Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Shonne Greene

Graciously took his 97 yds and a TD week 1...not sure that's a sign of things to come.

Expectations the rest of the way for Greene with Tebow inside the 20s? Pitt will be tough this week. I am trying gauge his value as a flex in PPR leagues.

:dunno:

Graciously took his 97 yds and a TD week 1...not sure that's a sign of things to come.

Expectations the rest of the way for Greene with Tebow inside the 20s? Pitt will be tough this week. I am trying gauge his value as a flex in PPR leagues.

The only thing I would hope to continue to get out of Greene is the 27 carries he got in week 1. If he continues to get this many carries he should produce at a moderate level, and be worth owning/starting.

I traded for him recently in my dynasty. I like him this year honestly. The jets will be giving him a ton of carries and should bethe majority of the goal line work. I do have a dilema deciding between him and turner for this weeks game. I think i will go turner since the falcons are going to be near the goal line on a more regular basis this week imo.

The only thing I would hope to continue to get out of Greene is the 27 carries he got in week 1. If he continues to get this many carries he should produce at a moderate level, and be worth owning/starting.

Anyone think Powell is a must have handcuff for Greene owners?

I traded for him recently in my dynasty. I like him this year honestly. The jets will be giving him a ton of carries and should bethe majority of the goal line work. I do have a dilema deciding between him and turner for this weeks game. I think i will go turner since the falcons are going to be near the goal line on a more regular basis this week imo.

I forget which website (FBG maybe) had an interesting point about Greene...they pointed out that on most teams the "stud" back has his ass on the bench when his team is up that much late in the game. Greene got a lot of his totals during garbage time, when one figures you'd see a backup. That might actually say something about Greene and their faith in him, like clearly they don't view him as an elite back.

depends if harrison and polamalu is playin. i think the steelers will come out with a vengence, and its home field.

i dont think sanchez will play well so greenes performance wont be good cuz steelers will expect the run

Anyone think Powell is a must have handcuff for Greene owners?

Greene has been a pretty durable back, Powell only has value if Greene doesn't play. I couldn't afford to waste a roster spot on a handcuff with little upside, but I'm sure other people can.

Greene has been a pretty durable back, Powell only has value if Greene doesn't play. I couldn't afford to waste a roster spot on a handcuff with little upside, but I'm sure other people can.

Yes, that's my problem too. I'm not strong at RB, and just lost Forte for awhile (Although I have M Bush).

Right now I have Forte/Bush, Greene, M Ingram, & J Rodgers. If I wanted to pick up Powell, I'd have to drop one of my Current RBs, or a WR/TE (H Nicks, A Brown, S Johnson, K Ogeltree, or J Graham).

I can't see dropping either of those for a backup. My worry though is that Greene under performs and Powell gets a shot.

Greene sucks and I think Powell will be starting in a few weeks. Also Greene does get injured a lot.

The first statement is close to true, the other 2 are hogwash.

Greene Is the runner right now and while I know he's not the greatest he will get a boatload of carries. Nad seems to be getting looks at the GL so a 1000 yards 6-7 TD season may be in the works. Not too shabby.

I just traded green, romo , and J Stewart for Doug Martin , e royster and Alex smith. Have to start Rg3 now but with martin's receiving, which green never has I think I upgraded.

Sell high on Greene after week one. This week, unless he scores a td, will be sh!t and lose whatever value he currently has. Package him and another "name" for a D. Martin type.

Sell high on Greene after week one. This week, unless he scores a td, will be sh!t and lose whatever value he currently has. Package him and another "name" for a D. Martin type.

Who is going to pay anything worth while for shonn greene? You keep him and ride his carries. If he is your rb2 the rest of your team should be able to compensate for a rb2 that will consistently get between 8-12 points a week. I won last year with him as my rb2 and will be more than happy to have him again this year.