Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Higher upside the rest of the way...Decker or S. Johnson

I have Decker and I am interested in getting Johnson in a trade to replace him. They seem equal to me. Thoughts...

I would rather have S. Johnson. I have both and at this point I don't see a single week I will play Decker. Its early of course, but Peyton isn't Peyton and I think its only going to get worse since he can't throw more than 25 yards. Defenses will take advantage of that which I think will hurt Decker.

I would rather have S. Johnson. I have both and at this point I don't see a single week I will play Decker. Its early of course, but Peyton isn't Peyton and I think its only going to get worse since he can't throw more than 25 yards. Defenses will take advantage of that which I think will hurt Decker.

Decker dropped a 40-45 yard pass from Manning that hit him in stride.

stick with decker another week.... he's got the upside through the rest of the season.

even getting TD's both week 1 and 2 stevie johnson isn't doing that much better (atleast in my league) fantasy production wise.

Decker dropped a 40-45 yard pass from Manning that hit him in stride.

annnnnddddd.....the Falcons backfield caught four balls that hit them in stride.

Peyton didn't seem to have much on his throws beyond 10-15 yds (FYI that doesn't mean he can't drop a ball downfield to someone wide open). I dunno, maybe it will end up hurting Thomas and helping Decker, if he runs underneath patterns more often.

annnnnddddd.....the Falcons backfield caught four balls that hit them in stride.

Peyton didn't seem to have much on his throws beyond 10-15 yds (FYI that doesn't mean he can't drop a ball downfield to someone wide open). I dunno, maybe it will end up hurting Thomas and helping Decker, if he runs underneath patterns more often.

ATL had three INTs last week. I know it felt like 4, but it was only 3.

All things being equal I like Stevie. He's the true #1 on his team, will see the lion's share of targets (Decker/Thomas will split), and has better after the catch skills.

Decker. Did you see fitzpatrick throw last week? He looked terrible. He has no velocity and is not vety accurate. There was no safety over the top on johnsons td last week. I am not high on either at this point but prefer the wr with a qb who at least has been good before.

Decker. Did you see fitzpatrick throw last week? He looked terrible. He has no velocity and is not vety accurate. There was no safety over the top on johnsons td last week. I am not high on either at this point but prefer the wr with a qb who at least has been good before.

I agree. I had Johnson last year and he was pretty good while the weather was decent and Fitzpatrick was able to stay in the pocket and throw. Once the weather turns crappy and they play potentially better defenses later in the year, then watch his productivity go down. I am trying to get him in a trade for the next 6 to 8 weeks then will try and trade for the playoff run.

Go with the WR with the better QB.

Fitzpatrick :ninja:

Wrong. Decker is the 2nd option in Denver, even though he will probably start being more involved, dude needs to hang on to the ball when he gets his chance! As far as Johnson, he is clearly the #1 WR on that team. Peyton had a bad game last week and has a much tougher schedule early on, but he is leaps and bounds better than Fitz. C'mon man!