Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Official 2016 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Man...Buffalo is painfully bad to watch.

Yup. We've got a long way to go to becoming relevant again :(

Yup. We've got a long way to go to becoming relevant again :(

Gotta figure they'll get rid of Miller and Vanek too. I'd say back to square one but it's like back to square 0 in your case. Who do you have coming up the pipe? Grigorenko and the other guy with the weird name? Anyone else? Tons of picks coming up but they need to pick well or those are wasted.

To the ISLANDERS BABY

Islanders will match up with the Capitals in the 6th spot.

Islanders will match up with the Capitals in the 6th spot.

I hope so. Would rather play crapitals ovr broons. And they Re not in the 6th spot right now but anything can happen in the next 8 games

Picks a fight while wearing a visor, and still gets pummeled? Weak. :thumbsdown:

par for the course with these pussbags

par for the course with these pussbags

Play a fvcking game and quit canceling like edjr in a fantasy football league.

Queers.

I'll be at the Habs-Caps game tomorrow night, homos. :cheers:

Play a fvcking game and quit canceling like edjr in a fantasy football league.

Queers.

I'll be at the Habs-Caps game tomorrow night, homos. :cheers:

Go Caps !

Good thing Bawston is sucking hard cause we can't play shiot. Easier week coming up time-wise so they'll have time to practice and get back to basics. Price has to wake the fock up though.

Good thing Bawston is sucking hard cause we can't play shiot. Easier week coming up time-wise so they'll have time to practice and get back to basics. Price has to wake the fock up though.

That....was a shitshow

That....was a shitshow

Yesterday was a half-shitshow so I guess things are improving. Markov cannot play the minutes he is playing right now anymore. They need to rest him for the playoffs....don't know how many turnovers and icings he had last night...it was just ridiculous.

Yesterday was a half-shitshow so I guess things are improving. Markov cannot play the minutes he is playing right now anymore. They need to rest him for the playoffs....don't know how many turnovers and icings he had last night...it was just ridiculous.

All good things come to an end. I'm just glad the Habs showed up and were relevant this season...especially after last year.

Here come the Islanders !!!

No shiot.....everyone says they're a one-line team but Tavares is such an amazing player. He should garner serious consideration as MVP.

All good things come to an end. I'm just glad the Habs showed up and were relevant this season...especially after last year.

I still think they should go to 7 d-men and lower their individual TOI. Add Tinordi to the current mix.

Here come the Islanders !!!

shots...I agree. The Caps and Isles look great right now. I saw the Caps play on Saturday night and they are a team to watch out for.

Only as good as your goalie. And your goalie sucks

Only as good as your goalie. And your goalie sucks

I've been trying to avoid the Carey Price needs a seat on the bench conversation but it's time. Budaj needs to play more. I have a feeling the Habs are in for another Halak or Price situation.

Price just gets over worked and to be honest the team has not been playing well in front of him. Lots of stupid mistakes that the average hockey fan probably doesn't notice.

I saw Price give up five goals on Saturday night and three of them were legit team mistakes.

I've been trying to avoid the Carey Price needs a seat on the bench conversation but it's time. Budaj needs to play more. I have a feeling the Habs are in for another Halak or Price situation.

Price just gets over worked and to be honest the team has not been playing well in front of him. Lots of stupid mistakes that the average hockey fan probably doesn't notice.

I saw Price give up five goals on Saturday night and three of them were legit team mistakes.

He had no chance on that roof-daddy Elias goal. He was in bad position on the second one and I don't think can be faulted for the third. They did show a couple of replays however where there wasn't a goal but he had put himself completely out of position and the shooter just missed a half-open net. He goes through periods where he doesn't track the puck well at all and we're in one right now. Not sure how you snap him out of it. One thing for damn sure: unless he turns it around or there's no goalie worth it in the draft, Habs are using one of their 2nd rounders on a goalie in the upcoming draft.

But the team D has also left the building. Habs overload both in their own end and in the O-Zone and when they win the battles, the results are great. But they aren't winning them right now which means that they are then left with an overload against them. I mean yesterday there were a couple cases where Habs had 3 guys on the opposing player and the guy still got out with the puck. That is a sad performance. Especially when the Habs use 2 d-men to overload leaving a forward to cover the crease with predictable results. Habs need to grow a pair stat or the playoffs will be short.

Happy they finally sat Moen's ass down...that was way overdue. Can Desharnais be next? And Prust is clearly playing hurt right now, which doesn't help at all.

No shiot.....everyone says they're a one-line team but Tavares is such an amazing player. He should garner serious consideration as MVP.

He should and they aren't anymore. The Bailey/Okposo/Neilsen line has been on fire and we are even getting a few from 3rd line.

shots...I agree. The Caps and Isles look great right now. I saw the Caps play on Saturday night and they are a team to watch out for.

I know. Couple weeks ago I was hoping for a playoff spot (of course any spot) but secretly hoping to matchup with Crapitals. That's not the case anymore.

I would have to look it up but off the top of my head the Islanders have not win a playoff series since beating your Habs in 93/94? Yikes.

I know. Couple weeks ago I was hoping for a playoff spot (of course any spot) but secretly hoping to matchup with Crapitals. That's not the case anymore.

I would have to look it up but off the top of my head the Islanders have not win a playoff series since beating your Habs in 93/94? Yikes.

Beat Pittsburg in 93 before losing to Montreal in the Wales Conference finals.

Montreal went on to win their last Stanley Cup.

Beat Pittsburg in 93 before losing to Montreal in the Wales Conference finals.

Montreal went on to win their last Stanley Cup.

Oh Shiite what a dumb asss I am. After the huge game 6 win vs Pens a bunch of us made a drunk choice to drive to Pitt (7hours) for game 7. Four of us made the trip. :headbanger:

Totally forgot they lost to the Jabs ( not now after you reminded me) :cheers:

Care to wager who finishes the season with more points, leafs vs habs :dunno:

Soooo, I know I haven’t been around much but I didn’t forget..a win seals it for your habs, PM me the pick you want to best represent your ghey A$$ Habs for the playoffs and I will make it my logo come Saturday night...

fortunately we may just end up meeting in the first round so maybe I sucker you into a double or nothing wager?

Soooo, I know I haven’t been around much but I didn’t forget..a win seals it for your habs, PM me the pick you want to best represent your ghey A$$ Habs for the playoffs and I will make it my logo come Saturday night...

fortunately we may just end up meeting in the first round so maybe I sucker you into a double or nothing wager?

We're in the middle of an epic collapse so I have a feeling your Maple Leafs may win their first playoff round in forever. I'm not sure how we do a double or nothing but I'd be willing to do a hat bet (assuming we meet up in the first round). If I win you get me a Habs hat, if I win I get you a Leafs hat?

Isles will jump the Maple Loafs into 5th place.

Isles will jump the Maple Loafs into 5th place.

Games left:

Isles: Buffalo and Philly

Leafs: Florida and Montreal

It's anybody's guess. The Leafs could easily beat both...so could the Isles. This should be a fun week. :cheers:

I actually do not want to face the Habs - would LOVE to beat the Loafs. Yes I hate them that much but there is no chance of that happening - in the first round anyway.

I actually do not want to face the Habs - would LOVE to beat the Loafs. Yes I hate them that much but there is no chance of that happening - in the first round anyway.

Trust me on this, if there is ever a time to face the Habs, it's now. They're a sh1tshow.

Trust me on this, if there is ever a time to face the Habs, it's now. They're a sh1tshow.

The Habs and Bruins appear to both be tanking the last couple of weeks for the right to play the Leafs, who have been just as bad, if not worse, over that stretch. Reimer has been the ONLY bright spot for the Leafs as they've been thoroughly dominated the last 5-6 games.

It could be Isles vs. Caps in the Eastern Conference final. :(

The Habs and Bruins appear to both be tanking the last couple of weeks for the right to play the Leafs, who have been just as bad, if not worse, over that stretch. Reimer has been the ONLY bright spot for the Leafs as they've been thoroughly dominated the last 5-6 games.

It could be Isles vs. Caps in the Eastern Conference final. :(

I was just listening to WEEI and Jack Edwards had an interesting take on the Bruins. His feeling was the contracts Cherelli (sp) gave the 2011 guys have created complacency. I haven't watched enough Bruin hockey to know but I generally feel this happens everywhere.

You could be right...Isles/Caps/Sens could battle Pittsburgh for the finals. Pittsburgh looks unstoppable.

I was just listening to WEEI and Jack Edwards had an interesting take on the Bruins. His feeling was the contracts Cherelli (sp) gave the 2011 guys have created complacency. I haven't watched enough Bruin hockey to know but I generally feel this happens everywhere.

You could be right...Isles/Caps/Sens could battle Pittsburgh for the finals. Pittsburgh looks unstoppable.

I think it's a valid point, and I agree that it happens most of the time, for sure. I'd also argue that the Bruins have lost a bit of their work ethic after winning the Cup....almost like a "we're the champs, we don't need to work for it" mentality, which directly led to the Caps outworking and outplaying them in the first round last year. It's very frustrating to see what kind of team they can be when they turn the spigot on, as they've been more and more inconsistent about it. If they don't smarten up, another first round exit could very well be in the cards. :(

I heard recently that Markov only had 5 even strength points coming into this week (out of 28), and is a minus 11. I haven't heard of such lopsided stats since Tom Kurvers and Gaston Gingras. As Blitzen noted, why do the Habs give him that much ice time? Then again, the Habs are on the powerplay for 3/4 of the game anyway, so I guess those numbers do make some sense. :P

The problem with the Boston Bruins can be summed up in two words...

Milan Lucic

When he decides to show up and play the body the team is nearly unbeatable. When they started out their season strong and amassed most of their wins, he was playing like a man possessed. The last month and a half, not so much. They need to bring the physical element to the rink every night and this guy is the main culprit. If he shows up in the playoffs, they will go far.

:cheers:

The problem with the Boston Bruins can be summed up in two words...

Milan Lucic

When he decides to show up and play the body the team is nearly unbeatable. When they started out their season strong and amassed most of their wins, he was playing like a man possessed. The last month and a half, not so much. They need to bring the physical element to the rink every night and this guy is the main culprit. If he shows up in the playoffs, they will go far.

:cheers:

That is only part of it. For the Habs and Bruins, it will come down to goaltending. Both teams have shaky lately and need to step it up.

I think it's a valid point, and I agree that it happens most of the time, for sure. I'd also argue that the Bruins have lost a bit of their work ethic after winning the Cup....almost like a "we're the champs, we don't need to work for it" mentality, which directly led to the Caps outworking and outplaying them in the first round last year. It's very frustrating to see what kind of team they can be when they turn the spigot on, as they've been more and more inconsistent about it. If they don't smarten up, another first round exit could very well be in the cards. :(

I heard recently that Markov only had 5 even strength points coming into this week (out of 28), and is a minus 11. I haven't heard of such lopsided stats since Tom Kurvers and Gaston Gingras. As Blitzen noted, why do the Habs give him that much ice time? Then again, the Habs are on the powerplay for 3/4 of the game anyway, so I guess those numbers do make some sense. :P

They really really need to lower Markov's TOI...playing him with Subban won't help that as Subban's TOI is high. I'm at a loss to explain that one as he clearly can't keep up. He'll be a very expensive d-man next year and I doubt they'll be re-signing him for 2014-2015, unless it's at a very low cost to be a 5 d-man. He has to be a 3-4 d-man at most next year.

One interesting point about the Winnipeg game is that I don't think Subban and Markov played on the Penalty Kill. Aside from getting beaten wide once, Tinordi played a very good game. Give that kid a summer to bulk up and he'll be very solid. Same with Beaulieu who needs to bulk up even more.

Worried about the Toronto game....Carlisle will want to have a goon show since he has nothing to play for. The goal in that game will be to not suffer injuries. Tell the boys to play with their collective heads up. Plus Carlisle knows that Shamahan won't have the guts to suspend someone like Phaneuf just before the playoffs so he'll be able to tee-off. And the refs will need a game to practice not using their whistles before the playoffs start.

That is only part of it. For the Habs and Bruins, it will come down to goaltending. Both teams have shaky lately and need to step it up.

Price was much better last night but he still overcommits. When this guy is on his game, he has minimal movement and uses his size and positioning. Where he gets in trouble is when he tries to be Dominik Hasek. That is simply not his game.