Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

For those playing Playoff FF

Which wildcard teams are going to play 2 games and possibly 3+? Just wondering if any players playing Sat are worth drafting. Our playoff league doesn't change rosters each week. You choose your team and stick with 'em the entire NFL playoffs.

Which players (QB, RB, WR, TE, K) do you think will tear it up in the postseason?

I usually try to avoid players playing wild card weekend. Sure they make it to the bowl sometimes, but it's rare

I played in a 10 teamer last year, I picked the last QB and tight end and got Alex Smith and Vernon Davis.

I won with no guys going to super bowl.

That being said.. the QB from the seattle/wash matchup could score a lot of points if you pick the winner.

The Wild Card projections / rankings are posted. I'll have the Full Playoff Rankings available on the site later this afternoon but I'm liking Seattle to play at least two games and agree with edjr, picking the right winner of the SEA/WAS game could go a long way in determining your success in any playoff league.

Which wildcard teams are going to play 2 games and possibly 3+? Just wondering if any players playing Sat are worth drafting. Our playoff league doesn't change rosters each week. You choose your team and stick with 'em the entire NFL playoffs.

Which players (QB, RB, WR, TE, K) do you think will tear it up in the postseason?

4 teams I'll try to get players from....Green Bay and Seattle in the NFC. Denver and New England in the AFC.

Yeah, I like A. Rodgers. I'm thinking he'll play 2 games for sure. Maybe even pull an Eli and go from Wildcard to Superbowl. :headbanger:

Who does SEA/WAS play the following week?

• Highest-seeded wild-card winner at No. 2 San Francisco 49ers
  • Lowest-seeded wild-card winner at No. 1 Atlanta Falcons

So, the winner of Seattle (#5) and Washington (#4) is likley to play Atlanta provided Minnesota (#6) loses to Green Bay (#3).

Yeah, I like A. Rodgers. I'm thinking he'll play 2 games for sure. Maybe even pull an Eli and go from Wildcard to Superbowl. :headbanger:

Or just pull an Aaron Rodgers & go from Wildcard to Superbowl. It happened 2 years ago.

I did an 8-team draft last night. Drafted from the #2 spot. Didn't stick to my normal strategy of targeting a certain couple teams so that may hurt me but here it is.

QB: A. Rodgers

RB: M. Lynch

RB: A. Morris

WR/TE: AJ Green

WR/TE: A. Hernandez

WR/TE: B. Stokley

K: CIN

DEF: Denver

Flex: A. Luck

Drafted a lot of wildcard players & guaranteed my running back position at least 2 games out of one of them. If Green Bay, Cincinnati & Indy all win this weekend, I like my chances.

Got a draft tonight (6 pts for all TD's). Don't know where I'll pick yet.

-It's impossible for me to stay away from Rodgers if I get the 1st pick since he's playing this weekend and Brady/Peyton are not. Chance at 4 games.

-2nd would be either Brady or Peyton without a doubt. I believe NE and Denver are the elite in the AFC and both QB's will get at least 2 games. The trick is to pick the one who will defeat the other.

-The more I think about it the more I may choose to stay away from Washington/Seattle players. I think that game is a coin toss and I'd rather go with guys I feel have a better chance at 2 games.

-If I don't get a top 3 pick, and miss out on Rodgers/Brady/Manning, I'm not sure what I'll choose to do. I'll have to hitch a ride with a team I think will make a run. I'm having a hard time believing in Matty Ice.

-I'm afraid I think Peterson is 1 and done.

-Lynch is solid but again I think that game with Washington is a coin flip.

-See above for thoughts on Morris.

-Moreno is an interesting choice but a total gamble.

-Foster is a good pick for 2 games. No more though.

-I'm hoping to steal Gronkowski with guys thinking he won't be that affective in the playoffs.

I run a different playoff pool - must take one player from every team:

QB (2) = Manning, Ryan

RB (3) = Lynch, Foster, Rice

WR (4) = Jennings, Garcon, Hilton, Green

TE (1) = Gronk

K (1) = Walsh

D/ST (1) = 49ers

Got a draft tonight (6 pts for all TD's). Don't know where I'll pick yet.

-It's impossible for me to stay away from Rodgers if I get the 1st pick since he's playing this weekend and Brady/Peyton are not. Chance at 4 games.

-2nd would be either Brady or Peyton without a doubt. I believe NE and Denver are the elite in the AFC and both QB's will get at least 2 games. The trick is to pick the one who will defeat the other.

-The more I think about it the more I may choose to stay away from Washington/Seattle players. I think that game is a coin toss and I'd rather go with guys I feel have a better chance at 2 games.

-If I don't get a top 3 pick, and miss out on Rodgers/Brady/Manning, I'm not sure what I'll choose to do. I'll have to hitch a ride with a team I think will make a run. I'm having a hard time believing in Matty Ice.

-I'm afraid I think Peterson is 1 and done.

-Lynch is solid but again I think that game with Washington is a coin flip.

-See above for thoughts on Morris.

-Moreno is an interesting choice but a total gamble.

-Foster is a good pick for 2 games. No more though.

-I'm hoping to steal Gronkowski with guys thinking he won't be that affective in the playoffs.

Good points JB. Peyton went #1 overall so my choice at #2 boiled down between Rodgers or Brady since our league is also 6 points for all touchdowns. I went with Rodgers since the chance at 4 games is a huge advantage & the NFC is a toss up for who gets in the SuperBowl. My initial thoughts are a Denver vs. Green Bay SuperBowl but unfortunately my league mates thought the same. Chose better players on teams I don't think will go far but should score well when they do play instead of lesser players whom I predict go to the SuperBowl.

I had a 10 team draft last night (just $30 a man) that I wasn't too thrilled with. I got stuck with what I feel is the worst pick, the #4 pick. After Rodgers, Manning, and Brady I really am not thrilled with any of the QB's available. I like Denver to go to the Super Bowl, and since this is a PPR league, I went with Demaryius Thomas.

QB- Joe Flacco

RB- Danny Woodhead

WR- Demaryius Thomas

WR- Greg Jennings

Flex- Aaron Hernandez

Flex- Brandon Stokley

K- Mason Crosby

IDP- Brad Jones

Nothing after me went as planned. Ryan, Wilson, RG3, Lynch, Decker, Moreno, Peterson, Welker, Gronk, Julio, Roddy, Foster all went. My only chance is for Flacco to play at least 2 games and put up some nice stat lines, then get a Packers vs Broncos/Pats Super Bowl and have my guys not get blown away by Rodgers, Manning, Brady, etc. I don't like my chances.

I have another draft with a little higher buyin tonight which I hope goes much better.

I've just posted Doug's playoff fantasy football column "Road to the Super Bowl". He's liking Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers...

Haven't read it yet but I will. I'm interested as to why he'd believe Wilson in Washington is a safer bet than Rodgers at home vs Minnesota. Green Bay is a lock this weekend and Seattle could very well be 1 and done.

Haven't read it yet but I will. I'm interested as to why he'd believe Wilson in Washington is a safer bet than Rodgers at home vs Minnesota. Green Bay is a lock this weekend and Seattle could very well be 1 and done.

It's for the entirety of the playoffs, not just this weekend.

It's for the entirety of the playoffs, not just this weekend.

I realize that. I'm saying I'd rather gamble on Rodgers for the playoffs than Wilson. I think Rodgers has an auto-win in the first game vs the coin flip of Wilson. You can't go on in the playoffs unless you win and I feel safer with Rodgers vs Wilson.

I've just posted Doug's playoff fantasy football column "Road to the Super Bowl". He's liking Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers...

Isn't Seattle the worst road team in the playoffs? Now they go across the country to play a game vs the hottest team in the NFL, in the freezing cold. In front of a bunch of rabid, win-starved fans.

I can't see Wilson winning 1 road game, much less 2 or 3

:dunno:

Isn't Seattle the worst road team in the playoffs? Now they go across the country to play a game vs the hottest team in the NFL, in the freezing cold. In front of a bunch of rabid, win-starved fans.

I can't see Wilson winning 1 road game, much less 2 or 3

:dunno:

I think Seattle is the most talented team in the NFC. But this is what scares me about them.

I think Seattle is the most talented team in the NFC. But this is what scares me about them.

I'm with you. So since this is easily the toughest game to pick the winner in, I think it's nuts to take Wilson as the #1 fantasy QB.

1) Rodgers

2) Manning

2a) Brady

:thumbsup:

I'm with you. So since this is easily the toughest game to pick the winner in, I think it's nuts to take Wilson as the #1 fantasy QB.

1) Rodgers

2) Manning

2a) Brady

:thumbsup:

Agreed. The 4th spot is where you can put Wilson or whoever else you think can make a run. Best candidates are probably Ryan, Kaepernick, or Wilson. I just don't like Flacco or Schaub much in the AFC. I have a hard time seeing Denver or New England losing their first game.

I 2nd that! I would not touch Russell Wilson as my QB. However, I suppose he could be the guy that someone else nabs who wins him the title.

Personally, and I know I'm not going out on a limb here, but I think you basically have to choose between Matty Ice/Rodgers and Brady/Manning at QB. So it actually will prolly come down to the other skill players you draft that no one else drafts that make/break you. Jacquizz? Turner? Garcon? B. Lloyd? Woodhead? Jordy? Stokely? Etc.

We're doing a one and done fantasy playoff. New line up each week. Can't play a guy more than once. This week's line up.

QB - Rodgers GB

RB - Peterson Min

RB - Foster Hou

WR - AJ Green Cin

WR - TY Hilton Ind

TE - Pitta Bal

K - Tucker Bal

In a playoff pool where you can only pick 1 player from each of the 12 playoff teams. But must have roster that has 3 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, ! TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF. You don't change roster after each round. Your stuck with what you start with.

Still haven't decided what strategy i'll go with

Ugh, not excited at all. I did not draw an early pick so I missed out on the big 3 QB's. Decided to gamble with Wilson, because I had to go with someone who could make a run. Tough draft, the best were gone quickly.

Heavy TD scoring, all TD's 6 pts, start 2 WR/TE per weekend.

QB - Wilson

RB - Lynch, Woodhead

WR/TE - J Nelson, Gronkowski, A Hernandez, S Rice

D - NE

K - Crosby

Dead man walking. :wave:

In my league our Playoff format requires us to keep one player from our team. I have Gronk.

T. Gonzalez

A. Rodgers

Andre Johnson

G. Jennings

T. Brady

Randall Cobb

Rob Gronkowski

A. Foster

Julio Jones

Matt Ryan

M. Lynch

The lineup I intend on submitting tonight is

Wilson

Moreno

Ridley/ I can swap him for a WR or TE havent decided for sure

Decker

D Thomas

W Welker

Gronk

Gostkowski

I did another draft Thursday, 6 team PPR. 1st pick.

QB: P.Manning

QB: Flacco

RB: M. Lynch

RB: S. Ridley

WR/TE: W. Welker

WR/TE: J. Nelson

WR/TE: B. Lloyd

Flex: D. Woodhead

K: M. Prater

K: S. Gostkowski

DEF: Green Bay

DEF: Indy

I like this team. If there's a GB vs. SEA NFC Championship game & a DEN vs. NE AFC Championship game, this team is golden.

One of my local cash leagues(12 team)has our play-offs with the NFL Play-Offs,top 6 reg season teams get to keep any play-off players already rostered and then we draft from the bottom 6 teams at $5 per player.This years squad for me is

Joe Flacco

Colin Kapernick

Marshawn Lynch

DuJuan Harris

Bernard pierce

LaMichael James

Owen Daniels

Vernon Davis

Randall Cobb

Donnie Avery

Andre Johnson

Julio Jones

Michael Crabtree

Shayne Graham

Adam Vinaterri

Billy Cundiff

Vikings

Patriots

Broncos

Jim Harbaugh

We start 1 qb,2 rb,3 wr,1 te,1 k,i def/st and 1 coach plus 1 flex at rb,wr or te

We're doing a one and done fantasy playoff. New line up each week. Can't play a guy more than once. This week's line up.

QB - Rodgers GB

RB - Peterson Min

RB - Foster Hou

WR - AJ Green Cin

WR - TY Hilton Ind

TE - Pitta Bal

K - Tucker Bal

Hard to see anybody NOT picking Andre Johnson as a starter this week. I think Hilton is your only mistake here. Also, believe it or not, I am taking Lynch over Peterson.

Ugh, not excited at all. I did not draw an early pick so I missed out on the big 3 QB's. Decided to gamble with Wilson, because I had to go with someone who could make a run. Tough draft, the best were gone quickly.

Heavy TD scoring, all TD's 6 pts, start 2 WR/TE per weekend.

QB - Wilson

RB - Lynch, Woodhead

WR/TE - J Nelson, Gronkowski, A Hernandez, S Rice

D - NE

K - Crosby

Dead man walking. :wave:

Hmmm. Not dead yet. Nobody had a big game except Lynch but everyone on my roster will still be playing next week.

My 3 starting rb's were DuJuan Harris,Bernard Pierce and Lynch plus I had Flacco,nice start but a long way to go.