Sign in to follow this  
Rabbitbrew

All in - Bradford

I'm considering going all in Sam Bradford in my drafts and loading up at RB and WR.

Previous rookie of the year who essentially played injured last year.

Your thoughts?

I'm considering going all in Sam Bradford in my drafts and loading up at RB and WR.

Your thoughts?

Why not take a qb with less risk a little bit earlier like Ryan, Romo, Eli, rivers? He is my backup and though I do like his potential I would be very concerned if I had to rely non him this year. His o line is still substandard and may get him killed. Plus his wr talent is very inexperienced. If he gets beat up a lot more we could see a David Carr effect with Bradford. I would give him another year before going all in.

Your thoughts?

I'm considering joining your league. Are there more owners like you?

just give your money to your wife/girifrirbd instead. This plan of yours is like basically throwing away money.

Why not take a qb with less risk a little bit earlier like Ryan, Romo, Eli, rivers? He is my backup and though I do like his potential I would be very concerned if I had to rely non him this year. His o line is still substandard and may get him killed. Plus his wr talent is very inexperienced. If he gets beat up a lot more we could see a David Carr effect with Bradford. I would give him another year before going all in.

x2 New coach/another new O coordinator and the O line still sux. Bradford has the talent, but there is no established "go to" guy for him. Amendola is back, but he is not a dynamic play maker. His WR's are young and need time to mature. Reports are that Bradford's ankle is still bothering him too. No way I'd go all in on him as my #1. If I am taking a QB late in the draft, and a Ryan, Romo, or Eli is not available, then give me a guy with upside like Palmer and all that Raider WR talent or Freeman and his bounce back potential with some new weapons around him.

Bradfords career has been ruined. Brian Schottenheimer is the O coordinator.

How the hell does that guy continue to get work?

How the hell does that guy continue to get work?

his last name.

going all in on bradford? 30 team league maybe. to make a bold statement like that you should at least give us some insight as to why, besides roy...

last i heard he was not fully healed from his injury that happened almost 9 months ago. not a good sign. his oline is still crap and he seems like he is hurried most the time.

rotoworld 7/14/2012:

Sam Bradford admits he still feels residual pain in his left ankle, but expects to be fine for training camp.

"I would say there's still days where it's not 100 percent, but I really haven't had any major setbacks," Bradford said. "It seems to be getting better every week. I'm hoping by the time training camp gets here that it'll really be a non-factor." It's alarming Bradford's injury has lingered this long, but it's not something that's going to hold him out of preseason games. Coming off a 2011 where he regressed, Bradford is Rotoworld's No. 23 quarterback.

It's your fantasy football funeral if you do. Check out his health history, yards per attempt, completion percentage, the Rams offense, receivers, and his QB rating.

i, for a period of time before the draft, had this mindset last year. ultimately i did NOT pull the trigger (thank goodness). my point is: i hear you, i feel he has that kind of potential as well. i would NOT plan on him as my #1 though. if you really like him, platoon him with someone else so you have 2 shots at an under the radar qb blowing up. something like taking a qb at both pick 8 and 10 or something

What's the point? His ADP is in the 14th round.

QB's like Eli/Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Matt Ryan can be had in the 5th-7th rounds. Comparatively, the RB's that you'd be passing on to select one of those QB1's are guys like BJGE, Willis McGahee, and Roy Helu. Respective receivers are guys like Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt, and Reggie Wayne. The point is, the difference between settling for Sam Bradford as your QB1 instead of drafting Peyton Manning is like adding one of the above guys ^^^ to your roster, those guys are easily replaceable.

Heck, even if you wait a little longer to draft a QB, you can get much better options in the 8th-10th rounds: Roethlisberger, Cutler, Schaub. The respective RB's & WR's in those rounds are guys like Michael Bush, Mikel Leshore, Sidney Rice and Santonio Holmes.

When you look at it with a bigger picture, which of these 3 combo's would you rather?

-Peyton Manning (Round 6), Jonathan Stewart(Round 8), and Jonathan Baldwin (Round 14)

-Ben Roethlisberger (Round 8), Beanie Wells (Round 6), and Jonathan Baldwin (14)

-Sam Bradford (14), Beanie Wells (6), and Malcom Floyd (8).

Long story short, there's so much depth at QB in the middle rounds (6-10), that there's no need to wait another 5-8 rounds for Bradford. I understand passing up on the top5 QB's in the fist 2 rounds because you're giving up a stud RB or WR that you can build a team around. But those RB's and WR's in the 5th-10th round you're passing up? They are a dime-a-dozen.

Even when he reaches his potential I don't see the guy as a game changer. He'll be a good to very good 3,000+ yard around 20 TD's a year QB with limited INT's.

I don't think he's ready to reach his potential yet this year.