Sign in to follow this  
MY3GSONS

Cryin Matthews

Should there be concern for matthews owners regarding playing time cut into by Battle or will he get the majority of the carries this week? I am an owner and worry not only about the split, but losing goal line carries that the coaches say Battle will get. I wanted to know if anyone had any insight to this situation?

I think the coaches are trying to be smart asses but when batte doesnt start producing while mathes does they will change very quickly if they expect to win

After trying to get Mathews from the Mathew's owner over the past 8 weeks, the owner is finally open to a trade.

He wants Stevie Johnson and M. Bush from me. What does everyone think?

After trying to get Mathews from the Mathew's owner over the past 8 weeks, the owner is finally open to a trade.

He wants Stevie Johnson and M. Bush from me. What does everyone think?

in a heartbeat

in a heartbeat

Yup on it.

He drafted Mathews at 1 and took Forte at 2.

He's hurting in WR and figure he'll add the handcuff. Looks like all this Mathew noise is finally getting to him. That depth chart must have been the breaking point. :banana: :banana:

nfl network just said that battle has been named the starter for week 5...

:lol:

Just saw that too. I'm enjoying so much not being a Matthews owner this year!

AFC West coaches are *so* stupid. First it was Jamaal Charles losing carries all year to Thomas Jones in KC, Raiders trading multiple 1st round picks for Palmer, and now this.

Interesting take from one of the CBS guys.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/columns/story/20443277/quick-fantasy-hits-for-week-5

Mathews broke his clavicle in the first preseason game, causing him to miss, essentially, the entire preseason and the first two regular season games. He returned in Week 3 with a 10-carry, 44-yard game, and finished Week 4 with 61 yards on 14 carries. These are steadily-improving numbers for Mathews. His carries went up, as did his yardage. Granted, he caught three fewer passes in Week 4, but his total yards were still better, going from 76 to 82. Mathews ran for 1,091 yards last year and had 50 receptions for 455 yards, despite missing two games. But consider this -- Mathews is returning from an injury that could cause him to be a little tentative when hard hits are coming his way. It might be subconscious -- it might not even be happening -- but if you broke your collarbone and then had to basically put it out there for helmets to ram their way into it, there is probably some instinct buried deep in your DNA that would cause you to adjust and protect yourself, which may be cause for his fumbling.

Part two of this theory is that the coaches know this and are trying to ease Mathews into his full-time role (10 carries followed by 14 carries may imply this). And part three of the theory is taking a look at Mathews' usage in his career. In 2011, he had just four games of 100 or more rushing yards and only five games of 20 or more carries. However, with his receiving yards mixed in, Mathews ended up with 10 games (out of 14 played) with 100 or more total yards. And then there's this fun stat:

Over his first two games in 2011, Mathews averaged 12 carries and five receptions. Over his first two games of 2012, Mathews has averaged... 12 carries and 3.5 receptions. And had he not fumbled on the goal line, he would have a touchdown.

Mathews is close to being the player he was in 2011, it's just not apparent yet in his stats. But with a Week 5 game against New Orleans, the NFL's worst rushing defense (186.6 yards per game and six touchdowns allowed), Mathews could shine.

Yup on it.

He drafted Mathews at 1 and took Forte at 2.

He's hurting in WR and figure he'll add the handcuff. Looks like all this Mathew noise is finally getting to him. That depth chart must have been the breaking point. :banana: :banana:

It's official, just got approved on this trade by the co-commissioner.

Do I wait for the breakout game to celebrate?

What was that speech that W. Buffet use? Sell when others are greedy and buy when others are fearful. :headbanger:

What was that speech that W. Buffet use? Sell when others are greedy and buy when others are fearful. :headbanger:

I'm about to try and move on Fred Jackson for Mathews since the guy has CJ Spiller... This one could end up hurting but I think Mathews has just way more upside at this point.

That TD won me my week... 5-0!!!

Booyah!