Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

The 2013 Dynasty Q & A thread

How's it going MFM? I am curious why you traded away Forte for Cruz? Is this a ppr league? If so Forte is pretty reliable when healthy. Am I correct in assuming you want to capitalize on Cruz needing to prove he is worth WR1 money? It's not Cruz I have little faith in, it's Eli.

No this is my only non-PPR league.

Looking at the comparative stats over the last few years on a non PPR basis, and taking into account the shelf life of WRs vs RBs, I thought everything favored making this trade. I picked up the 3.05 (25th player in the draft). Yes I own Nicks, but if he's hurt (when hasn't he been), I've got the other guy in a significantly pass first offense. The fact that we can start up to 4 WRs and 2 (or 3) RBs also factored into my decision. I also own the 1.01, which means first dibs at the best RB available.

I see this as a much better trade than people are giving me credit for. Much will depend on what i can get when I draft at 3.05.

Cutting Romo for Ryan would have been a problem? I don't think it's that big of a problem.

Ryan is not a big enough upgrade from Romo (league does not penalize turnovers) to justify giving up a first round pick

Doing a dynasty startup draft in about a week and I'm wondering where everyone thinks Crabtree should go now?

DND for me. There are plenty of receivers to choose from that dont have achilles injuries.

I'm late to the ball park here, but from another point of view. (Consolidated)

I'd much rather have Romo and 1.10 than Ryan.

Because of league rules. Yes Ryan for 2.09 was low, but I've been on this end before myself. When your making moves, and you have to get something for someone in order for the bigger picture to unfold, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

I hope that pick comes through for you.

I'm also gonna be on MFM's side on the cruz trade, because it's not ppr. And he's using his 1.01 over all to replace Forte.

It's really new rb,Cruz,3.05 pick for Forte. So I think this is O.K. I also like the fact that he's got Nicks too. From a depth issue, it seems pretty schrewd.

Crabtree would be a DNR for me. He was pompus,arrogant jerk coming out of college. He showed the nfl owed him something instead of the other way around once he was in the league. Then he only put up 1 good year for the 9ers. I don't care about systems, or coaches, or qb's. But when it comes to WR's. For that position, if you got the goods and your heads on straight, you'll produce no matter what. Now he's damaged goods.

If I'm gonna take a risk hurt players, but guys I know can produce and have a better frame of mind. It'll be on kids like Ryan Broyels or Keenan Allen.

Here are the trades. Yes, if you only consider the quality of players, I did not improve my team. I did give up some stud players to get more quality depth than the other teams in the league. And I felt that the Ryan trade was necessary, because I didn't have keeper room for more than one QB. I'm still trying to trade Cutler or Tannehill, but getting no takers.

Since this is a combined veteran and rookie draft, the 1st 31 players should all have good value. I now have 6 of those picks, while almost every other owner only has two or three. If I draft smartly, with some luck that should equate to a 3 player advantage in depth.

Bone Collector gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.09

TX Hippie Coalition gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB

TX Hippie Coalition gave up Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Shepherd gave up Garcon, Pierre WAS WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.06

TX Hippie Coalition gave up Forte, Matt CHI RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 8.01

The Druids gave up Cruz, Victor NYG WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.05

TX Hippie Coalition gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.01

Under New Management gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.07

TX Hippie Coalition gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.01

Shepherd gave up James, LaMichael SFO RB

Obviously my strategy is different than WhiteWonder's and comes with perhaps a greater element of risk.

Fair enough. You obviously know what you are doing and know your league better than I do. On face value, the only trade I really like is the Frank Gore trade. A lot of that has to do with the fact I don't like this rookie class much at all. So your draft essentially starts in the 11th round of a redraft league (plus rookies). Then again, I know that one team is loaded, so maybe they are cutting some players that add even more value to your draft.

I'm just a win now type of guy. I probably would of made the Gore trade, then kept Ryan, Kaep, Forte, Gore, A.Brown, J.Jones, D.Thomas, Nicks, Vernon Davis, and Maclin or Stewart. Then drafted Montee Ball or Le'veon Bell with my 1.01. Just personal preference. Dynasty/keeper leagues are great because there are so many ways to win and/or build a longer term contender. Good luck.

Fair enough. You obviously know what you are doing and know your league better than I do. On face value, the only trade I really like is the Frank Gore trade. A lot of that has to do with the fact I don't like this rookie class much at all. So your draft essentially starts in the 11th round of a redraft league (plus rookies). Then again, I know that one team is loaded, so maybe they are cutting some players that add even more value to your draft.

I'm just a win now type of guy. I probably would of made the Gore trade, then kept Ryan, Kaep, Forte, Gore, A.Brown, J.Jones, D.Thomas, Nicks, Vernon Davis, and Maclin or Stewart. Then drafted Montee Ball or Le'veon Bell with my 1.01. Just personal preference. Dynasty/keeper leagues are great because there are so many ways to win and/or build a longer term contender. Good luck.

Honestly, I'm not sure about some of these deals myself. For sure, I did overpay for LaMichael James (for 5.01) in a 10 team non-ppr. The other owner would have most likely cut him and i will probably have to do the same. Most of the rest of the trades are pretty close choices. I'm known as an owner that other owners can do a reasonable deal with (White Wonder and CStriker might dispute that sometimes). I'm not the kind that has to feel that I 'won' every trade, So that image does give me more trade opportunities, and I occasionally get the itch to pull the trigger on some that I wish that i could take back..

I would agree that mfm os a veru fair negotiator. As a trader, I need to feel that my team is improving in any trade I do. I like to make sure both sides are gaining something but my philosophy on trades is that I will never trade simply for the sake of trading.

Thay said, he is being completely unreasonable in his unwillingness to give me julio jones

I would agree that mfm os a veru fair negotiator. As a trader, I need to feel that my team is improving in any trade I do. I like to make sure both sides are gaining something but my philosophy on trades is that I will never trade simply for the sake of trading.

Thay said, he is being completely unreasonable in his unwillingness to give me julio jones

There is a man by the name of craig in zealots that has been particularly difficult to pry julio from.

I put this out on the Aaron Hernandez thread, but I'll repeat it here: This is beginning to look very serious for Hernandez. I'm just guessing that at minimum he will be charged with accessory to a homicide very shortly. I've been following twitter feeds, especially from Ted Daniel of Fox 25 in Boston:

New reports coming out allege that Hernandez was in fact the driver of the vehicle in question. Reports say Hernandez and three others took the car out.

LAW SOURCE: 4 men together in vehicle. Only 3 return to Aaron Hernandez's home. Odin Lloyd NOT one of them.

Fox 25 reports the murder is "drug related, specifically marijuana."

Spin Zone says it appears the police are compiling a large amount of evidence that will allow them to quickly take action in the next week or so, if not the next few days.

Personally, if I owned Hernandez in any dynasty leagues (I don't), I would not be holding, I'd be a fast seller while he still has some perceived value. And no, I'm not trying to buy him cheap for one of my teams.

Just my opinion.

Standard scoring no ppr. I can keep 6 players with no limit on how long we can keep them. Currently keeping 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR. I would like to get younger, but team is built to win now. I'm looking to add one player to my team for a flex these are all guys available for trade. Who do you like and how would you rank them? This is how I have them ranked

1 Andre Johnson

2 Percy Harvin

3 Chris Johnson

4 Ryan Mathews

5 Tony Gonzalez - currently my 6th keeper

6 Reggie Wayne

7 Rashard Mendenhall

Standard scoring no ppr. I can keep 6 players with no limit on how long we can keep them. Currently keeping 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR. I would like to get younger, but team is built to win now. I'm looking to add one player to my team for a flex these are all guys available for trade. Who do you like and how would you rank them? This is how I have them ranked

1 Andre Johnson

2 Percy Harvin

3 Chris Johnson

4 Ryan Mathews

5 Tony Gonzalez - currently my 6th keeper

6 Reggie Wayne

7 Rashard Mendenhall

Harvin is who I'd keep for the flex by a long shot. Followed by AJ/CJ/TG/RM/RW/RM

I wouldn't keep Tony G at the loss of Harvin, but idk what other TEs are available in the league.

Is T. Suggs a bad or overlooked IDP fantasywise? I'm mid draft right now and there have been many IDPs taken before him.

Thanks for advice on an earlier post. I grabbed Lattimore with an 11th round pick for a taxi squad in a start up

• Like 1

Now that the Fat Bastards Rookie draft is over http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=13124&O=17 I feel free to share my personal dynasty rookie draft board (unlike the actual draft - shown farther below - this two round ranking includes all rookie picks and does NOT include college players:

My pre-draft board including all 2013 rookies including those drafted last year** through two rounds with tiers:

Tier 1
1.01 Austin WR
1.02 Patterson WR
1.03 M Ball RB**
1.04 Bernard RB**
1.05 L Bell RB
1.06 Hopkins WR
1.07 Allen WR**
Tier 2
1.08 Franklin RB
1.09 Wheaton WR
1.10 Lacy RB **
1.11 Lattimore RB** - This is a dynasty league and I feel he’s worth a shot about here
1.12 Woods WR**
2.01 Stacy RB
2.02 Kelce TE
2.03 Michael RB
2.04 Eifert TE
Tier 3
2.05 Bailey WR
2.06 Da'rick Rogers
2.07 Hunter WR**
2.08 Dobson WR
2.09 Patton WR
2.10 McDonald TE
2.11 Boyce WR
2.12 T Williams WR
Geno Smith , Zach Ertz, Marquis Wilson* and EJ Manuel were not included on my 2-round board.
Here is the ACTUAL rookie/developmental draft, which excluded 2013 rookies that were drafted in 2012, but included 12 2014 college developmental picks:
2014 college players taken as Developmentals are marked by an askerisk*
1.01 Marquis Lee* WR

1.02 L Bell RB
1.03 T Austin WR
1.04 Lache Seastrunk* RB
1.05 D Hopkins WR
1.06 A Seferain-Jenkins* TE
1.07 C Patterson WR (wow, how far he fell)
1.08 T Eifert TE
1.09 J Franklin WR (this was my 1st pick
1.10 Sammy Watkins* WR
1.11 Dante Moncrief* WR
1.12 T Kelce TE
2.01 Z Stacy RB
2.02 C Michael RB
2.03 M Wheaton WR (I traded down from 1.12 and still got the guy i wanted)
2.04 Brandon Coleman* WR ( I gave up 3.01 and 3.02 to get Jeremy Kerley, but mainly so I could get this pick to draft Coleman before he went to some other team. This was my 3rd and final pick)
2.05 M Gillislee RB
2.06 Teddy Bridgewater* QB
2.07 J Boyce WR
2.08 DeAnthony Thomas* RB
2.09 Z Ertz TE
2.10 A Dobson WR
2.11 Ka'Deem Carey*
2.12 Colt Lyeria* TE -- This is a 1.5 ppr TE premium league)
3.01 Ray Graham RB
3.02 S Bailey WR (nice pick at this spot)
3.03 Bishop Sankey*RB
3.04 Mike Evans* WR
3.05 T Williams WR
3.06 D Robinson RB
3.08 Latavius Murray* RB
3.09 and 3.10 - picks skipped by rule
3.11 C Thompson RB
3.12 K Thompkins WR
4.01 - 4.06 - picks skipped by rule
4.08 J Reed TE
4.09-4.12 - picks skipped by rule

Summarizing my picks: Franklin at 1.09, Wheaton at 2.03, and a college developmental, Brandon Coleman at 2.04. I also acquired Jerome Kerley as part of the trade that got me 2.04 (I gave up 3.01 and 3.02). I was very happy with my draft picks based on where I was picking from.

Enjoy and discuss.

We did this draft back in May in my experts' dynasty league. I was really pleased with who I came away with, esp. considering I spent most of the late 2nd and early 3rd trying to trade up for Robinson. Cameron was a gift.

1.01 JunkyardJake.com Austin, Tavon STL WR

1.02 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

1.03 Bruno Boys Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

1.04 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

1.05 Fantasy Sharks Ball, Montee DEN RB

1.06 FantasyFootballStarters.com Franklin, Johnathan GBP RB

1.07 Fantasy Sharks Lacy, Eddie GBP RB

1.08 FFToday Lattimore, Marcus SFO RB

1.09 Fantasy Football Xtreme Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR

1.10 FantasyFootballCalculator Allen, Keenan SDC WR

1.11 DraftCalc.com Stacy, Zac STL RB

1.12 FantasyTaz.com Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

2.01 JunkyardJake.com Hunter, Justin TEN WR

2.02 Fantasy Sharks Michael, Christine SEA RB

2.03 Bruno Boys Woods, Robert BUF WR

2.04 Fantasy Sharks Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

2.05 FantasyTaz.com Wheaton, Markus PIT WR

2.06 FantasyFootballStarters.com Randle, Joseph DAL RB 2

2.07 Fantasy Sharks Bailey, Stedman STL WR 2

2.08 Fantasy Sharks Gillislee, Mike MIA RB

2.09 Fantasy Football Xtreme Ertz, Zach PHI TE

2.10 Fantasy Sharks Murray, Latavius OAK RB

2.11 Fantasy Sharks Smith, Geno NYJ QB

2.12 Dynasty League Football (Jarrett) Kelce, Travis KCC TE

3.01 JunkyardJake.com Wilson, Tyler OAK QB

3.02 Fantasy Sharks Rogers, Da'Rick BUF WR

3.03 Bruno Boys Manuel, E.J. BUF QB

3.04 FFToday Robinson, Denard JAC RB

3.05 FantasyFootballCalculator Williams, Kerwynn IND RB

3.06 FantasyFootballStarters.com Taylor, Stepfan ARI RB

3.07 Fantasy Sharks Ellington, Andre ARI RB

3.08 FFToday Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

3.09 Fantasy Football Xtreme Williams, Terrance DAL WR

3.10 FantasyTaz.com Myers, Brandon NYG TE

3.11 Fantasy Sharks Barkley, Matt PHI QB

3.12 Fantasy Sharks Reed, Jordan WAS TE

4.01 JunkyardJake.com Timer Expired

4.02 Fantasy Sharks Davis, Knile KCC RB

4.03 Bruno Boys Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def

4.04 FantasyTaz.com Bell, Joique DET RB 4

.05 FantasyTaz.com Timer Expired

4.06 FantasyFootballStarters.com Swope, Ryan ARI WR

4.07 Dynasty League Football (Jarrett) Boyce, Josh NEP WR

4.08 FFToday Johnson, Charles GBP WR

4.09 Fantasy Football Xtreme Patton, Quinton SFO WR

4.10 Footballguys.com (Chris Smith) Timer Expired

4.11 Footballguys.com (Chris Smith) Timer Expired

4.12 Dynasty League Football (Jarrett) Harper, Chris SEA WR

FFToday members have just about wrapped up a startup dynasty draft. I guess it follows bylaws similar to the ones used in MFM's dynasty leagues. 3 year contracts to promote trade-a-holics. PPR scoring. Here is a link to the league rosters as the draft winds down.

ROSTERS

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=65351&O=07

and for the draft as it unfolded

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=65351&O=17

most of the team names don't reflect who the poster is. sorry

FFToday members have just about wrapped up a startup dynasty draft. I guess it follows bylaws similar to the ones used in MFM's dynasty leagues. 3 year contracts to promote trade-a-holics. PPR scoring. Here is a link to the league rosters as the draft winds down.

ROSTERS

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=65351&O=07

and for the draft as it unfolded

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=65351&O=17

most of the team names don't reflect who the poster is. sorry

I'd be most interested in any feedback the forearm would like to provide :)

Shepherd's roster looks awesome ;)

Bradford, Sam STL QB - 11 Manning, Peyton DEN QB - 9 Ball, Montee DEN RB - 9 Forte, Matt CHI RB - 8 Foster, Arian HOU RB (P) - 8 Greene, Shonn TEN RB - 8 Hardesty, Montario CLE RB - 10 Leshoure, Mikel DET RB (P) - 9 Stacy, Zac STL RB - 11 Austin, Miles DAL WR - 11 Dobson, Aaron NEP WR - 10 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 9 Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR - 5 Jones, James GBP WR - 4 Manningham, Mario SFO WR (Q) - 9 Streater, Rod OAK WR - 7 Thompson, Deonte BAL WR - 8 Keller, Dustin MIA TE - 6 Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE - 9 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def - 5 20 Total Players Taxi Squad Barkley, Matt PHI QB - 12 Barner, Kenjon CAR RB - 4 Cadet, Travaris NOS RB - 7 Escobar, Gavin DAL TE

Now that the draft is over I can look at my team and try to make sense of the chaos.

I tried to blend together a little bit of both aged and young. This was my very first dynasty draft and at times I defied convention. I skipped wrs entirely because as deep as the position is, people come out of nowhere every season. The biggest example of my belief about that is taking Montee Ball ahead of people like Nicks, Bowe, Garcon, or Welker. Fitzgerald is a solid WR1 at a fraction of the cost of the Dez's, Julios, and AJs. I took Austin late and I can only hope that his hammys are close to 100%. James Jones did put up some good numbers last season with and without Jennings, and hoping for a gem between Dobson, Streator, Hankerson (sorry FBN), Manningham, and Deonte Thompson. Risky, but hopefully worthwhile.

My backs could also hit the proverbial cliff at any point, which isn't reassuring. However, I feel comfortable entering any matchup with Foster and Forte in a PPR setting, particularly this season. The rest of the backs are question marks. Ball, Hardesty, Greene, Leshoure, and Stacy all are an injury away from being the main attraction...as well as being young. Mikel Leshoure is five years younger than Bush. Bush also has only five games this season on true grass, and two of the away games are back to back in November at Soldier Field then Heinz Field ( and I don't consider either ones of those fields anything but hell on earth). Bush missed 20 games due to various injuries, most to his knees and legs while with the Saints, and he attributed it to the FieldTurf. I'm buying Leshoure in every league I can get him, including re-drafts. I'm high on Stacy, but I have my doubts he'll perform well early in the season. He's a guy that I look at taking over late, producing with opportunities, and getting a chance to win the job next season. I could easily taxi him and not think twice, but I want to at least see what happens in the next month.

I like the tight ends, especially Keller. If Tannehill is going to develop as a quarterback, I want a safety net over the middle. And besides, Tannehill's gotta be better than butt-fumble or Geno.

No kicker.

I'm high on Tampa's defense as well. 1st in run defense yds and yds/attempt. They just added Revis and Goldson to the worst pass defense in the league yardage wise but one that still had 18 interceptions. And if nothing else, I'll stream defenses

:dunno:

I also secured an extra 2nd and two 3rd rounders for next season. I like to have building blocks for the future, if even it's just a 3rd rounder or two next year. You never know......

The level of competition in this draft will make winning the championship this year feel like a huge accomplishment. We all did our best to look into the fantasy crystal balls and select every last player thought to significantly contribute this year. I am excited to see who emerges off of the ww to help a team win the championship this year.

Good draft my homies.

The level of competition in this draft will make winning the championship this year feel like a huge accomplishment. We all did our best to look into the fantasy crystal balls and select every last player thought to significantly contribute this year. I am excited to see who emerges off of the ww to help a team win the championship this year.

Good draft my homies.

I really like Mullmaniac's roster right now.

Matt Ryan is a solid #1 QB, and Dalton/Schaub are both great #2 options.

At RB, the duo of Ray Rice and Marshawn Lynch should both be top-10 options. Bush should be close as well.

At WR, Colston, Andre/Steve Johnson, and Wayne should all have good seasons. Old, but solid. Kendall Wright, Jeffrey, and Stephen Hill provide young options for the future after the old guys are done.

TE - Between Owens and Gresham he should have a top-10 TE starter.

He should be one of the strongest teams this year, and has a great shot at winning it all, in my opinion.

you know who really looks studly.. that wolfpack guy!

meh

I have the first pick in a rookie only draft:

QB - D. Brees, Big Ben, M. Flynn

RB - R. Rice, L. McCoy, K. Moreno, M. Hardesty, L. Dunbar, etc...(basically, a bunch of crap)

WR - B. Marshall, M. Colston, R. Randle, M. Sanu, C. Givens, B. Gibson, S. Holmes

With the first pick, do you go Ball (because I have Moreno), Bell or Tavon? I obviously need a RB, but I find it hard to pass up Austin.

BTW - all receptions are .5 pts.

Any thoughts?

not austin. perhaps bernard

Bernard wasn't really on my radar at #1, don't really see him as an every down back, perhaps will have to do some more research. If I had the 3 or 4 pick, then maybe Bernard.

Do yourself a favor and dont draft tavon austin

Didn't Austin have over 200 catches the last two years? Add in some decent rushing totals, and this kid could be a ppr stud. But at .5 pts a catch, not sure I want to draft him, as I don't see too many TD totals. Not too mention he has Bradford and not Brady throwing to him!

I currently have the RB's ranked Ball, Bell, Bernard, will have to see how the first couple weeks shake out.