Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I wasn't overly excited about him after his move to Cincy, and didn't draft him in any leagues.....but I did recently acquire him a couple weeks ago after a fed-up owner with bye issues dropped him.

Why has he been swimming in a sea of mediocrity this season? We all knew he wasn't a burner, but most expected a solid banger. Bengals line that much inferior to Pats? Brady vs. Dalton? Coaching?

KC, Oak, SD, Dal, Philly, Pit next 7 weeks......outlook?

I was one of the owners that got fed up. Look at his stats and they are what they are. about 7 to 9 points each week. Hard to accept even as a flex play for a starting rb.

As a Bengals homer, I expected much more of him. The offensive line & skill positions surrounding him are essentially the same as in 2011 minus Jerome Simpson.

I figured he was a definite upgrade over Benson. Neither backs catch many passes but he hasn't topped 100 yards rushing once all season. His best game was Week 1 against Baltimore & he ran with conviction in that game. Ever since then it seems like he's running in quick sand.

Haven't started him in anything other than my flex or as a bye week fill-in. Not much to see here unless the defense starts playing like they did against the Giants. Thus allowing the offense to grind out a lead & use the running game to grind out the clock.

He's the worst starting RB in the league, that's all.

He banged out a bunch of short TDs on a high scoring New England team. Wow. Other than that, his biggest credential is that he doesn't fumble. The Pats knew he wasn't a starting caliber NFL RB, which is why they spent high draft picks on Vereen and Ridley. If Maroney hadn't been a continual flop, we'd have never heard BJGE's name.

If Bernard Scott had been healthy at all this year, BJGE would already be relegated to short-yardage, clock-killer duty, which is what he's good for.

I had him for a bit. The fact that he gets all the carries should have made him a solid play at RB2 all year.

Problem is he isn't scoring TDs even though he's their goal line back and he doesn't get receptions. The Bengals go to Green when they want to score.

The offensive line & skill positions surrounding him are essentially the same as in 2011 minus Jerome Simpson.

Disagree.

- Brand new LG, that was then lost for the season.

- Rookie RG

- Starting C still hasn't played a game.

Shovelheadt is the homer for the Bengals that gives the best info about the team, so he would know. I overlooked the rebuilt internal O-line and expected them to be the dominate run blocking unit they where from the previous year. After watch a couple games of the Bengals I am giving up on the law firm except as a bye week filler or a fringe flex play.

Peerman is the RB that looks good to me there but he is third on the depth chart. I think he might have some value if he can handle the load of 10-15 touches a game, but I am worried that Marvin Lewis is a bit conservative at the RB position and wants to trust a solid veteran RB rather than a more explosive young player. I hope I am wrong, and I very well could be; they got Sanu, their third WR some touches out of the backfield last sunday which ticked me off he actually got Benjarvusgreenellis's rushing TD.

Shovelheadt, any word on possible increase of touches for Peerman? Or plans to use Sanu like a percy harvin superlite?

i got him for basically nothing (throw in on a trade a few weeks ago) and i think hes a decent bench player needed for emergency. i haven't used him yet but he can be servicable if in a bind

Shovelheadt is the homer for the Bengals that gives the best info about the team, so he would know. I overlooked the rebuilt internal O-line and expected them to be the dominate run blocking unit they where from the previous year. After watch a couple games of the Bengals I am giving up on the law firm except as a bye week filler or a fringe flex play.

Peerman is the RB that looks good to me there but he is third on the depth chart. I think he might have some value if he can handle the load of 10-15 touches a game, but I am worried that Marvin Lewis is a bit conservative at the RB position and wants to trust a solid veteran RB rather than a more explosive young player. I hope I am wrong, and I very well could be; they got Sanu, their third WR some touches out of the backfield last sunday which ticked me off he actually got Benjarvusgreenellis's rushing TD.

Shovelheadt, any word on possible increase of touches for Peerman? Or plans to use Sanu like a percy harvin superlite?

I agree with most everyone else that BGE is at best average, even in a perfect situation. He's not the answer. And neither is Bernard Scott. That dude has had multiple chances that he's squandered, mostly by injury. As for Peerman and Sanu...it's a crapshoot just like it is with every WR not named Green. You just never know which guy is gonna get the looks from game to game. Not so bad for the team, terrible for fantasy.

BJGE is a good pass blocker, look at all the years protecting Brady. This is his value to the Bengals offense, and he's reliable(for the most part this year) to hold onto the ball. Unfortunately, none of this counts for fantasy points.

His schedule is great for the remainder of the season, so if you're in a 12 team league, you're probably starting him. This week @ Chiefs I would start him over Michael Turner, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Alex Green, James Starks, Marcel Reece, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer............all guys that people will start in many leagues. The RB depth is super weak in the NFL this year, especially bye weeks.

The rumors off his demise were apparently exaggerated. Great flex in good matchups.

As a matchup-based flex, he is becoming straight money.