Sign in to follow this  
sddavies

Did Shonn Greene get demoted

Owner in my league dropped Greene for Bolden. 12 team with a decent bench. Debating if he's worth a pickup.

Is it worth while considering any rb from either of these teams should be the question.

prior to Wells going down, he wasnt doing anything. his replacement has one game as a starter and gained most of his yards (more from that game than any other rushing threat cards have) late in the game wells went out.

sometimes it is best just to leaf crap where it lies

I dropped Shonn Greene for a defense. He's a worthless pile of turd, IMHO.

i dropped hillis for him. it was more of a bye week safety valve concern at this point versus ever actually wanting to start him. he got dropped for barden last week and waivers ran without him being touched. kind of like the opposite of when he has the ball.

Greene is still the starter in NY, but Powell got more snaps because he's the passing down back and the Jets were way behind.

Just need one break out game from Powell and sayanora Greene.

In Arizona, Will Powell got two more snaps than Ryan Willams (36 vs 33) but got only two carries. Basically Arizona's run game is a mess right now.

Holmes is out obviously. So is Keller. So is Stephen Hill. Jason Hill's not ready.

That means your entire New York Jets receiving corps consists of Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Jeff Cumberland.

Snap counts:

Week 1: Greene 44, Powell 19 - W 48-28 over Buf - 1 Target for Powell

Week 2: Greene 24, Powell 32 - L 27-10 PIT - 2 Targets

Week 3: Greene 50, Powell 36 - W (OT, Mia) - 5 Targets

Week 4: Greene 18, Powell 32 - L, blowout to Hou - 3 Targets

It looks like Powell has gotten in more for the losses.

Last week Powell had more snaps, but only 3 targets, no catches. All year he has all of 3 catches on 11 targets.

Powell is averaging a full yard more per carry than Greene.

I have no idea if this is one of those lambs to the slaughter kind of games, but it is at home and the Jets are coming off an embarrassing loss at home just the week before. They have to do something different.

Greene got the carries on the first drive and ended up with 11 carries to 4 for Powell. - BUT: CBS has it that Powell actually started over Greene last week and is likely to this week also ("Jets running back Bilal Powell started over Shonn Greene last week and could draw the start again in Week 5 against the Texans."). - Can anyone confirm?

Any takers for a big switchover by Rex on MNF?

I'm guessing that any "switchover" at RB or QB won't occur this week. When my poor Jets get their asses handed to them in the spotlight, Woody will come down fast and hard on Rex. That will likely force his hand.

I heard they asked LT to come back out of retirement. Shonn Greene has cement in his cleats. He gets 3 yards every time he touches the ball.

New York plays Houston this week, so that could be another goose egg on the scoreboard. I'm interested in seeing what happens when they play a softer defense.

I hyped Greene all off-season and targeted him in both drafts. Luckily I missed him.

I still can't understand what went wrong. His stats last year were solid. He has experience, yet limited tread on the tires. He had 30 rec last year while LT had 40, so I figured at the very least his receptions would go up. The Jets don't have a lot of weapons so you'd think Greene was going to get a lot of work.

:dunno:

Sometimes it's good to be wrong. :wave: