Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Do You Give Up On Players If They Have Screwed You In The Past?

....miss on RB's every year. Last year I drafted Charles and Mc Fadden. Anyone who drafted them knows how they turned out for you. Huge dissapointments to say the least My gut tells me to swear them off and I always do so. I have them on my DND list this year and am wondering if any of you do the same. I've drafted Westbrook, Barber, McCalister, Williams, Turner, LT and a few others only to watch them blow up the following year while I sit back and cringe at their success the following year. My question is: when, if ever, do you give a player a second chance on your team? And if you do, what makes you draft them even though they have fawked you in the past? I know ADP plays a significant part and where they fall in any given draft. But I don't want either because of the past. You?

I would love to go Charles/Mc Fadden in the first and second round. But I can't see myself taking either because of their past history with me. Am i doing so at my own expense? Not many RB"s to go around this year and many of them are top tiered.

Thoughts?.

If a player's screwed me in the past, I'll give them a second chance AFTER they've reproven themselves.

Finley was a pain in my ass last year. I'm not touching him this year, but if he has a good year, I'll consider him in 2013.

But: <insert ADP/steal words>

You can make a case that Charles was isolated. Run DMC has been injured every year. No reason that this year he sneezes and misses 8 games. I would roll the dice with Charles, but McFadden ... beware.

For the most part yes I'll give up on them. One player I have stuck with through the bumps and bruises is AJ. I had DMC in a redraft league last year...I might consider him again this year {I did have M Bush though}

Last year my first 2 RBs were Mendy and Blount. I will never touch either. Of Course this isn't really an issue this season. Usually I take it on a case by case issue. If I draft McFadden this year (doubtful) I already know I'm taking a risk.

I kept trusting Freddy Taylor for years, and every single year I swore that Jimmy Smith would finally start catching TD's too <_<

If a player's screwed me in the past, I'll give them a second chance AFTER they've reproven themselves.

Finley was a pain in my ass last year. I'm not touching him this year, but if he has a good year, I'll consider him in 2013.

But: <insert ADP/steal words>

lol - I'm the same way - I'll avoid taking anyone who's underperformed in previous years right until they fall to me in the 4th.

Been burned by Mcfadden two years running, first as a draft pick then as my keeper. I don't know that I wouldn't draft him, but it will have to be at a good value.