Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Pierre Garcon'

one report said Sunday he is likely out for the year, now he practiced, limited, on Monday. Anyone taking a flyer on him or do you think he is done?

Rotoworld has the following:

Pierre Garcon - WR - Redskins

A source tells ESPN Radio 980 that the chances of Pierre Garcon (foot) playing this week are "better than you think." Garcon is doing everything he can to avoid season-ending surgery. He's gutting it out through pain in practice this week, hoping to prove to coaches he can be explosive despite the tear in his foot. Owners hanging on to Garcon should give it a few more days before bailing. We should have a resolution here by Friday afternoon.

I had just acquired Donario Alexander but dropped him to re-acquire Garcon, the though process being that I will likely not ever play Alexander but if Garcon comes back, he could ascend to a WR2 for my pathetic team. He's worth a flyer anyway, and as they said, we should know by Friday.

Here is the latest from cbssportsline...

Pierre Garcon, WR, WAS

News: 106.7 The Fan reports the plan for Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who has missed the last four games and six total this season because of a foot injury, is for him to return to practice on a limited basis and potentially increase his reps as the week progresses, a source said. The source added if Garcon's foot responds well during the practice week, then he will return to game action. If he is still in pain, then he will be shut down. Washington is coming off a bye and returns to action Week 11 against the Eagles. The Washington Times reports Garcon practiced Monday for the first time in a month. "It's not 100 percent," he said. "I did as much as I can. It's a pain all the time." Coach Mike Shanahan said Garcon looked good Monday. He added Garcon approached the coaching staff about practicing this week and testing out his foot. His status is still uncertain, however.

Sounding like he's a go Sunday.

Huge risk/reward.

Can't make up my mind.

I wouldn't even consider him if you have any other decent options.

what's the huge risk? he'll be on the bench unless there is news that he won't play. obviously i don't expect him to play well if he even plays sunday but i'd stash him until otherwise.if he isn't ready, you drop him for the flavor of the week when the news comes out, no risk IMO unless your league has like 3 bench spots

The risk/reward factor was referring to actually starting him...which is a possibility with some of us considering his upside is significantly higher than the corpses on the waiver wire.

Byes and injuries have gotten me into this mess.

I'm going to guess that the majority of teams in competitive leagues that have held on to Garcon throughout this entire season aren't doing very well. The guy plays ten minutes of football and people think he's the next Jerry Rice and don't get rid of him. Part of the issue is that there was never any clear timeline for his return. Each week was "we'll see", "it's getting better...maybe". I'm not really sure why the guy just didn't have surgery. At this point I'm sick of reading about him.

I think if you've held on to him for ten weeks, then you've just got to stay the course and hold onto him throughout the remainder of the season as you possibly watch your team miss the playoffs...

I'd take a flier on Danario Alexander before Garcon...

Finally cut bait on him a few weeks ago after holding out hope all season. Figure even if he comes back there is no way he is in game shape and will not be able to get there this season. Maybe get a few redzone looks but we will have to wait until next season before seeing the real Peter Waiter, I'm afraid.

I am back and forth between Pierre, Titus Young, or Josh Gordon as my Flex in a PPR

I would go with Titus - this game has shootout all over it, and Mathews is out, so Stafford will have some time to throw.

I don't trust Garcon to do much of anything at considerably less than 100%. I personally think Garcon only guts it out for 1 or 2 more games, then shuts it down for surgery - just my 2 cents.

Gordon has been very hit or miss, and going against improved Dallas D.

I'm going to guess that the majority of teams in competitive leagues that have held on to Garcon throughout this entire season aren't doing very well. The guy plays ten minutes of football and people think he's the next Jerry Rice and don't get rid of him. Part of the issue is that there was never any clear timeline for his return. Each week was "we'll see", "it's getting better...maybe". I'm not really sure why the guy just didn't have surgery. At this point I'm sick of reading about him.

I think if you've held on to him for ten weeks, then you've just got to stay the course and hold onto him throughout the remainder of the season as you possibly watch your team miss the playoffs...

I'd take a flier on Danario Alexander before Garcon...

Well, that's an easy decision now, but most leagues you would have had to make that decision at least last week, if not 2 weeks ago. We'll see how things go the next few days, but if Garcon does miraculously heal he's going to have some explosive games down the stretch. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to predict them. RG3 spreads the ball around a lot, I think he passed to 10-11 different targets today and that's just off 15 passes.

From Rotoworld:

Pierre Garcon confirmed he emerged from Sunday's win over the Eagles with no setbacks in his troublesome foot.

Garcon was a rotational player in his return, catching three balls for five yards. He admitted that he "wasn't full speed" but did guarantee that he'll play in Thursday's Thanksgiving game in Dallas. "He's a big threat and it's not going to happen overnight," coach Mike Shanahan said. "He's going to get back in football shape. It was nice to have him out there." We wouldn't use Garcon in fantasy lineups until he is playing more snaps and showing more explosion.

Garcon's stat line today vs. Philly:

3 targets, 3 rec, 5 yards

So the stats aren't pretty. Did anyone see him play? Did he look really limited?

for those wr hungry teams out there w/ still hope at the playoffs looking for a fix, move along.

this isnt ur lottery ticket here boys, sorry.

he has a toe injury that needs long term recovery, prolly surgery. its not gona get better. he's being stubborn and the team isn't strong arming him, as they should.

matter of time b4 all parties come to their senses and shut it down.

until he's healthy next yr, not even #3 value here.

His toe didn't look bad on that last td... Obviously I wouldn't have dreamed of starting him but... Damn, might have regretted not giving him a chance. On the bright side, if he comes out of this with no setbacks, this is the guy we all drafted this year!

Hes far and away the beat wr option in dc. It's a shame he got hurt week one.

Next season I'm drafting him as a number 1 wr.

Hes far and away the beat wr option in dc. It's a shame he got hurt week one.

Next season I'm drafting him as a number 1 wr.

I'm pretty sure he could be had as a WR2 next season since he's burned a lot of owners who drafted/held onto him for so long.

He did an amazing job of catching that touchdown yesterday that was thrown way behind him & looked like he had the speed he displayed on his touchdown in week 1. Didn't seem like the foot bothered him on that catch & run. Curious if he's worth picking up for the playoffs or if he'll be showing up on the injury report early next week?

I'm pretty sure he could be had as a WR2 next season since he's burned a lot of owners who drafted/held onto him for so long.

He did an amazing job of catching that touchdown yesterday that was thrown way behind him & looked like he had the speed he displayed on his touchdown in week 1. Didn't seem like the foot bothered him on that catch & run. Curious if he's worth picking up for the playoffs or if he'll be showing up on the injury report early next week?

Debating dropping amendola for him for the playoffs in case something happens to my starting three wr.

If you were watching the replay in slow motion from the endzone angle, he grimaced every step he took on his bad foot.

Not sure why you put that in this thread, maybe you're a spammer.

But a QB is the easiest injury to come back from. You lose some production but since there are so many options you'll be able to fill that spot. The hardest player to replace is probably Gronk, since he's so much better than everyone else at his position and you likely aren't even carrying a backup. I have no real replacement for Gronk, I am using Martellus Bennett and probably he won't do anything. That's a far cry from losing a Rodgers and picking up a Romo or something. At this point in the season the only backup QB rostered is probably RG3, because of where he was drafted and his production on the season. In a 12 team or less, that likely means only 12 QBs are rostered outside of your team, and if you're really lucky that could mean a Freeman or Palmer, although more likely is maybe a Fitzpatrick or other serviceable option. Maybe even Kaepernick.

Rostered QBs:

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Peyton

RG3

Ryan

Palmer

Freeman

Dalton

Stafford

Luck

Romo

That still leaves you Eli Manning, Ben Rothelisberger, Mike Vick, Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, Philip Rivers, Cam and Flacco.

Actually probably Ben, Eli and Cam are rostered, and maybe some fool still has Vick (he's been cut in my leagues though) giving you a better chance at one of the better QBs in the first list. And with Sanchez' rope shortening even more, Timmy Tebow is a very viable fantasy QB to win a championship with should he start.