Sign in to follow this  
knuckleballah22

Who played better yesterday - Brady or Peyton?

Obviously Brady didn't match Manning's stats but i think he proved that it's not who passes for the most yards, at the end of the game, it's the smarter QB that makes the most of his weapons, passing and running, that wins the game.

...just off the top of my head, the Demaryius Thomas fumble, the Mcgahee drop and McGahee fumble were scoring drive killers for the Broncos.

So are we supposed to ignore the performance of the defenses in order to rate the performance of said QBs? :blink:

...just off the top of my head, the Demaryius Thomas fumble, the Mcgahee drop and McGahee fumble were scoring drive killers for the Broncos.

yup.

and Woodhead converted a 3rd and 17... NE constantly converted on 3rd downs yesterday.

Manning had to do more to try to overcome his team's deficiencies - NE, on the other hand, was running like a well oiled machine.

But you have to consider that NE is running so smoothly b/c of Brady; it doesn't show up on a stat sheet but Brady single-handedly dictated the pace of play yesterday, the way Brady controlled the game/clock/pace/etc kept DEN's D in disarray.

We've seen Manning do this before too - he's done it to the NE D in a playoff game - he didn't do it yesterday b/c he can't yet, not with a new team/players and being on the road. People want to talk about Manning's loss of arm strength, and maybe there is something to that, but it's the way he controlled a game that made him great - keeping Ds off balance, preventing them from substitutions, getting them offsides, and eventually forcing them into desperate penalties (PI, facemasks, roughing passer, etc) - THIS is a huge part of what makes these 2 QBs so great. They can both throw 300+ and 4 TDs... but that doesn't always win. Controlling the game wins. I'm not going to go back thru the matchups, but I'm curious how many times the "winner" between Manning/Brady actually passed for less yards/TDs?

Well, the Pats got 251 yards of rushing. That was what killed the Broncos. The Pats played hurry-up to put up some points and then maintained clock control (about 36 minutes in TOP).

Manning played very well and Brady ran the offense enough to win.

I loathe the Manning vs Brady stuff for these very reasons. Can't we all just agree they both kick ass?

I loathe the Manning vs Brady stuff for these very reasons. Can't we all just agree they both kick ass?

:thumbsup:

the factoid in the game yesterday was that they are the oldest starting QBs in the NFL right now... :(, it's almost over.

This. We should just be thankful we still get to watch them both.

Manning is incredible. He's in a new system, and his arm still doesn't look 100%, but his brain is as sharp as ever. Like the PI in the endzone; I think he just saw that McCourty wasn't in position to make the play and threw it in there knowing there was a good chance he would commit PI. Those are the kinds of calculations that Manning seems to be able to make in nano-seconds that other QBs just can't match.

And Brady is playing incredible as well. Yes, he has the benefit of a strong running game right now, but a lot of the returns coming from the running game are attributable to Brady's command of that offense and their ability to push the ball up the field keep the defense off balance.

Is this a FF board or a NE Pats board?

Peyton won in a landslide.

The OP is obviously a ball licker on a fishing trip but, anytime a team trails in a game 31-7, its tough to say they had the better QB.

This could have made an interesting discussion if the OP didn't turn it into a joke. Better fantasy stats or better NFL (team) performance?