Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft disscussion

Either me , Famous , or BB06 made a solid 9th round pick -- the other 2 completely reached.

I knew Richardson would go after Pead... But thought for certain Stacey would make it back to me. In hindsight, maybe I should have waited to go Pead / Stacey at the 10-11 turn...

I had planned on Russel Wilson at 9.11 but WW got him first. Pretty much had my pick of the QB2s here and decided on Manning. Think he's the most likely of the bunch to put up QB1 numbers if he can get healthy seasons out of Cruz and Nicks

I liked Wilson too... He was putting up strong numbers for me at the end of last year... Definitely a guy with QB1 potential...

I had planned on Russel Wilson at 9.11 but WW got him first. Pretty much had my pick of the QB2s here and decided on Manning. Think he's the most likely of the bunch to put up QB1 numbers if he can get healthy seasons out of Cruz and Nicks

i dont think u took any hit at all n not getting wilson, since u got bounceback eli. yep, i said it. i think eli plays his way into QB#7-10 this yr.

i dont think u took any hit at all n not getting wilson, since u got bounceback eli. yep, i said it. i think eli plays his way into QB#7-10 this yr.

Hope so! Guess I can always work the trade lines if things don't work out :)

I knew Richardson would go after Pead... But thought for certain Stacey would make it back to me. In hindsight, maybe I should have waited to go Pead / Stacey at the 10-11 turn...

stacey is a good pick, little early. i must say, he was my pick too, in the 10th, and i thought i could do it early enough. guess not.

i just posted on the main bored this about stlouis...

i think stacey end up being the guy at some pt, but likely nxt yr. y? he's the best fit for the fisher scheme. with that said, i think pead has the pedigree. somehow, in there, i think richardson becomes the back with the #2 to pead or gets swallowed up in a 3headed clusterfook.

with that said, i think pead goes first, somewhere in the 7th by the time the season rolls around. after that, stacey becomes the nxt off the bored to me.

Hope so! Guess I can always work the trade lines if things don't work out :)

there's a rumor thats y WW and i draftd RW1 and Luck back to back, i dont know who started it though. i hear that gears are already working. crazy stuff out there.

FYI, I'm out until about 10 pm tonight... But will be around from. 10-12

My horse in this race is Stacy. If nothing else, I think he has the size and will get the goal line carries. Good burst and speed. With Pead suspended, I think he has a legit shot at the job.

As far as Bush, this may have been a little early. However, this is the way it had to be since I draft at the end of the round. If I got Forte, I was gonna have to have Bush.

My horse in this race is Stacy. If nothing else, I think he has the size and will get the goal line carries. Good burst and speed. With Pead suspended, I think he has a legit shot at the job.

As far as Bush, this may have been a little early. However, this is the way it had to be since I draft at the end of the round. If I got Forte, I was gonna have to have Bush.

I think Stacy is the safest pick to at least get steady carries since he fills a void the other two don't. He's the pile mover - but he doesn't have any top gear, breakaway speed...

I think Pead / Stacey could be the CJ2K / White type duo. Both of whom had that one great year together...

I don't know if it's indeed a great thing -- but it's nice to have 2 solid RBs to start , all my WR's as i have 5 start-able WR's (some might claim J. Jones isn't really start able but I doubt many would b!tch about him as their 3rd wr - he's my 5th) and a top QB -- with all TE's gone I can basically just sit back and swing for the fences on a of slew late RB's.

Richardson to me made the most sense to start - just looking at last year and the fact Pead is already in the dog with a suspension but I really can't argue against any of the 3.

couple notes since i didn't have much time to comment today

1. in the Pead/Richardson/Stacy debate, give me Stacy. He was top of my list for 10.08 As someone else mentioned I think he brings a skillset to the table that the others don't really offer. I think he could beat out Richardson for week 1 start and run and hide with the job.

2. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck were the best values on the board when I selected. No standout RB's or WR's but plenty I like later on. I personally like Wilson better and I like that he can make some stuff happen on the ground unlike my starter. Can't hurt to have 2 potential top 10's in our scoring system. I'm betting that Stafford is markedly better than his 2012 campaign. Something in the 30-35 TD range. But just in case i'm wrong, Wilson will be waiting in the wings.

3. I did not realize James Jones was your WR5. Awesome WR5, Moz

If it gets to me and i'm not online someone text me.... I know delay and a couple others have my number

:thumbsup:

i got u

My fault guys for whatever reason I didn't realize it was on me.

anyway had to take Rice's handcuff - not big on hand cuffs anymore but Pierce is a cuff that would actually be pretty good if anything happened to Rice.

kendall wright, 10.07

he's sort of a funny one, he might have lasted 2 more rds. ADP of 11.09 to 13.12.

i have him @ #46 WR overall though so it makes sense.

i need a #3 WR, he's a good candidate. produced like a #1 down the stretch. Tenn wont pass as much, but they'll do a lot play action, he's got good hands and runs all routes. i like him i think.

kendall wright, 10.07

he's sort of a funny one, he might have lasted 2 more rds. ADP of 11.09 to 13.12.

i need a #3 WR, he's a good candidate. produced like a #1 down the stretch. Tenn wont pass as much, but they'll do a lot play action, he's got good hands and runs all routes. i like him i think.

i have to say, i liked how your team started... but not so much what you've done in the middle rounds... so you definitely must have a team i would have put together 3-5 years ago because everyone always criticized my middle round picks...

kendall wright, 10.07

if it makes you feel better he would not have made it past my 11.05 and maybe not past my 10.08 though i was leaning leshoure.

i have to say, i liked how your team started... but not so much what you've done in the middle rounds... so you definitely must have a team i would have put together 3-5 years ago because everyone always criticized my middle round picks...

i need a flex i think. ill swing big from here on out, starting with kendall. still have a couple pass catchers in mind, too. ill find a #3 in there. if ballard flops as a flex, yes i do need to hit on one of my mid/late rd picks. last yr, i added moreno, leshoure, givens, and a couple others post draft who all playd keys roles as a #3WR/RB during the season. lot can happen with sound management, as u know.

if it makes you feel better he would not have made it past my 11.05 and maybe not past my 10.08 though i was leaning leshoure.

i respect ur ff iq, so it always helps to get a little validation. good to hear that.

That's not True you picked some real headscratchers early as well :) -- but hey you made some GREAT trades and WW gets.

have to say glancing at the rosters (and offhand remembering some of the picks not entered) I like Gepetto and BigBlue followed by Dehaven

I will say BB06's roster caught my eye as a tough team. But really all but maybe 2-3 teams I can see look pretty solid thus far.

Famous - I'm driving to your neck of the woods today. I'll get to Ashville tonight and Raleigh for the next few days for my sons tennis tournament. I'm going to pan for gold tomorrow, and hopefully white water raft early next week. I'm pumped!

The only pick I regret thus far is Mark Ingram. I could of grabbed a solid backup QB like Luck or R Wilson instead.

The only pick I regret thus far is Mark Ingram. I could of grabbed a solid backup QB like Luck or R Wilson instead.

i thought you would take one of them right before me

i thought you would take one of them right before me

I panicked because I only had 2 runningbacks on my roster, and all news on him the last few months has been about how he might lead the Saints in carries.

Not 24 hours after i picked him though an article comes out that says he is 3rd on the depth chart :doh:

Dammit Famous. I wanted to grab Deangelo Williams this round to go with Jonathan Stewart. I should have known you'd be the one to grab him from me. :mad:

Dammit Famous. I wanted to grab Deangelo Williams this round to go with Jonathan Stewart. I should have known you'd be the one to grab him from me. :mad:

:banana:

Where are you rafting?

Not too sure. We're driving over the Appalachians today and there is a spot off of interstate 40 that ill get some info about.

And I was flip-flopping on dwil and two other guys, but decided I needed my rb5, and if Stewart misses time again, dwil can have a chance to put up 20+

D-will is a guy i considered when i took Leshoure. i figured out of the 2, d-will might last a little longer.. completely agree with famous. Stewart is an injury headache, surgery on both ankles. He will miss games and D-Will can have solid games. Williams actually won me the FFToday June Mock league last year with his performance against the saints.

Surprised Olsen was still there :dunno: I had him as my 6-7th TE -- and he did pretty good last year as well he is pretty much Newtons #2 option after Smith.

Yeah, Olsen was going to become a member of my team with this next pick.

I would have picked Olsen..... But I opted to draft better players... :banana:

#6/7 TEs are less valuable then backup RBs.

I actually tend to agree with this, which is why I'm still without a TE. Still, Olsen was a good value there if you waited for a TE.

if u dont have a te there, olsen is great value. at this pt, id rather reach for something big than draft my backup TE.