Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Throwing the last game to get the best matchup for playoffs

Kosher?

or

Family punch-worthy?

6 teams in the playoffs. Let's just say the 5th seed is dramatically worse than the 6th seed.

5th seed currently on a 4 game losing streak, just lost Gronk. Ridley and Eli Manning aren't exactly hot right now.

6th seed hot as hell. 6 game winning streak. Climbed back thanks to RG3, Dez, and making some great moves on the FA market.

Kosher?

or

Family punch-worthy?

6 teams in the playoffs. Let's just say the 5th seed is dramatically worse than the 6th seed.

5th seed currently on a 4 game losing streak, just lost Gronk. Ridley and Eli Manning aren't exactly hot right now.

6th seed hot as hell. 6 game winning streak. Climbed back thanks to RG3, Dez, and making some great moves on the FA market.

If green US dollars are at stake, than all is fair!!1!

Give YOURSELF the best chance to snag the prize, stuff the rest of 'em all to hell !!1!

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!

Nothing wrong with it, but fantasy is so completely random that you will likely get blown out by what you thought was the weaker team.

I have done it twice over a long fantasy career, and will never do it again. Was blown up both times by the BAD team that I wanted to play. I would not recommend it.

A guy in my league called me out this week on the leagues radio show. Said of my team, "I know he's got the best record, but I hate his team. He has like the 5th or 6th best roster." and then he said he hopes I "flame out" and miss the playoffs. Later in the smacktalk I asked him why he would want me to miss the playoffs if my team was so bad (in sig) and he said, "You're right! I hope you win and play me in the first round for a guaranteed road to the championship game."

I was like: :shocking:

It's almost like he's trying to jinx himself.

FYI - I beat him heads up week 4.

I have done it twice over a long fantasy career, and will never do it again. Was blown up both times by the BAD team that I wanted to play. I would not recommend it.

I've never done it, but I've seen it done before and it did not work. Hmmm, I wonder if somebody will throw a game so they can play me?

Just my two pennies

This. FF Karma is a b!tch.

Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning, but I agree with everyone else. Karma is a b1tch who has no heart.

I've never done it, but I've seen it done before and it did not work. Hmmm, I wonder if somebody will throw a game so they can play me?

Just my two pennies

No kidding. I would highly recommend that people throw their games to play me! My team is far worse than the teams behind me in the standings.

Think about it this way..

Let's say you do throw the last game and get the matchup you want. Sure, everything looks good on paper, but this is fantasy football, where anything can (and usually does) happen!

How are you going to feel when you lose that game? Even worse, how are you going to feel when you realize you would have beaten the other guy that you were afraid to play? Even worse still, how are you going to feel when you look at the bracket and realize you would have won the championship if you didn't over-think everything?

Just something to think about ;)

you should always play to win. you may be over thinkin the play-offs. That said, your not evil if you do.

Thanks for the opinions everyone.

I think the consensus is that this is not illegal or against the rules, but could easily backfire.

Kosher?

or

Family punch-worthy?

I was 5-8 with a shitty team a few years ago. I made the playoffs due to divisional seating and made it all the way to the championship game. I actually would have won had i started crabtree instead of vjax. You never know man.

...these things often work out differently than you'd anticipate.

This may be the most profound quote I've ever read on this board. If there was a FF handbook, this should be on page 1.