks ahead of me. I love that pick for Frozen.

With that said I'll give early props to Ralphster. His draft very much mirrors my redraft strategy for this year. Love Matthews, Sproles, Ryan and possibly Pettigrew.

More picks and analysis to follow.

P.S. I have to say, this being my first dynasty/keeper league ever, that I have NEVER felt more prepared to dominate my 3 main redraft leagues in August. This ###### will help keep you up to date with what's going on. Even if I fail big time in the league, which I don't expect, I consider this a win.

Appreciate the critique wonder. I agree with most of your analysis. Especially waiting on WR 3-although I'm happy to have depth here in a PPR and might end up with some trade bait if Llyod hits, considering some other RBs against Best and looking for Sproles. I would have taken him over Bradshaw if he had been there. I forget the round but Gates went just a few picks ahead of me. I love that pick for Frozen.

With that said I'll give early props to Ralphster. His draft very much mirrors my redraft strategy for this year. Love Matthews, Sproles, Ryan and possibly Pettigrew.

More picks and analysis to follow.

P.S. I have to say, this being my first dynasty/keeper league ever, that I have NEVER felt more prepared to dominate my 3 main redraft leagues in August. This ###### will help keep you up to date with what's going on. Even if I fail big time in the league, which I don't expect, I consider this a win.

I agree. My buddies in my redraft leagues have never been in dynasty. I think they are a little surprised at how up to date I am with the NFL. I have been getting better and more accurare every year I play so hopefully this is what gives me that edge this year. My big money league is the one damn league I cant get to the championship. Its a 10 team but only 4 make the playoffs. Made the playoffs 2 years in a row with the hottest team and then it fell apart.

getting close to done boys!

then the rest of you fockers can tell us all how bad we did!

It may finish by next week. Happy fourth!

I think I am not able to make my 24.02 pick due to roster size concerns.. anyone want to offer me somthing for it?? I'll take any rookie pick

I think I am not able to make my 24.02 pick due to roster size concerns.. anyone want to offer me somthing for it?? I'll take any rookie pick

I think Cory is going to be short a player from all the trading he did.

getting close to done boys!

then the rest of you fockers can tell us all how bad we did!

I dont have to wait until we're done to know how bad Beer Nuts did.

:headbanger:

I would talk some shat but we both know your team isn't competing this year so there is no point. I will let my team do the talking.

Suggestion for emoticon: teabag. It would be fitting to have a teabag icon laid on top of cory's team. Maybe it works, let's give it a go.

:teabag:

Cory

Suggestion for emoticon: teabag. It would be fitting to have a teabag icon laid on top of cory's team. Maybe it works, let's give it a go.

:teabag:

Cory

trash talk! I love it... :doublethumbsup:

<------ I also would like to direct you attention to my new and improved avatar.. looks like 420 is primed and ready to salsa my way into the championship baby :banana: :banana:

Maniacs just drafted a third D. Let the hate fly. :pointstosky:

very strange Mueller :dunno:

so out of 24 players u have 3 def and 4 going on taxi... better hope u dont get hit with too many injurys :ninja:

very strange Mueller :dunno:

so out of 24 players u have 3 def and 4 going on taxi... better hope u dont get hit with too many injurys :ninja:

Well see what I do with them. Maybe I'll trade one, do people do that? with defense?, but honestly with ARod I'm ok carrying only 2 qbs and barring injury I like my 5 WRs enough that I'm not too concerned with flyers there. Especially given 2 guys I really like on my taxi in Broyles and Toon.

Of course I'll make a move if I see someone with value but I have no problem cutting Snelling or my third TE for those flyers. Or I can drop a D. Or two. :)

Seriously though the Jets were a top 8 defense last year. I know the per game avg between them over the course of the year doesn't amount too much but who am I taking in the 23 round that is making such a huge difference. If anything I should have waited on my first and second. Grabbing a 3rd, at that point in the draft, doesn't bother me.

I don't anticipate myself necessarily holding all 3 but I've done some homework and will be posting about the possible match ups and scoring output I could expect if I did.

Well see what I do with them. Maybe I'll trade one, do people do that? with defense?, but honestly with ARod I'm ok carrying only 2 qbs and barring injury I like my 5 WRs enough that I'm not too concerned with flyers there. Especially given 2 guys I really like on my taxi in Broyles and Toon.

Of course I'll make a move if I see someone with value but I have no problem cutting Snelling or my third TE for those flyers. Or I can drop a D. Or two. :)

Seriously though the Jets were a top 8 defense last year. I know the per game avg between them over the course of the year doesn't amount too much but who am I taking in the 23 round that is making such a huge difference. If anything I should have waited on my first and second. Grabbing a 3rd, at that point in the draft, doesn't bother me.

I don't anticipate myself necessarily holding all 3 but I've done some homework and will be posting about the possible match ups and scoring output I could expect if I did.

There are a few guys I would love to have an extra roster spot for, but if you don't see value in anyone else then its prob best to stack up another D.

I would talk some shat but we both know your team isn't competing this year so there is no point. I will let my team do the talking.

Locked for this year, and loaded for next year.

I predict a winning record and a playoff spot.

I would predict perfection, but Im gonna take an ass whoopin in week 5.

Please note that I screwed up - there is a limit of 2 Defenses that I forgot to install - Draft is frozen until a correction is made. Matt - contact me.

Doug

Locked for this year, and loaded for next year.

I predict a winning record and a playoff spot.

I would predict perfection, but Im gonna take an ass whoopin in week 5.

Same here in week 10 when the first 3 wr I drafted are on bye along with another bench wr.

Please note that I screwed up - there is a limit of 2 Defenses that I forgot to install - Draft is frozen until a correction is made. Matt - contact me.

Doug

good call Doug :cheers:

COMPLETED FFT DRAFT

FINAL ROSTERS AFTER DRAFT

The Taxi squads obviously stand to change but are set-up now to feature 3 rookies and one 2nd year player..

would love to hear some feedback boys!

I am very interested to hear feedback on my team. Remember we can start a TE in our flex and TE receive .15 pt/yd as opposed to rb and wr who receive .1 pt/yd. All I expect out of my rbs for my team to succeed is about 10-12 pts/game in this ppr format.

Time to rip us!!

Here's the Mullmaniacs expected week 1 lineup:

Qb: Arod

RB: Forte

RB: Bradshaw

Flex: Best

WR: Harvin

WR: Bowe

WR: Stevie

TE: Keller

D: Miami @ Houston

K: Bironas

P.S. Looking back on the draft there a def a few picks that I prob should have made that I didn't, specifically D. Wilson over B. Lloyd-went a little too redraft minded with that pick and I knew Wilson was gonna go soon but if I'm trying to win now Llyod likely makes a better flex and should be a great wr 4 for the year with possible WR 2 potential.- and possibly considering Gates over Stevie, but overall I'm pretty happy with my first ever dynasty/keeper draft, especially if my rbs can hold up and Keller can do half of what Krueger projects him to. :)

I will say that every mock I did didn't have Rodgers falling to 9, and I'm not a qb early guy typically, so I was caught a bit off guard but I think I did ok.

420 Allstars projected week one line-up

Cam Newton

Trent Richardson

Jonathan Stewart

Mark Ingram

Victor Cruz

Kenny Britt

Vincent Jackson

Jermichael Finley

Mason Crosby

Chicago Bears (vs Colts)

I'd love any/all feedback on my team:

QBs: Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBS: Ryan Mathews, Sproles, F Jax, K Smith, D Carter, D Thomas, M Tolbert

WRs: AJ Green, S Smith, R Wayne, G Little, M Williams (tb)

TEs: Pettigrew, Celek

K: Bailey (Dallas)

DEF: Packers

Ralph without looking over the rosters too closely, you might be my favorite team of the draft. Great rbs and good wrs. Excellent value and upside on Ryan and Pettigrew/Celek. I want my redraft teams to resemble it.

'D.J. Ware - RB - Giants

ESPN New York believes D.J. Ware has the edge on rookie David Wilson to open the season as Ahmad Bradshaw's backup.

It's too early to predict with any level of certainty until training camp practices begin. Ware already has the coaching staff's trust on third downs, but Wilson offers far more talent in the change-of-pace role. Ware and Brandon Jacobs each played roughly 25 percent of the snaps last year compared to Bradshaw at just under 50 percent. It's fair to suggest Ware and Wilson will split half the snaps in 2012.

Related: David Wilson'

That makes me feel a bit better about passing and missing on Wilson but I'm sure I'll regret it soon enough. Who knows though. Most experts really liked D. Thomas, Ingram and Ryan Williams last year. Sometimes rookies don't pan out quite like we expect. While Wilson is the best talent in the backfield he will certainly have to prove his ball security, pass protection and learn to not overly trust his athleticism by always looking for the big play. We know Coughlin has one of the shortest leashes in the league.

I'll go ahead and post my own analysis here. After the draft has completed I like to take a look at all the teams and see what the overall product is and then how many points they are likely to score based on my own projections.

Now I know my own projections are a bit biased, I am obviously going to like my guys a bit more, so I went ahead and used a spreadsheet where I plugged in FFToday's projection to our rosters and came up with a breakdown of how many points the starters and the whole team would score (over 16 weeks) based on that. I was very surprised to find that FFToday's numbers had my team scoring my than I did. I'll go ahead and post that here. This is also something any of you can check as well. I used the 6/21 projections, since 7/5 was not updated when I made the ss, but I will likely update it with those and see if there are any changes.

I'll rank the teams by overall points scored and put starters in parenthesis ()

UNCDave - 4541 (2427)

Mullmaniacs - 4092 (2336)

Ralphster - 4065 (2253)

Evil Genius - 3869 (1959)

Patmos - 3636 (2127)

420 Allstars - 3555 (2141)

Voice of Truth - 3547 (2098)

Matt's Eagles 3456 - (2057)

Bonkbonk - 3452 (1931)

FrozenBeerNuts - 3302 (1940)

CoryJagFan - 3252 (2140)

Crowes - 3236 (2085)

I'm not saying this necessarily means anything, but it is something I like to do, because then I can try and place a points per week value on each of my opponent's and have an idea of what I need my guys to do to come away with a w. Once again this is based on FFToday's projections, not my own, I selfishly trust my own a little better, using my own gave me the same 1st and 12th place team but no other spot the same, for what that is worth.

I'll go ahead and post my own analysis here. After the draft has completed I like to take a look at all the teams and see what the overall product is and then how many points they are likely to score based on my own projections.

Now I know my own projections are a bit biased, I am obviously going to like my guys a bit more, so I went ahead and used a spreadsheet where I plugged in FFToday's projection to our rosters and came up with a breakdown of how many points the starters and the whole team would score (over 16 weeks) based on that. I was very surprised to find that FFToday's numbers had my team scoring my than I did. I'll go ahead and post that here. This is also something any of you can check as well. I used the 6/21 projections, since 7/5 was not updated when I made the ss, but I will likely update it with those and see if there are any changes.

I'll rank the teams by overall points scored and put starters in parenthesis ()

UNCDave - 4541 (2427)

Mullmaniacs - 4092 (2336)

Ralphster - 4065 (2253)

Evil Genius - 3869 (1959)

Patmos - 3636 (2127)

420 Allstars - 3555 (2141)

Voice of Truth - 3547 (2098)

Matt's Eagles 3456 - (2057)

Bonkbonk - 3452 (1931)

FrozenBeerNuts - 3302 (1940)

CoryJagFan - 3252 (2140)

Crowes - 3236 (2085)

I'm not saying this necessarily means anything, but it is something I like to do, because then I can try and place a points per week value on each of my opponent's and have an idea of what I need my guys to do to come away with a w. Once again this is based on FFToday's projections, not my own, I selfishly trust my own a little better, using my own gave me the same 1st and 12th place team but no other spot the same, for what that is worth.

well, Im missing a few players from my team, so overall points are no good. but the starter points have me 4-6 somewhere. Like I said, I'll be making the playoffs

well, Im missing a few players from my team, so overall points are no good. but the starter points have me 4-6 somewhere. Like I said, I'll be making the playoffs

I understand that Cory and this is also including the Taxi Squad points for now, something that is easy to tweak right before the season starts, so I plan to post updates on his closer to then.

On a serious note though FFtoday is super high on two of my players. They have Keller going off and Harvin basically repeating last year's second half for an entire year.

While I think both are possible, especially Harvin, Keller number's should be knocked down.

All in all, I think my week 1 roster can compete.

An elite qb, consistent wrs, and running backs that should catch a ton of balls. If Best can stay on the field or Llyod hits I could be dangerous.

My starting lineup

Cutler

Doug Martin

D Murray

Beanie Wells

Calvin Johnson

Colston

Heyward-Bey

Aaron Hernandez

Janikowski

Lions D

Bench:

Cassel

Shaun Hill

Weeden

Lamar Miller

Lamicheal James

Robert Turbin

Doug Baldwin

Ty Hilton

Ed Dickson

David Paulsen

My draft strategy:

Was to load up on young talent. While I may only get to keep them for 3 years (5 with taxi help), I wont need to replace anyone within the next year or two. Also, was able to pickup extra draft picks (3 first rounders, 4 second rounders, 2 third rounders). While people may not think much of them now, I find that as the draft gets closer, people become fanatical for draft picks. Or as teams start out of the gate2-9, they start looking to next year and aquiring extra picks. This could help me as I get the late season push for the playoffs.

I have alot of high risk/ high reward with my starters. I purposely did not draft a bunch of bench players, as I tend to outsmart myself sunday mornings right before kickoff. I wanted strong starters and capable backups. I play as if all my starters stay healthy all year long.

Favorite pick:

Calvin Johnson- huge lions fan. in past years drafting a lions player was the only reason you would watch a lions game. Not anymore. With the pingpong offense they have, its not impossible for Megatron to average 100yds a game this year.

Sniped pick:

cant believe Brees fell to 2.07. I was trying so hard to trade up, but it just didnt happen.

I misread an email notification. I thought Malcolm Floyd got drafted but it was Micheal Floyd. I didnt notice the mix up until a few rounds later, and Floyd was taken right before my pick.

Final plan:

Im happy to have Calvin Johnson and a ton of picks next year. But I found that drafting in the front of the draft was a pain, as I had to watch players fall closer to me, but still get nabbed out of my reach. I think I would of much preferred a middle of the pack pick.

Some brief thoughts:

My initial startup draft went much differently then expected when Rodgers fell to me at 9. I was looking at more of the CJ, Matthews, Graham crowd. I could have gone Gronk but don't quite trust a repeat with the mouths to feed and felt Rodgers presented the best value, event though it's 4 points per TD pass, and I'm not a QB early guy. Thought of McFadden too but how many starts would I get from him over 3 years? AROD was the choice. Then decided to get some rbs because they drop off a cliff. I think Bradshaw in the 3rd was a slight reach but not so much in a 3 year contract. Also considered grabbing Wilson instead of Best...but I know Best can be an RB 1 if healthy. Wilson, I like, but he has yet to prove anything. I grabbed a bunch of mid round value WRs and really settled for some borderline TE 1 starters. In hindsight grabbing Gates instead of Stevie J might have been the move but I do love the consistency that my top 3 wrs, and overall wr core, should bring.

Favorite pick: Percy Harvin @ 4.04 I was able to grab a QB, 2 rbs and nab #1 WR in the league from weeks 10-17 last year.

Sniped pick: Gates got taken at 7:06. I nabbed Best at 7:09.

End strategy: My strategy adjusted on the fly b/c honestly in the tons of mocks I did, Ralphster will account to seeing me on FFC, I never took a QB in round one. I was happy to land Forte as what I considered the last of the 'safer' lower tier PPR RB 1s. I was eyeing Sproles/Bradshaw in round 3 and settled for the later. Once I had Harvin, I started to grab highly targeted wrs that were likely to be the main target for their team and guys that had been there before. Often you can be outsmarting yourself week to week guessing and chasing points at WR but with Harvin, Bowe and Stevie I have 3 guys that should be target monsters. All are the 'main' WR on teams that could be down late in games and still throwing.

Bowe was #6 last year with 142 targets

Stevie was #9 with 134

Harvin ranked #17 with 120 but over the last 5 weeks of the season was #4 on the target list behind only Roddy, Welker and Fitz, without counting his rushing totals. Harvin is a boom/bust pick b/c I'm not sure anyone knows what to expect from Minn or AP this year. I just hope they keep him involved.

I settled for Keller and was happy he was still there for me. However, I'm a bit higher on him than most. He was the leading receiver for the Jets last year and was targeted 7th most among TEs. He had 20 more targets than both Vernon Davis and Finely. Holmes is a malcontent, Hill is a rookie. Look what Sparano did with Fasano. Keller has flashed elite numbers for a few weeks every season only to have the Jets go away from him.

If he can be the receiver he was for the first 3 games and final 3 games of last season, 16-249-2 and 18-195-1 respectively, I might be ok there.

Taxi Candidates: 5 I like that each is on a possible playoff bound team. Broncos, Lions, Saints, Giants, Eagles.

QB-Osweiler. 6-6 qb that Elway believes can be the guy. Let him marinate behind Peyton for a year and revaluate. From watching his film I see some of the height and arm strength of Stafford, he can already make all the NFL throws, the tough to bring down in the pocketness of Big Ben and the running ability of Alex Smith. He also has some doucheyness to him but I kind of think Rivers does too and it's worked for him. Def a project.

WR-Broyles-All time leading college receiver at a big time school. Actually traded up in the draft hoping to land Randle or this guy. Happy I did and got him. Could be a perfect fit in the slot with Calvin and Titus lined up outside. Would have been drafted higher if a knee injury hadn't cut his senior season short. He plays quick, gets separation easily and just always seems to be in the right place. Welker comparisons get tossed around to every white dude but he's deserving.

WR-Toon- Son of Al Toon so the pedigree is there. Not overly fast but plays big and physical. Actually reminds me of Colston, a 7th round pick, a lot and he could be the long term replacement there. With Meachem gone he might make the most immediate impact of my guys.

TE- A. Robinson-Project pick by the Giants. Very boom or bust. At best I think he could be Finley. At worst not much at all. Big time project but the Giants have one of the best GM's imo and have shown that they can develop talent. They call him the 'JPP" of TEs.

WR- M. McNutt- I believe he set the single season record at Iowa last year for receiving or tds. Again like Toon he didn't flash at the combine but he plays game fast. Great hands. Could emerge as Eagles WR 3 and would be the best redzone target on a smallish wr corps. Upside capped a bit by the wealth of talent on the team.