Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Ever get that bad feeling...

So, this week I'm playing that guy, you know the one...started hot and didn't work the WW because of it. Now the bye weeks have come and in addition he has terrible matchups. So here's the roster I'm facing:

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB @Hou

Toby Gerhart, Min RB @Wsh

Shaun Draughn, KC RB @TB

Jordy Nelson, GB WR @Hou

Victor Cruz, NYG WR @SF

Antonio Gates, SD TE Den

Scott Chandler, Buf TE @Ari

Texans D/ST D/ST GB

Stephen Gostkowski, NE K @Sea

This is legitimately a team I should beat by 100 pts this weekend, so why is it that I'm certain I'm going to lose? Aside from Gates and Gostkowski, every player on there has a bad defensive matchup or is a backup. But come Tuesday, somehow I'll end up looking at him beating me by 3 pts or something. :wall:

This is why I don't play in $25 neighborhood leagues or work leagues.....for $25 it's too easy for someone to stop caring.

This is why I don't play in $25 neighborhood leagues or work leagues.....for $25 it's too easy for someone to stop caring.

it's a 12 teamer with experienced guys. he got hit hard by the bye week and was at the bottom of the WW order every week. Get off your freakin know-it-all soapbox.

So, this week I'm playing that guy, you know the one...started hot and didn't work the WW because of it. Now the bye weeks have come and in addition he has terrible matchups. So here's the roster I'm facing:

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB @Hou

Toby Gerhart, Min RB @Wsh

Shaun Draughn, KC RB @TB

Jordy Nelson, GB WR @Hou

Victor Cruz, NYG WR @SF

Antonio Gates, SD TE Den

Scott Chandler, Buf TE @Ari

Texans D/ST D/ST GB

Stephen Gostkowski, NE K @Sea

This is legitimately a team I should beat by 100 pts this weekend, so why is it that I'm certain I'm going to lose? Aside from Gates and Gostkowski, every player on there has a bad defensive matchup or is a backup. But come Tuesday, somehow I'll end up looking at him beating me by 3 pts or something. :wall:

Happened to me last week. On paper I shoulda beat him by mega-points....

Lost by 10 to the guy.

He f'n started Bess, Kerley, Shonn Greene, & a bunch of other stiffs. My team took a giant carp. SMH

Happened to me last week. On paper I shoulda beat him by mega-points....

Lost by 10 to the guy.

He f'n started Bess, Kerley, Shonn Greene, & a bunch of other stiffs. My team took a giant carp. SMH

i'm anticipating the guy scoring like 50 pts and somehow winning by 3 when half my team pulls a hammy on the first play from scrimmage.

I played the owner with arguably the worst team in the league last week in my main league. He hadn't won a game, and I hadn't lost one. My studs sh!t the bed and his sh!t the bed players went off. Now i'm 4-1 and he's 1-4. Never go into a week expecting to win.

I wouldn't be too worried, lot of road games on that roster. I just expect below average games for away games unless it away at Tennessee or Cleveland.

To preserve my sanity, I don't see any matchup as a "gimme" any more.

I just start the players that I feel will score the most points and expect NOTHING.

To preserve my sanity, I don't see any matchup as a "gimme" any more.

I just start the players that I feel will score the most points and expect NOTHING.

This ^

I have that feeling in my $350 league. Playing a guy who is 0-5:

Romo vs Baltimore

Foster vs GB

Alex Green vs Hou

Antonio Brown vs Ten

Emmanuel Sanders vs Ten

Chris Givens vs Mia

Gates vs Denver

Green bay vs Houston

Gostkowski vs Seattle

Witten vs Baltimore

Luckily he has Marshall on a bye.

Sad thing is, I know it only takes a few good players to win you games. Last week I lost because my opponent had Brees (41), Cruz (28) and Bradshaw (31) while the rest of his team laid an egg.

Not sure why this looks like a $25 work/neighborhood league but I digress. I know how you feel though, I'm facing a guy that has 2 players on bye plus his bench is composed of 3 guys on bye & scrubs like TY Hilton & Manningham. I've either run into the weekly high points owner or scenarios like this every week. Caught a break last week when I was up 3 & he had AJ on MNF. AJ's stinker finally swayed a win in my favor. I'm sure I'll go back to my bad luck ways this week though. Fun while it lasted I guess.

it's a 12 teamer with experienced guys. he got hit hard by the bye week and was at the bottom of the WW order every week. Get off your freakin know-it-all soapbox.

Seems like a lot of fools on this board are on those soap boxes you speak of. So annoying.

It happens to me every year...and probably again this week while he has Brees, Graham, and Marshall on bye. Hopefully I can repay the favor next week with Ryan, Charles, Mathews and Maclin on bye.

Seems like a lot of fools on this board are on those soap boxes you speak of. So annoying.

Yes I was being a smart ass and presumptious, but I was makin g a valid point. When there's more at stake, owners will try everything in their power to put together the best starting lineup.

He started out by saying the guy wasn't working the WW....and it's obvious he didn't prepare ahead of time or attempt trades with a RB duo like that....

so, true to form...Aaron Rodgers, 53...Jordy Nelson, 40...my entire time, 91.

:doh:

so, true to form...Aaron Rodgers, 53...Jordy Nelson, 40...my entire time, 91.

:doh:

That's what you get for playing in a $25 work league.

:pointstosky: That was funny.

Dang. You nailed it crawfish. Have any hunches for lottery numbers?

my power's don't work like that. i could very easily pick 7 numbers for you that are guaranteed not to hit, but that really won't help you much unless i can do it about 6 billions times. dry.gif

always seems to happen... you catch the week when a ronnie brown or nate burleson type player explodes...

It seems like everytime these type of players blow up on the stat ticker i think to myself "i'll bet he changed his lineup... he couldn't have possibly left those guys in." Later i double check the lineups to find that i am down by 40...