Sign in to follow this  
Groundhog

Seahawks - Falcons

I'm a Hawks fan, and this game has me worried.

Why? Chris Clemons.

He has been, oftentimes, the ONLY source of pass rush. Not this week. Alan Branch had a big game last week, and Irvin blew up against the Packers in wk3, but for the most part, it's been Clemons.

I would like to believe that Greg Scruggs can step up, or maybe Branch can again be disruptive, but if I'm the Falcons, I run right at Irvin to take away his legs in the 2nd half. Fortunately, the Falcons suck at running the ball. Unfortunately, lately, we can't seem to stop anyone from running the ball. It's a case of the resistable force meeting the movable object.

The best case for Seattle is to get an early lead, make Atlanta abandon the running game, and then Irvin can pin his ears back and away we go.

The worst case for Seattle is Atlanta getting an early lead, taking time off clock running the ball, making our defense get tired, creep up to stop the run, and then Matty Ice hits with a big deep play.

Go Hawks!

From the game's I've seen, Atlanta doesn't have the best pass protection. Which makes it suck even more not having a weapon like Clemons, but I'm sure the coaches are working hard to make up the difference.

I agree Seattle will be in trouble if they allow a 14-0 lead early again.

Running games and defenses travel. Seattle has both a better defense and run game than ATL. That is why many experts all over the country are predicting a Seatle upset. Could the Seahawks still lose? Sure. Any given day. The NFL could have decided it is Atlanta's turn to win as they decided Jerome Bettis needed to go out with a trophy. Anything could happen. The Hawks are playing with house money. Just go out and have fun and let the chips fall where they may. This is a team built to last. If not this year, then next. :thumbsup:

Running games and defenses travel. Seattle has both a better defense and run game than ATL. That is why many experts all over the country are predicting a Seatle upset. Could the Seahawks still lose? Sure. Any given day. The NFL could have decided it is Atlanta's turn to win as they decided Jerome Bettis needed to go out with a trophy. Anything could happen. The Hawks are playing with house money. Just go out and have fun and let the chips fall where they may. This is a team built to last. If not this year, then next. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Is that a guarantee!?!?!?!?

i don't think Seahawk fans are overconfident. they are just rooting for their team and expect them to win. As a fan... you want them to win. I guess Seahawk fans are just more vocal than Falcon fans.

i don't think Seahawk fans are overconfident. they are just rooting for their team and expect them to win. As a fan... you want them to win. I guess Seahawk fans are just more vocal than Falcon fans.

I agree. I don't understand how rooting for and expecting your team to win is some how considered over confidence. I mean this isn't the 2010 team that made the playoffs at 7-9.

Kenneth Arthur over at Field Gulls hit the nail on the head. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol:

Get over yourself. Stop trying to make excuses for a loss already.

Seattle fans blame refs and nfl for all outcomes (except gifts received from nfl like that garbage gb win)

So if the nfl decides all outcomes....why do these latte drinkers even watch the game if its fixed

Flahawker thinks its wwf or wwe whatever it goes by now

In otherwords Seattle only loses when nfl wants them to....otherwise they would be lifetime undefeated

Again their arrogance and ignorance is soooooo glaring.

Never heard "we" fans claim so much conspiracy

The best case for Seattle is to get an early lead, make Atlanta abandon the running game, and then Irvin can pin his ears back and away we go.

The worst case for Seattle is Atlanta getting an early lead, taking time off clock running the ball, making our defense get tired, creep up to stop the run, and then Matty Ice hits with a big deep play.

If the falcons abandon the running game, the rest of the offense is a top 5 QB and 3 top 26 WRs (something like 9,11, and 26 for Gonzo). And many people have said the running game is nonexistent but that's not really true. Turner has lost a bit as the years have gone by but sometimes he produces and many times he produces at the end of games because the D is wearing out (plus they give quizz and snelling carries). Best case for seattle is probably if Lynch has a great game and the D plays like they can. Seahawks are good. I am hoping for a close game (or of course a falcon's blowout but a good seattle team probably won't let that happen, and vice versa meaning a close game). I really think the Falcons D and team are playing better and more focused this year than the past recent years. You know Gonzo wants to get it done. They all do, it just depends on who can stay focused and play error free football.

I think the one aspect of this game that can possibly tilt the game in the favor of the Falcons is the noise inside the Falcons stadium. That place rattled Peyton Manning early in the season. A heavy dose of Marshawn Lynch beating that below average run defense of the Falcons into submission negates the home crowd. SeaHawks grind out a 20-17 win in the dirty south.

Unless NFL decides to give Gonzo a ring, Seattle by 49.

WE

I was more worried about Washington last week, and will be more worried about either the 49ers or G.B. next week if we were to win. I think playing Atlanta was the best scenario possible for us. I think their a fools gold team, and havn't been worried once.

Hope I'm proven right. We'll find out in 28 hours from now.

The league greatly desires a Green Bay vs Seattle rematch from the Monday night controversy. The hype would be suffocating.

Seattle fans blame refs and nfl for all outcomes (except gifts received from nfl like that garbage gb win)

So if the nfl decides all outcomes....why do these latte drinkers even watch the game if its fixed

Flahawker thinks its wwf or wwe whatever it goes by now

In otherwords Seattle only loses when nfl wants them to....otherwise they would be lifetime undefeated

Again their arrogance and ignorance is soooooo glaring.

Never heard "we" fans claim so much conspiracy

Don't you have to blow up an abortion clinic or something?

Also, I've never heard so much whining in my life as I did over that Monday night game earlier in the year. A game that was equally horrible for both teams, but Seattle somehow stole because the last call was botched.

There's also all this talk about "oh last week you guys would have lost if RG3's knee held up". Seems to me like Seattle fans have to to argue for the games they DO win.

Hypocrites being all hypocritical and junk.

The league greatly desires a Green Bay vs Seattle rematch from the Monday night controversy. The hype would be suffocating.

If the NFL was the NBA this scenario would already be put in motion. Either a rematch of the game that got the replacement refs fired or an NFC West showdown will make for good TV.

If (& when) the NFL gets the Brady vs. Manning game for the AFC Championship game, next weekend will be some great football to watch!

If the NFL was the NBA this scenario would already be put in motion. Either a rematch of the game that got the replacement refs fired or an NFC West showdown will make for good TV.

If (& when) the NFL gets the Brady vs. Manning game for the AFC Championship game, next weekend will be some great football to watch!

I like the way you think.

The only fly in the ointment is the Ray Lewis retirement party. Could the NFL steer a Ravens win today so the Ray Ray gets another shot at the Superbowl again. Ala Jerome Bettis.

All you have to do is follow the media interest. Atlanta isn't it, so I expect Seattle to win.

I like the way you think.

The only fly in the ointment is the Ray Lewis retirement party. Could the NFL steer a Ravens win today so the Ray Ray gets another shot at the Superbowl again. Ala Jerome Bettis.

All you have to do is follow the media interest. Atlanta isn't it, so I expect Seattle to win.

I'll disagree about Ray. He still has a double murder skeleton in his closet but you never know. He has been able to side step that issue lo these many years.

Better running game? Seattle! Check.

Better defense? Seattle! Check.

Hotter team? Seattle! Check.

Playing with house

money? Seattle! Check!

More playoff wins in last three years? Seattle 2 ATL 0. Edge--Seattle! Check!

Seattle 27

ATL 21

:headbanger: :overhead: :pointstosky:

Better running game? Seattle! Check.

Better defense? Seattle! Check.

Hotter team? Seattle! Check.

Playing with house

money? Seattle! Check!

More playoff wins in last three years? Seattle 2 ATL 0. Edge--Seattle! Check!

Seattle 27

ATL 21

P

:headbanger: :overhead: :pointstosky:

:lol:

Arrogant and way too overconfident? Check!

It's going to be fun watching these Seachickens struggle against an actual good offense.

Don't you have to blow up an abortion clinic or something?

Also, I've never heard so much whining in my life as I did over that Monday night game earlier in the year. A game that was equally horrible for both teams, but Seattle somehow stole because the last call was botched.

There's also all this talk about "oh last week you guys would have lost if RG3's knee held up". Seems to me like Seattle fans have to to argue for the games they DO win.

Hypocrites being all hypocritical and junk.

I don't think i commented at all on that Monday night gift until this week. Very confident I didn't.

You don't have to argue it, Seattle was gifted a last call of the game to win a game, and was also gifted a game last week for playing a one legged QB. I will rephrase that, they were not gifted a win, they worked for that and deserved the win straight up, it's just they benefited greatly by RG3 being kept in the game when he could not move. Could SEA have won game anyway? Sure , but you have to admit it sure did help their chances to be playing RG3 hurt instead of either RG3 at 75% when he lead team to a 14-0 lead or even a healthy cousins.

You were fortunate. but you will get no sympathy from me for having to argue for games you do win....not after how ya'll cried about XL for years...not sure if you did but you know the others who did who will rename nameless....I do not recall you going over the top

I don't think i commented at all on that Monday night gift until this week. Very confident I didn't.

You don't have to argue it, Seattle was gifted a last call of the game to win a game, and was also gifted a game last week for playing a one legged QB. I will rephrase that, they were not gifted a win, they worked for that and deserved the win straight up, it's just they benefited greatly by RG3 being kept in the game when he could not move. Could SEA have won game anyway? Sure , but you have to admit it sure did help their chances to be playing RG3 hurt instead of either RG3 at 75% when he lead team to a 14-0 lead or even a healthy cousins.

You were fortunate. but you will get no sympathy from me for having to argue for games you do win....not after how ya'll cried about XL for years...not sure if you did but you know the others who did who will rename nameless....I do not recall you going over the top

:lol: spinning like a top.

Arrogant and way too overconfident? Check!

It's going to be fun watching these Seachickens struggle against an actual good offense.

Says Tom Brady's boxer sniffer :rolleyes:

:lol: spinning like a top.

You are famous for baseless comments like this. without making any sense, really. Just throw cliche out and put a :lol:

Guess its easier than getting your ars handed to you in a real debate.

You are kinda like Biden in the VP debate....just laugh a lot :lol: :lol: :lol: but say nothing

Says Tom Brady's boxer sniffer :rolleyes:

Hahaha, wow kid you're quite possibly the biggest retard on here. You talk about how much I like Brady, yet all you do is show man love for Russell Wilson. Not exactly the smartest, are we?

You are famous for baseless comments like this. without making any sense, really. Just throw cliche out and put a :lol:

You are kinda like Biden in the VP debate....just laugh a lot :lol: :lol: :lol: but say nothing

He's a kid, he can't handle confrontation. He just takes the easy way out.

MY SEAHAWKS ARE THE BEST BECAUSE I SAID SO GUYS!

Gotcha. It definitely helped. Just like in the 05-06 Wild Card game when Kimo Von Oelhoffen cheap-shotted Pamler's knee on Cincy's first drive.

The Seattle defense handled Cousins just fine when he got in the game so I doubt he would have made a difference. I won't deny it was nice not having to deal with a healthy RG3.

You know, I don't care for Murf, but at least with him I feel like we are arguing points that exist in the same universe.

You're just an obnoxious troll, and a poor one at that. You were sort of amusing for a while but your schtick has grown old and tired. What are you going to do with yourself if Seattle loses this week? If anybody should be pulling for them it's you. You spend more time rooting against them then you do for you own team.

And what's with you and "kids". Creepy, Sandusky motherfocker. Do society a favor and light yourself on fire. Please. 2 bottles of lighter fluid. :wave:

Could the Seahawks still lose? Sure. Any given day. The NFL could have decided it is Atlanta's turn to win as they decided Jerome Bettis needed to go out with a trophy. Anything could happen.

Yep: either the Seahawks win or it's a conspiracy. :wacko: :lol: :doh:

You know, I don't care for Murf, but at least with him I feel like we are arguing points that exist in the same universe.

You're just an obnoxious troll, and a poor one at that. You were sort of amusing for a while but your schtick has grown old and tired. What are you going to do with yourself if Seattle loses this week? If anybody should be pulling for them it's you. You spend more time rooting against them then you do for you own team.

And what's with you and "kids". Creepy, Sandusky motherfocker. Do society a favor and light yourself on fire. Please. 2 bottles of lighter fluid. :wave:

Like I said before, its quite obvious you are only 13, therefore you get called a kid. Got it kid? Ok, good.

So why don't you do yourself a favor kid, when Seattle loses tomorrow just never come back and post here again.

There are no falcons fans. Hth

Ok sweetie. I'm wearing boxer briefs today. Get a good whiff?

Like I said before, its quite obvious you are only 13, therefore you get called a kid. Got it kid? Ok, good.

So why don't you do yourself a favor kid, when Seattle loses tomorrow just never come back and post here again.

We'll be here long after you have changed jereseys.

Hahaha, wow kid you're quite possibly the biggest retard on here. You talk about how much I like Brady, yet all you do is show man love for Russell Wilson. Not exactly the smartest, are we?

Link to me tweeeting Wilson and begging him to meet me on the cape? You are a stalker.

Wow I just saw Murf living in the Packer/Niners thread. Dude get a life. I know your team crapped the bed but seriously you are like obssessed with playoff teams and their fans. Get over it.

Wow I just saw Murf living in the Packer/Niners thread. Dude get a life. I know your team crapped the bed but seriously you are like obssessed with playoff teams and their fans. Get over it.

I watched the only game on tv and posted during game....yeah that's just crazy what the heck am I up to? I was in Baltimore thread all game too. There is only one game on at a time...I watch playoff teams.....duh ....yeah I like NFL football I don't stop watching if the Steelers stop playing.....heck if you did that you would have only watched one superbowl ever (sorry NFL wanted Bettis with a ring that year, wish they would have given one to Flozelle couple yrs ago and in Kevin Greene in 95 then Steelers would have 8 rings)

But again you refuse to debate a single thing...you constantantly give one liner cliche....like get a life. Real original dude.

Fyi I will be watching every playoff game and if I have my laptop or phone I will be commenting if you don't like it just skip my posts and post a one liner and a laughing guy. Typical Biden maneuver when he has no substance. You have no substance

Good luck to your team I want to watch 49er and Seattle championship.

Look forward to your interesting conspiracy theories if they lose.

WE!

Seattle has been on a big time roll and I am a big RW fan but this game smells like the end of the road for them to me. the emotion and road trip runs dry today and the Falcs get over the huge hump for Ryan's 1st playoff win.

hoping it is a great game but I am expecting Falcs 30-20

Link to me tweeeting Wilson and begging him to meet me on the cape? You are a stalker.

Link to me begging him to meet me on the Cape? You're a complete idiot who can't think of anything else, therefore you turn my tweet into complete nonsense to try and show off in front of your other homer kiddies. It must suck to have no life kid.