Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

MJD

Jones-Drew: I'll be full speed by May or June Maurice Jones-Drew (Lisfranc) says he'll be "full speed" by the "end of May, beginning of June."

"I'm feeling good," said Jones-Drew. "Just have been rehabbing every day and getting used to the offseason program. I'll be back at full speed by probably the end of May, beginning of June." MJD missed the final ten games of last season with the foot injury, and he just began "lightly" jogging a couple weeks ago. He should be all systems go for training camp. Source: NFL.com Apr 11 - 4:30 PM

I have no idea where to rank him. He is starting his 8th season and the Lisfranc injury bothers me.

I have no idea where to rank him. He is starting his 8th season and the Lisfranc injury bothers me.

if the mighty midget is once again healthy and ready to play ..i have him in my top 8 right now

I thought you didn't watch football anymore because the game has become a joke with all their liberal rules?

I'm not ready to put him in the Top 10. I have him ranked around 12-14 for running backs. He'll probably get drafted around the 2/3 turn in drafts this season. If you score one of the Top 5 runnings backs, he'd be a great value as a RB2 but nothing other than that, IMO.

I'm not ready to put him in the Top 10. I have him ranked around 12-14 for running backs. He'll probably get drafted around the 2/3 turn in drafts this season. If you score one of the Top 5 runnings backs, he'd be a great value as a RB2 but nothing other than that, IMO.

:thumbsup:

Any guy coming off a Lisfranc is a DND for me. I'll let somebody else take that risk.

Any guy coming off a Lisfranc is a DND for me. I'll let somebody else take that risk.

I say wait until the preseason. If the surgery didn't go well, or if there is still damage, it will show by the second or third game. If he looks good in the preseason, I think he's a solid RB1. It has been a while, but I recall some people saying he looked like he had lost a step before the injury, so that's something else to watch. In a dynasty, I don't know that I would draft him. In a redraft, he's worth taking a flier on. A ruined early dynasty pick can haunt you for a long time. Even if he plays well this year, his injury isn't going to be a non-factor. The carries will catch up to him and they still don't have a solid backup to take some of the load off. The fact they won't restructure or add years to his contract should tell you all you need to know about how management views him. They see him as a potential liability beyond 2013.

Jones-Drew: I'll be full speed by May or June Maurice Jones-Drew (Lisfranc) says he'll be "full speed" by the "end of May, beginning of June."

"I'm feeling good," said Jones-Drew. "Just have been rehabbing every day and getting used to the offseason program. I'll be back at full speed by probably the end of May, beginning of June." MJD missed the final ten games of last season with the foot injury, and he just began "lightly" jogging a couple weeks ago. He should be all systems go for training camp. Source: NFL.com Apr 11 - 4:30 PM

Jags GM: No intention of trading Jones-Drew GM Dave Caldwell says the Jaguars have no plans to trade Maurice Jones-Drew, and that his contract will be "assessed after the season."

Jones-Drew is scheduled to make $4.95 million in the final season of the five-year, $30.95 million contract he signed in 2009. MJD has already said he has no plans to hold out after doing so in disastrous fashion last summer. Still recovering from Lisfranc surgery, MJD is hoping to be "full speed" by late May or early June. Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter Apr 12 - 1:10 PM

I say wait until the preseason. If the surgery didn't go well, or if there is still damage, it will show by the second or third game. If he looks good in the preseason, I think he's a solid RB1. It has been a while, but I recall some people saying he looked like he had lost a step before the injury, so that's something else to watch. In a dynasty, I don't know that I would draft him. In a redraft, he's worth taking a flier on. A ruined early dynasty pick can haunt you for a long time. Even if he plays well this year, his injury isn't going to be a non-factor. The carries will catch up to him and they still don't have a solid backup to take some of the load off. The fact they won't restructure or add years to his contract should tell you all you need to know about how management views him. They see him as a potential liability beyond 2013.

I predict that he won't play much in preseason, potentially not at all. We'll hear about how they'll want to save him for the season, look at other backs, etc. They'll say the foot is fine. Guess we'll see.

Also I don't think his upside is high enough to justify the risk. Someone like McFadden at least has the potential to do great things at this point. I don't see it in MJD.

And I say this as a guy who had MJD as my primary stud back for years in my deep keeper league. I have a mancrush on him for what he's done for me in the past; I just don't like his prospects moving forward.

I predict that he won't play much in preseason, potentially not at all. We'll hear about how they'll want to save him for the season, look at other backs, etc. They'll say the foot is fine. Guess we'll see.

Also I don't think his upside is high enough to justify the risk. Someone like McFadden at least has the potential to do great things at this point. I don't see it in MJD.

And I say this as a guy who had MJD as my primary stud back for years in my deep keeper league. I have a mancrush on him for what he's done for me in the past; I just don't like his prospects moving forward.

MJD's current ADP is 2.8 and DMc is 3.8. It is really hard to gauge which one will be the better play. Both of these guys are in the contract year and you would think they will be playing their hearts out but I question DMc's heart. As a Raider's fan I would rather have MJD because I think Jax has an up and coming offense. Oakland is an absolute mess. With MJD you will get all three downs and goal line work. I think Reece has shown that he deserves 3rd down and possible short yardage work.

MJD's current ADP is 2.8 and DMc is 3.8. It is really hard to gauge which one will be the better play. Both of these guys are in the contract year and you would think they will be playing their hearts out but I question DMc's heart. As a Raider's fan I would rather have MJD because I think Jax has an up and coming offense. Oakland is an absolute mess. With MJD you will get all three downs and goal line work. I think Reece has shown that he deserves 3rd down and possible short yardage work.

mjd no question

last year mjd in fftoday stats had a avg points per game of 10.3 in 6 games avg 4.8 per rush

dmc 9.5 avg points and 3.2 avg per rush 12 games

mjd no question

last year mjd in fftoday stats had a avg points per game of 10.3 in 6 games avg 4.8 per rush

dmc 9.5 avg points and 3.2 avg per rush 12 games

MJD - old

DMC - not old

The RB position is not kind to veterans

MJD - old

DMC - not old

will mjd was older still last season also ...but the stats show that the older one is the better one in this case imo

Did'nt realize people were this down on MJD. In my mind he is one of the toughest backs around. Both mentally and physically. He came back strong from an ACL to put up top 5 numbers in 2011 if i remember correctly.

And he always plays with a chip on his shoulder. Character means something here. I'd draft MJD over CJ2K.

I know age is not kind to RBs. But he is not 30 yet. Ill draft him if he shows up at the end of 2nd or early 3rd.

Definitely not in the first. A dynasty, i would draft in in the 4th or 5th rounds based on 12 or 14 teams.

MJD - old

DMC - not old

MJD - 7 years in NFL

DMC - 5 years in NFL

:dunno: I would says they are both old and one has never played more than 13 games in a season. :dunno:

MJD - 7 years in NFL

DMC - 5 years in NFL

:dunno: I would says they are both old and one has never played more than 13 games in a season. :dunno:

When someone says a RB is "old", they aren't just talking about age. Wear and tear has a lot to do with it. MJD has had a whole lot of touches and taken a whole lotta hits. DMC not so much.

When someone says a RB is "old", they aren't just talking about age. Wear and tear has a lot to do with it. MJD has had a whole lot of touches and taken a whole lotta hits. DMC not so much.

That's true, DMC hasn't been on the field much to get hit.