Sign in to follow this  
montana

Championship shampionship. Blah.

Just finalized a deal with the other owner who's in the Big Game where we combine the prize $ & split it 50/50. Otherwise it would have been 75/25 split. It's kind of anti-climatic but makes sense financially for us (especially for me, I think he'd wax me).

Any one else do this?

Wasn't even brought up to me by the other owner and I'm not going to bring it up to him. If you think you'd get beaten by a ton then it's not a bad idea. I should beat this guy so I'll take my chances.

If the pots are big enough....fine

If not play it out

If the pots are big enough....fine

If not play it out

$500 each.

$500 each.

I could see doing that but perhaps throw in extra 50 to winner so you are still playing for soemthing

Hope your team has it's highest scoring week of the season and you spend the off season thinking about the $250 you gave away.

I could see doing that but perhaps throw in extra 50 to winner so you are still playing for soemthing

While I personally wouldn't partake in splitting the pot, this suggestion would atleast ensure you're still playing for something. Otherwise there's no excitement in the biggest game of the year.

Agree with TwentyFourSeven...if you have unfavorable matchups, I guess take the deal. Otherwise, I would hope no one relies on FF winnings as expected income so take a chance and go for it all.

With that said, if you are perhaps offered a deal from the opposing manager, and refuse the offer (for whatever your reasons may be), you are doomed and will undoubtedly lose the game. Guaranteed.

1356232906[/url]' post='4933546']

Agree with TwentyFourSeven...if you have unfavorable matchups, I guess take the deal. Otherwise, I would hope no one relies on FF winnings as expected income so take a chance and go for it all.

With that said, if you are perhaps offered a deal from the opposing manager, and refuse the offer (for whatever your reasons may be), you are doomed and will undoubtedly lose the game. Guaranteed.

I hope you are right. I showed my opponent that we were projected to tie, and offered to chop and he refused. Apparently he'd rather flip a coin for a grand. Focking doosh, I really hope it focks him.

1356234610[/url]' post='4933565']

It never occurred to me to offer to chop the pot. Then again I have testicles. :thumbsup:

It's called reducing variance. It makes a lot of sense, if you have a brain.

I hope you are right. I showed my opponent that we were projected to tie, and offered to chop and he refused. Apparently he'd rather flip a coin for a grand. Focking doosh, I really hope it focks him.

Congratulations in advance...

Oh wait, now you may be doomed... Obviuosly, because I have congratulated you before the outcome of your game has been determined.

I have said too much. Um, Good Luck?

It's called reducing variance. It makes a lot of sense, if you have a brain.

If you are in it 100% for the money, then I agree. If you have the teeniest, tiniest interest in competition, then you are a poosay. HTH.

Actually while being anti-climatic, it's a relief & I can enjoy the games & the holidays w/o beating the wife as a stress reducer.

:cheers:

i'd have to be taking home at least a grand to even consider splitting the pot. even then, why did I invest some time each week into various leagues to make it to the big game and then be anticlimactic and remove the element of competition?

i guess if i was really down on my luck and really needed any cash i could get my hands on, I would want to split but fantasy winnings, for me, are just found money that I might use to buy myself a new golf club or something.

Hope your team has it's highest scoring week of the season and you spend the off season thinking about the $250 you gave away.

Chump change.

This. :wall:

Who cares about the money.....it's all about the "rings" people.

If splittin' will help out my opponent then fine but I still want to win.

Who cares about the money.....it's all about the "rings" people.

If splittin' will help out my opponent then fine but I still want to win.

I'd still get the title if W

I used to compete in a lot of tournaments and this was a very common thing to do, especially if your tourney opponent was someone you trained with. People would complain sometimes and it'd be kind of obvious that sometimes people weren't taking the finals seriously (why injure yourself?) but everything always got paid out anyway.

In something like fantasy football which is pretty much completely luck, it makes even more sense.

I used to compete in a lot of tournaments and this was a very common thing to do, especially if your tourney opponent was someone you trained with. People would complain sometimes and it'd be kind of obvious that sometimes people weren't taking the finals seriously (why injure yourself?) but everything always got paid out anyway.

Gymnastics?

If you are saying who cares about the money you want the championship.

Well...........

This guy can still win the championship, his payout is simply reduced.

He has not forfeited the game and still gets the "ring" or bragging rights if he win.

So those complaining about him worrying about money....are actually worried about the money.

Set your lineup, enjoy the games, enjoy your guaranteed winning either way. I fail to see how this is less manly.

to each his own i guess.

you are correct, he can still "win" but to me it just feels different when the competing owners have agreed to split the pot. Feels like there is less at stake. I always want to beat my opponent and take his money regardless of how much it is. The amount doesn't matter to me but it's fun to leave them feeling like they really lost.

i guess if it was a good friend I wouldnt mind splitting

FWIW: Lost by 9.

Well there we have it, I would have done same