Sign in to follow this  
WR Guru

Jake Locker rest of year

Not much talk about Locker right now, but he's got some weapons around him and the Titans are a team on the upswing (notwithstanding their collapse against Chicago a few weeks ago with Hass at QB).

The guy can be a playmaker with his arm and running ability. It's hard to read too much from the last game because it became lopsided so early and Locker barely had to throw the ball (although still tossing 2 TDs). In his last full game before getting hurt, he put up 378 passing and a pair of scores and another 35 on the ground.

For Vick and Big Ben owners hurting at QB right now, Locker is at least a respectable plug-and-play with major upside.

This kid will be good someday. I'm not sure about this year, but for now he is mediocre. I agree, he does have nice toys to play with.

I agree, he's not the most polished player yet.

But the thing I see in him is a knack for big plays. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the number of long TD plays orchestrated by Locker in his limited opportunities is remarkable.

Nate Washington in particular is a guy I'd be taking a long, hard look at as a late-season sleeper type WR. He more than anyone else has had great big-play chemistry with Locker (only 1 catch last week, but, again, a weird game with Tennessee going up big early and Miami doing nothing).

The Titans only play one top-10 defense from here on out. Locker could definitely be a season-saver for people struggling with QB issues.

I have matt ryan and Fitz as his backup

I Am guessing Ryan may see the bench week 16 or 17 and may be forced to play a backup

is locker a better option than fitz?

I have matt ryan and Fitz as his backup

I Am guessing Ryan may see the bench week 16 or 17 and may be forced to play a backup

is locker a better option than fitz?

Last week's outing really threw a monkey wrench into my understanding of Fitzpatrick. Up until then, the clear pattern was to bench Fitz against tough defenses on the road and start him everywhere else. And then suddenly Buffalo goes 0 for 4 in the red zone and Fitz lays an egg in what should have been at least a decent matchup. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him come back and throw for 300 and a couple of scores at Indy this week. So, who knows.

If we're looking strictly at weeks 16 and 17, I like Locker's matchups against Green Bay (a potential shootout) and Jacksonville.

Not much talk about Locker right now, but he's got some weapons around him and the Titans are a team on the upswing (notwithstanding their collapse against Chicago a few weeks ago with Hass at QB).

The guy can be a playmaker with his arm and running ability. It's hard to read too much from the last game because it became lopsided so early and Locker barely had to throw the ball (although still tossing 2 TDs). In his last full game before getting hurt, he put up 378 passing and a pair of scores and another 35 on the ground.

For Vick and Big Ben owners hurting at QB right now, Locker is at least a respectable plug-and-play with major upside.

here's hoping that he makes jared cook fantasy relevant again. Hass rarely looked his way...

Anyone else feel like OC Chris Palmer's firing will be a good thing for Locker and the rest of the Tennessee O? Always sounded like Palmer's run n shoot was too complicated for this personnel group, and the game might open up a bit for Locker if the playbook is simplified and streamlined under Loggains.

Drunk Kerry Collins thinks so:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/28/what-might-be-different-under-loggains/

Anyone else feel like OC Chris Palmer's firing will be a good thing for Locker and the rest of the Tennessee O? Always sounded like Palmer's run n shoot was too complicated for this personnel group, and the game might open up a bit for Locker if the playbook is simplified and streamlined under Loggains.

I think Tennessee's receivers making a couple of plays for him will help Locker more than any coaching change. He lost 2 apparent TD passes last week when receivers failed to get both feet in on very make-able plays. Otherwise, we're talking about a big 300 yard, 3 TD game for Locker last week.