Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

How do you determine who to start?

I'm interested to see how everyone else determines who to put in their starting lineup. Actually, over the last few years I've done a really good job deciding who to start. I haven't left any 30-point players on the bench (thankfully). That being said, I normally look at all the rankings for that week (ESPN, Yahoo, FFToday, FFtoolbox, etc.) After taking the rankings into account, I look at how other teams have fair against each opponent. The deciding factor is defensive rankings. If RB1 is playing against the 29th run defense at home and RB2 is playing the 8th run defense on the road, I'll take RB1. I know it seems logical, but how many times have you been fouled by the "experts" who claim a player is a "must start."

I use a variety of websites, free apps, and fantasy boards to determine who I set in my line up. While Im at work im able to browse the different sites like bleacher report, fantasy pros, FFToday, ect. Then it comes down to how much I trust the player to play. An example was when I started Marshawn Lynch against the 49ers. Being division rivals I knew Lynch would run harder than he normally does. Which was why I started him and it paid off. The remaining 10% comes down to flat out luck.

I generally go with a start your studs philosophy barring any injury status. Otherwise I goto matchups. I try not to overthink it too much.

I generally go with a start your studs philosophy barring any injury status. Otherwise I goto matchups. I try not to overthink it too much.

Yep....those expert guys dont know any more than you or i do.

Play your studs, look at matchups.....dont overthink.

What everyone else says. Don't sit your studs against a bad match up, especially this year look for injuries that may benefit your flex plays, who has the hot hand, good match up.. Etc. When all else fails, I go with my gut. Or hell, revert back to a football fan and make the Homer play.. It's always worked for me. I look at what the "experts" say, usually don't pay attention to them.

I have a trained monkey that randomly flings poo against a board where I have all my players listed.

I have affectionately named him The Moz. He's so cute.