Sign in to follow this  
Derrick

Drafted with some of the dumbest people....

I almost feel bad for this draft...some of these guys picked purely on guys they like or their teams.....free money for me!!

10 team ppr

QB: Vick, Cutler

RB: Rice, McFadden, Murray, Hillis, Spiller, Jacquizz

WR: Wes Welker, Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith, Eric Decker, Danny Amendola

TE: Jared Cook

Def: Seattle

IDP: D' Quell Jackson

I got a call yesterday saying they needed a 10th guy. Thank god I answered. Anyone else have any other great teams they lucked into??

oof. this team needs some work

My lucked into and your lucked into are in different universes. Your WR3 is my WR1, good lord. Your... Never mind, you make me sick and I actually hate you.

My lucked into and your lucked into are in different universes. Your WR3 is my WR1, good lord. Your... Never mind, you make me sick and I actually hate you.

Well I'd rather a more competitive league, but I can't turn down when I'm asked to be in a league. And it's not like I'm goint to not draft who's available..

Well I'd rather a more competitive league, but I can't turn down when I'm asked to be in a league. And it's not like I'm goint to not draft who's available..

Oh I agree, but it is not like I can't still hate you because of it...

Oh I agree, but it is not like I can't still hate you because of it...

Haha fair enough....once I hear Romo go in the 2nd round I knew I was cleaning up

Haha fair enough....once I hear Romo go in the 2nd round I knew I was cleaning up

Lol, yeah, wow. Last year we had a guy draft Sanchez in the 1st round... Then this year had a girl draft Mendenhall in the 1st round... Typically though, most people, at least the leagues I'm in, know what they are doing. You always have some head scratchers. You must have been smiling on every single pick. How much was the league?

Lol, yeah, wow. Last year we had a guy draft Sanchez in the 1st round... Then this year had a girl draft Mendenhall in the 1st round... Typically though, most people, at least the leagues I'm in, know what they are doing. You always have some head scratchers. You must have web smiling on every single pick. How much was the league?

$50 it was a live draft so it was hard for me not to die laughing when they were saying their picks. They were all using ESPN rankings too which are shitty.

That team is ok Heres a 10 team .5 PPR I had

QB-Romo/Rivers

RB-Foster/Tate

RB-McFadden/Bradshaw

WR-Dez Bryant/M Wallace

WR-P Harvin/K Britt

Flex-J Charles

TE-Fred Davis

I think this one would have you beat though it was drafted a few weeks back before Mcfaddens stock started to rise and there was still no end in sight for Wallaces holdout so he fell pretty far

That team is ok Heres a 10 team .5 PPR I had

QB-Romo/Rivers

RB-Foster/Tate

RB-McFadden/Bradshaw

WR-Dez Bryant/M Wallace

WR-P Harvin/K Britt

Flex-J Charles

TE-Fred Davis

I think this one would have you beat though it was drafted a few weeks back before Mcfaddens stock started to rise and there was still no end in sight for Wallaces holdout so he fell pretty far

Ya, I like that team. I think Harvin is gonna dominate. Really wanted to get him.

Lol, yeah, wow. Last year we had a guy draft Sanchez in the 1st round... Then this year had a girl draft Mendenhall in the 1st round... Typically though, most people, at least the leagues I'm in, know what they are doing. You always have some head scratchers. You must have been smiling on every single pick. How much was the league?

Someone must have jacked her around with some stupid advice. What ranking would have mendenhall anywhere near the top 30 rb?

Need to stop patting yourself on the back man for a 10 team fantasy draft that roster is barely above average.

I also joined a 10 teamer where my friend asked me late to fill a spot. My team is pretty nasty, though nothing is as ridiculous as the original poster...this league has stupid rules: it's high performance, with a bunch of bonuses for big plays/big games...also, the roster size/split is preset, like you start 2 rb's but can only have 3 rb's on your roster...like i said, stupid rules. It's also pretty weighted toward the QB, which I thought would screw me since I got the 10 spot and 3 of the first 4 picks were Rodgers/Brees/Brady...anyway, here's my squad:

QB:Stafford, Flacco

RB:Charles, Fred Jax, D Martin

WR:Megatron, S Smith, Torrey Smith, DHB, Blackmon

TE: J Graham, Daniels

IDP (only play one, any position): JPP, Bowman

Special teams: Chicago

Defense: New England

Of the 10 owners, two were fantasy rookies and two guys drafted teams with their wives. Walked away feeling kinda dirty...then I came home on Saturday after the draft and saw Stafford get dinged up...if I miss the playoffs in this league, it'll be pretty funny.

Need to stop patting yourself on the back man for a 10 team fantasy draft that roster is barely above average.

Team is way more than above average but thanks for the response man you're the coolest.

I also joined a 10 teamer where my friend asked me late to fill a spot. My team is pretty nasty, though nothing is as ridiculous as the original poster...this league has stupid rules: it's high performance, with a bunch of bonuses for big plays/big games...also, the roster size/split is preset, like you start 2 rb's but can only have 3 rb's on your roster...like i said, stupid rules. It's also pretty weighted toward the QB, which I thought would screw me since I got the 10 spot and 3 of the first 4 picks were Rodgers/Brees/Brady...anyway, here's my squad:

QB:Stafford, Flacco

RB:Charles, Fred Jax, D Martin

WR:Megatron, S Smith, Torrey Smith, DHB, Blackmon

TE: J Graham, Daniels

IDP (only play one, any position): JPP, Bowman

Special teams: Chicago

Defense: New England

Of the 10 owners, two were fantasy rookies and two guys drafted teams with their wives. Walked away feeling kinda dirty...then I came home on Saturday after the draft and saw Stafford get dinged up...if I miss the playoffs in this league, it'll be pretty funny.

Stafford, Megatron, and Graham....nice

this thread inadvertantely brings up a good point about fantasy football:

- even if you could pick 1st in every round, get the player of your choosing, it's no guarantee that you'll win. Sure, you have a playoff team, but there's a lot of luck needed to go along with injuries/acquisitions/etc that determines the outcome.

I too play in one very NON-competetive family league... and my team is stacked every year to the point that I feel bad for the aunts/uncles/cousins/etc that just don't know as much about this stuff... but it's no guarantee that I'll win the whole thing.

Will I have one of the highest scoring teams? yup.

Will I make the playoffs? yup.

Win it all easily? not so much.

this thread inadvertantely brings up a good point about fantasy football:

- even if you could pick 1st in every round, get the player of your choosing, it's no guarantee that you'll win. Sure, you have a playoff team, but there's a lot of luck needed to go along with injuries/acquisitions/etc that determines the outcome.

I too play in one very NON-competetive family league... and my team is stacked every year to the point that I feel bad for the aunts/uncles/cousins/etc that just don't know as much about this stuff... but it's no guarantee that I'll win the whole thing.

Will I have one of the highest scoring teams? yup.

Will I make the playoffs? yup.

Win it all easily? not so much.

Playoffs is so much about luck and health. I work the WW like a mad-man almost solely for the playoff run. I go into each season pretty sure I have a top team, it's usually how I maintenance it that keeps me in the title hunt. I've offered trades based solely on playoff schedule and team circumstance. No matter what anybody here says, there's a lot of luck involved.