Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Cooley on the Redskins Running Back Situation

Chris Cooley admitted last season that not even he, as a Redskins player, had a solid grasp on which running back would be starting on a week-by-week basis.

Cooley recalled an experience early last November, when the Redskins were about to play the 49ers. "I walked up to (Ryan) Torain in the locker room and said, ‘Dude, you’re starting on my fantasy team this week. And I’m hoping for a big week. I’m playing my wife," Cooley said. "And he’s like, ‘Oh, cool man. Yeah, I’ll see what I can do." Roy Helu started and totaled 141 yards on 24 touches. "I’m in the locker room and I don’t know who’s starting," Cooley said. "So, it’s kind of a mixup and I’m not exactly sure what we’re doing or who’s going in."

Chris Cooley admitted last season that not even he, as a Redskins player, had a solid grasp on which running back would be starting on a week-by-week basis.

Cooley recalled an experience early last November, when the Redskins were about to play the 49ers. "I walked up to (Ryan) Torain in the locker room and said, ‘Dude, you’re starting on my fantasy team this week. And I’m hoping for a big week. I’m playing my wife," Cooley said. "And he’s like, ‘Oh, cool man. Yeah, I’ll see what I can do." Roy Helu started and totaled 141 yards on 24 touches. "I’m in the locker room and I don’t know who’s starting," Cooley said. "So, it’s kind of a mixup and I’m not exactly sure what we’re doing or who’s going in."

Haha i like this. :thumbsup:

That's exactly why you never draft a RB on Rat Face's team. It goes waaaaaaaaaay back to his Denver days.

That's exactly why you never draft a RB on Rat Face's team. It goes waaaaaaaaaay back to his Denver days.

It actually didn't start until two years before he exited DEN in 2007 but yeah, Cooley's comment just seals it.

Haha. That was when Kubiak ran the zone blocking offense where you could insert anybody (remember Droughns?). I don't think the Redskins line or the absence of Kubiak makes the rotisserie RB situation similar. Come to think of it, Houston now runs the zone blocking scheme and the starting RB usually provides fantasy gold. Seems the Rat still believes he's in Denver and can start whomever and get the same results.

Haha, I got screwed over that game too as I started Torain. Never again. No Rat-Face RBs on my teams this year.

Haha. That was when Kubiak ran the zone blocking offense where you could insert anybody (remember Droughns?). I don't think the Redskins line or the absence of Kubiak makes the rotisserie RB situation similar. Come to think of it, Houston now runs the zone blocking scheme and the starting RB usually provides fantasy gold. Seems the Rat still believes he's in Denver and can start whomever and get the same results.

To be fair Droughns had a 1,200 yard rushing year for the Browns as well, he wasn't a complete no-talent.

I learned my lesson last year!

To be fair Droughns had a 1,200 yard rushing year for the Browns as well, he wasn't a complete no-talent.

Acreed. And Portis wasn't too shabby either post Donkeys. :thumbsup:

rat face is not long for this job anyway.