Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

The "running" QB

I was going to mention McNabb but he did choke in that Superbowl. You can never (usually) blame a loss on one player, but TO was playing out of his mind and that game was there for the taking.

McNabb ran out of gas by "running" too much?

I put TEBOW on this list because management/coaches in Denver threw the entire barn to grab him in the 1st round (25th pick overall). This guy was suppose to take over and we KNOW he's nothing but a runner.

Oh so I see, the pro game.

69.1% completion rate, 101 QB rating for RG3 as a pro.

54.2% completion rate and 77.1 QB rating for Luck.

Oh but that doesn't count either right?

You racists are retarded. Do you really think you can just scare people into ignoring facts to promote your agendas? I have never seen two racists make it so easy either.

You can't use facts, racists never can. When other people use facts you get angry and try to insult them the only way you know how...by accusing them of being Black!!!

You two are the only ones that don't see how badly you're getting owned here.

your the only one talking chump

Here's a fact for you Robert Griffin is a cry baby (see Rams game) who has before last week had faced (in order) the 28th,23,22nd,31st rated pass D's in the NFl

Welcome to ignore chump!

I put TEBOW on this list because management/coaches in Denver threw the entire barn to grab him in the 1st round (25th pick overall). This guy was suppose to take over and we KNOW he's nothing but a runner.

[/quote)

Read his book ,he's a awful QB . Should not be in the league.

It's early, but RG3 already suffered 2 "running" QB injuries in the past year.

CONCUSSION

If he's diagnosed with 1 more concussion this season, i believe he's forced to sit out 3 games. Is that the new rule?

:lol:

Well, if he was a pocket passer, it wouldn't have been an issue. :doh:

I think one of the reasons for his success was that he transitioned into more of a pocket passer. He just tended to not come through in big moments.

I don't know, it already seems like forever since he was relevant. :dunno:

And he didn't play in a super bowl dumb a#s that the point . Go back to bed you haven't a clue.

You said "he became a better player when he learned to stay in the pocket." Did he only learn that in 1994 and then forget it again the next few seasons?

I think the reason it is so appealing is that QB's that can run can extend plays, make up for poor offensive line play and add an additional threat to an offense making it harder to defend.

I hate to say it but I think it might be a bit over rated myself, when you can see a QB playing well and just slide a few feet to the side or up in the pocket while keeping their eyes down field you don't appreciate how athletic they are. But when you see Newton extend a play you can't help but be mesmerized by how fast, powerful and athletic they guy is. Myself I would rather have a QB keep his eyes down field and go through his progressions and dump the ball off to his outlet or just throw it away.

Defensive players in the NFL are too fast and strong to let them hit your QB, that has to be minimized at all costs. Nevermind the physical toll, their is a psychological toll as well, remember David Carr, and you can see it in Kolb as well. Sure they arent great QB's but you can see their feet get antsy when the pocket collapses, they have taken too many hits and it has compromised how they play the game. You have to wonder how many talented young QB's never really got a chance because they got such a physical beat down early in their NFL careers. You have to be a tough hombre to play QB in the NFL for any length of time no matter how good your O-line is you are going to get hit, and hit brutally.

This guy here is the dumbest football fan ever! 11 seasons 900 yards , that's less than 100 yards a season moron. Doug was a pocket passer from his first days in the NFl . Get a clue moron or stay of the board.

Wow this one is wound tight

If you knew anything about this board you are so vehemently trying to defend from "morons like me", you would know that

1) I am anything but dumb.

2) I am however a giant instigator. Try resetting your sarcasm sensor sometime.

and

3) You couldnt hold my jock in... well... anything. Im smarter, better looking, a better athlete, have a prettier wife, have smarter kids, am better at Fantasy Football (actually all games) and can make sweet manly love to a woman in a way that your wife can only dream about. Does dream about. And sends me the pics to prove it. This bored is better off with me than without me, and you are an unknown who has posted 1000+ posts of inanity and drivel. And if i had to guess you are probably a Jets fan. You cant beat me, you cant stop me, you cant even contain me. I will crush you spirit and devour your soul. When this thread is over, all the regulars here will say "Who was that guy southcarolina laid waste to?" Respond if you want, I'll tear you apart.

Wow this one is wound tight

If you knew anything about this board you are so vehemently trying to defend from "morons like me", you would know that

1) I am anything but dumb.

2) I am however a giant instigator. Try resetting your sarcasm sensor sometime.

and

3) You couldnt hold my jock in... well... anything. Im smarter, better looking, a better athlete, have a prettier wife, have smarter kids, am better at Fantasy Football (actually all games) and can make sweet manly love to a woman in a way that your wife can only dream about. Does dream about. And sends me the pics to prove it. This bored is better off with me than without me, and you are an unknown who has posted 1000+ posts of inanity and drivel. And if i had to guess you are probably a Jets fan. You cant beat me, you cant stop me, you cant even contain me. I will crush you spirit and devour your soul. When this thread is over, all the regulars here will say "Who was that guy southcarolina laid waste to?" Respond if you want, I'll tear you apart.

Yeh your so smart the my screen name is Ramrock but I'm a Jets fan. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the job description of the qb is to THROW the football and manage the game. the only qb in the modern day nfl able to runn all the time is/was vick, and as exciting as he is/was, he has never won much. qb running isnt for the nfl, the defenses are to fast. cam newton lit the league up running last year, and as soon as teams caught on to that he got shut down. Until he learns to PLAY QB, he wont be effective. Same goes for RG, he wont last the way he plays, especially at his size. And whoever says, rg is a better passer than luck is smoking crack. rg played in a gimmick offense in college throwing bubble screen and slants out of the spread. Andrew luck put up great numbers in a pro style offense. If youve ever watched andrew luck play, ala steve young, he only runs when he has to. The great modern day qb needs to be able to scramble, not run.

This black "running" QB thing over the past decade really hasn't worked out, but why does team continue to try?

None of these colored guys ever won a Superbowl. Only white guy one that really did it was Steve Young but he was also a Caucasian great pocket passer. The pure Aryan "pocket" passer continues to be the clear cut best great white hope option to help a team win the Superbowl.

LOL RG3 has a 70% completion rate but you consider him a running QB.

Get out of here you racist POS. I'm putting you on ignore and suggest everyone else do the same. I haven't seen one intelligent post from you since I've been here.

Andrew Luck runs more than RG3 does but has a 55% completion rate, but of course since he is white he is not a running QB either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

First of all, you need to clearly define "running QB". What exactly constitutes a "running QB"? You put Culpepper on that list. In no way would I consider him a runner. I wouldn't put McNabb or McNair either. Sure, they both had the athleticism to run, but they rarely had plays designed to have them run (not including their first few seasons).

The reason why guys like RGIII & Newton are being drafted high are all based on potential. GMs aren't getting them thinking, "We can have a deadly option offense with him!" These GMs 'think' these guys have the potential to be a great pocket passer, and their ability to run will make them even more dangerous. Just like Steve Young. All of these GMs are hoping to draft the next Steve Young. Young was a great runner, but towards the end of his career, he ran less and stayed more in the pocket. But the fact he was a good runner made him even more dangerous. All of these GMs are drafting Cam & RGIII in hopes of getting the next Steve Young.

Sure, in the first few seasons, we'll see Carolina & Washington run some designed run plays for the QB. That's because these guys are still learning how to be an effective pocket passer. But you can ask all of the coaches & GMs for these teams, and they will say the same thing, they would prefer to never call a run play for these guys.

your the only one talking chump

Here's a fact for you Robert Griffin is a cry baby (see Rams game) who has before last week had faced (in order) the 28th,23,22nd,31st rated pass D's in the NFl

Welcome to ignore chump!

You sure are an annoying little fock.

You will never win this discussion without being labeled a racist. It comes from they same people that voted for Obama only to prove they weren't a racist. I don't draft them EVER in my league's because I'm not taking the risk of losing my starting QB for 4-6 weeks at any time. With that being said I also don't take QB's like Rodgers, Bress and Brady when they are being drafted in the first round.

So next year you will no draft Vick, RG3, Cam, Matt Ryan, Brees, Brady, Rodgers. That is a short list you give yourself to choose from.

This sure is an entertaining thread... thanks for the laughs Ramrock!

(btw, we are laughing at you, not with you :lol: )

Your wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to begin. There is a intelligent level that is needed to play the position plain and simple.

Unfortunately, there is no intelligent level needed to post here.