Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Jonathan Stewart

the most frustrating player in fantasy football. Oozes potential but doesn't get ANY touches. This kid should be a bellcow, 5'10'' 235 lbs. he'll be 25, low mileage, and in a contract year. Will they trade DeAngelo Williams or will Stewart walk after the season? The panthers can't really keep both of them right...? WTF if this guy gets 15-20 touches per game can you imagine...? I'm rolling the dice this is his year.. but i could be sealing my fate if they keep both backs PLUS tolbert all season :wall:

Decent RB3...but I'd be scared poopless if I had to count on him as an RB2

He's average almost 15 touches a game for the last 3 years... :doh:

Last year he average 11.81 touches per game. He is an absolute steal at his ADP and if anything happens to Deangelo, he's a top 10 back!

Once they signed DeAngelo to that huge contract, you should have unloaded him that same week (if you were able)

The fact that they made a huge cash committment (5 year 43 Mil) to him should tell you a lot about what the team thinks of DeAngelo.

he is done one of those years, and will be 2 years into that contract at the age of 30.

That being said, if you are in a keeper/dynasty league, it may be time to buy. if Stewart isnt the starter by the end of next year, some team will offer him that opportunity when his contract is up.

so the pressure is on Carolina and I suspect they will need to go with the youth movement within the next year if they are smart.

The RB situation in Carolina is a cluster fock from a fantasy perspective this year. To add Tolbert to an already full-fledge RBBC with DWill and Stewart is a situation I want no parts of.

Drafting one and hoping he somehow emerges as the lead dog would be a frustrating way to go through a fantasy season, epecially if that player is one you're counting on.

The RB situation in Carolina is a cluster fock from a fantasy perspective this year. To add Tolbert to an already full-fledge RBBC with DWill and Stewart is a situation I want no parts of.

Drafting one and hoping he somehow emerges as the lead dog would be a frustrating way to go through a fantasy season, epecially if that player is one you're counting on.

I believe Stewart's ADP is the 8th round right now. That's not a player you're counting on to do much more than fill bye weeks. Why not add an upside guy like Stewart? Name someone you add at that point of the draft who is a much better option than Stewart.

I believe Stewart's ADP is the 8th round right now. That's not a player you're counting on to do much more than fill bye weeks. Why not add an upside guy like Stewart? Name someone you add at that point of the draft who is a much better option than Stewart.

The last few years I would not have drafted a Carolina RB, this year at a good value I would take a swing at stewart. The running game took a hit in consistnecy last year switching over from Fox Lead FB power running game to more of a single back running style. Holes were closing up on them quick last year.

I think this off season they will make a commitment to improve the running game, and we will see how Tolbert does opening holes in the running game. If he performs well I can see Stewart having a great year. I think he will get most of the touches as Williams is slowing down and will be more of the change in pace back this year...

I know he has been a nightmare for owners, but I think he will be a decent RB2 this year. Too many other short yard runners on that team for him to rack up TD numbers though which will be his biggest hold back from a fantasy perspective.

Fantasy football is as much about opportunity as it is about talent. Stewart now has to compete with two other RBs, as well as a QB that scored three more rushing TDs than Stewart and Williams COMBINED in 2011. Stewart would be a monster if he had the duties to himself, but his opportunities will be limited this season.

Who would I rather have other than Stewart at the part (8th round) of the draft? I'm not sure if these players are "much better" options as you indicated, but quite frankly I'd be happier with the likes of McGahee, BJGE, Spiller or even Issac Redman on my squad. These players may be less talented than Stewart, but they'll get a chance to tote the rock in scoring situations.

Fantasy football is as much about opportunity as it is about talent. Stewart now has to compete with two other RBs, as well as a QB that scored three more rushing TDs than Stewart and Williams COMBINED in 2011. Stewart would be a monster if he had the duties to himself, but his opportunities will be limited this season.

Who would I rather have other than Stewart at the part (8th round) of the draft? I'm not sure if these players are "much better" options as you indicated, but quite frankly I'd be happier with the likes of McGahee, BJGE, Spiller or even Issac Redman on my squad. These players may be less talented than Stewart, but they'll get a chance to tote the rock in scoring situations.

See I guess it all goes to how you think situations will play out. Tolbert was brought in to play a FB role, so I only see him taking away a few carries maybe in a few short yardage situations. And my opinion is D Will will be used as a change of pace back and kept fresh, so I see Stewart getting a lot of opportunties this year.

Panthers' running backs had 313 carries last year. Let's look at how the carries might be split this year:

DeAngelo: 130 carries

Stewart: 130 carries

Tolbert: 40 carries

Other backs: 13 carries

Now how is Stewart going to do a lot with only 130 carries? Granted he will get 40 catches or so out of the backfield, but still, that is only 170 total touches over the year.

Stewart's only chance to really shine is (as usual) an injury to DeAngelo Williams...and maybe even an injury to or ineffectiveness by Mike Tolbert.

Lets see......

D.Will has a few years left in his contract...he is healthy and very fast with a good FB (Tolbert) in front of him this year!

(If I were coach) I say run him into the ground this year.

If he gets hurt, we have another great RB behind him we can franchise next year for less $$$.

If we screw it all up....we just signed Tolbert for next year to be RB....

DeAngelo Williams 216 995 8 24 214 0

Jonathan Stewart 144 635 5 38 310 1

Mike Tolbert 19 84 2 28 185 0