Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Champions check in......12th spot draft pick....

What is your game plan or who are you targeting?

Im thinking of having a bottom line running back i wont go below and then getting a WR instead. For instance if Mccoy and Morris are there at 12/13...no brainer take them both.

But if Mccoy and say my best option is Steven Jackson......then im going with Dez or AJ Green.

In mocks it seems like my best teams though are from going rb rb and then 3 straight WR.

Who are you targeting at 1/2 rounds and 3/4??

Rounds 1/2/3 Im going straight RBs unless someone like Rodgers or Brees falls to me in the 3rd. But first two rounds for me are def RB/RB. I wont be drafting a QB prob until round 8 where Romo usually is still at.

This won't help many people as we all get 1 keeper, then start the draft. Im keeping Marshawn Lynch. Then I'll get those 2 picks in a row, 1.12 & 2.01. I'll probably grab another RB and then a WR. I like to let the draft come to me usually so who knows.

I was gonna start a thread on my dilemma but I'll post here instead.

I won my 12-team PPR 2-keeper league last year so I have the last pick as well so I'm drafting at the 12/13 spot essentially. The round drafted of said keeper is a lost pick. I'm keeping AJ Green as an 8th rounder but now I'm stuck. I was planning on keeping Charles for my 2nd rounder (13th pick overall) or my next best option is David Wilson for a 7th rounder.

I was planning on keeping Charles but his foot has me a bit worried. Anticipating the keepers & players being selected in the 1st round, these would be the players most likely unavailable for me at the end of round 1. AP, Martin, Foster, McCoy, Rice, Richardson, Spiller, Forte, Morris, R. Bush, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Lynch, J. Jones, Bryant, D. Thomas V. Cruz, & Megatron.

If I keep Charles, I'm looking at MJD, CJ1K, Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc. Then I'd only have the 12th pick since my 13th pick would be forfeited.

If I keep Wilson, I'd have both the 12th & 13th picks to use. Then I'd select 2 of these options.

I'm still leaning towards keeping Charles beause the RB crop is thin when it gets to the end of round 1but if I select Wilson I'd get an extra pick. Whaddya folks think?

Im thinking of having a bottom line running back i wont go below and then getting a WR instead. For instance if Mccoy and Morris are there at 12/13...no brainer take them both.

But if Mccoy and say my best option is Steven Jackson......then im going with Dez or AJ Green.

In mocks it seems like my best teams though are from going rb rb and then 3 straight WR.

This is my plan in redrafts also. If I feel there are 2 solid RB's at the 1/2 turn, a team will look much better with 2 solid RB's. But if the 1st round completely depletes the RB crop, taking the best available RB & pairing him with a top notch WR is plan B.

I won my 12-team PPR 2-keeper league last year so I have the last pick as well so I'm drafting at the 12/13 spot essentially. The round drafted of said keeper is a lost pick. I'm keeping AJ Green as an 8th rounder but now I'm stuck. I was planning on keeping Charles for my 2nd rounder (13th pick overall) or my next best option is David Wilson for a 7th rounder.

I was planning on keeping Charles but his foot has me a bit worried. Anticipating the keepers & players being selected in the 1st round, these would be the players most likely unavailable for me at the end of round 1. AP, Martin, Foster, McCoy, Rice, Richardson, Spiller, Forte, Morris, R. Bush, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Lynch, J. Jones, Bryant, D. Thomas V. Cruz, & Megatron.

If I keep Charles, I'm looking at MJD, CJ1K, Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc. Then I'd only have the 12th pick since my 13th pick would be forfeited.

If I keep Wilson, I'd have both the 12th & 13th picks to use. Then I'd select 2 of these options.

I'm still leaning towards keeping Charles beause the RB crop is thin when it gets to the end of round 1but if I select Wilson I'd get an extra pick. Whaddya folks think?

Kinda confusing for an outsider reading that....but i like Charles and keeping him as im guessing hes a top 12/13 pick if all things were equal.

As with any draft, there is no set plan. I'll see who is available.

But RB is so shallow this year, and WR so deep, the ideal scenario would be RB/RB, or even RB/RB/RB, then run on WRs and QB later.

Obviously, it just depends on how it falls. In my league, there could be Saints homers, so if say Drew Brees and Graham go round 1, then some good RBs could have fallen. If everyone goes RB early, that its pretty impossible to pass on Calvin Johnson. The guy picking in front of me is a really shrewd, experienced drafter, so that will be interesting.

At 12, I always think the most about these things: 1) Value, 2) What runs will happen in the many picks until my next one and 3) Who will NOT be available.

it all depends on your lineup requirements and scoring system

must start 3wr, no flex, ppr, wr/wr all day. or jimmy graham/wr

2 wr, rb/wr flex, no ppr, rb/wr

6pt pass tds, 2 wr flex, no ppr, qb/rb

if its ppr, no way i will touch alf morris, or sjax at the 12/13 spot

rb rb for sure, when rnd 3 comes around there is tumbleweeds left at rb. In fact 12th is the best spot to get 2 good rbs. Just rank 12 rbs and every time someone gets a non rb in rnd 1 thats a bump for one of ur rbs.

ap

foster

martin

charles

mcoy

lynch

spiller

rice

morris

trent

forte

Sjax

mjd could be a top 5 rb easily and CJ already was despite his awful consistency.

If you could land 2 of those 12, then pray for a wr combo like roddy and cobb in rnd 3/4 then get Matt ryan in rnd 5 you are so golden its not even funny.

Ur team looks like

Ryan

morris

richardson

roddy

cobb

studs at every spot.

rb rb for sure, when rnd 3 comes around there is tumbleweeds left at rb. In fact 12th is the best spot to get 2 good rbs. Just rank 12 rbs and every time someone gets a non rb in rnd 1 thats a bump for one of ur rbs.

ap

foster

martin

charles

mcoy

lynch

spiller

rice

morris

trent

forte

Sjax

mjd could be a top 5 rb easily and CJ already was despite his awful consistency.

If you could land 2 of those 12, then pray for a wr combo like roddy and cobb in rnd 3/4 then get Matt ryan in rnd 5 you are so golden its not even funny.

Ur team looks like

Ryan

morris

richardson

roddy

cobb

studs at every spot.

no way Richardson is available in the 12 hole.

morris a stud? meh

when did cobb and ryan become studs?

i drafted in the 12 spot last year, won the scoring title by 200 points.

my draft. (must start 3 wr, no flex, ppr)

welker

graham

r.bush

aj green

d.thomas

donald brown

rg3

cj spiller

i forget the rest

no way Richardson is available in the 12 hole.

morris a stud? meh

when did cobb and ryan become studs?

When did Ryan become a stud? Ur saying Matt Ryan isnt a stud qb? He is. TRich may not be there, but Morris deserves a top pick, he earned that last year and didnt fall off even when cousins played. Cobb is now the top wr for the best qb in the league, its not a stretch to say hes a potential stud.

When did Ryan become a stud? Ur saying Matt Ryan isnt a stud qb? He is. TRich may not be there, but Morris deserves a top pick, he earned that last year and didnt fall off even when cousins played. Cobb is now the top wr for the best qb in the league, its not a stretch to say hes a potential stud.

he isnt a stub FF qb.

as for the other players, sure they could be studs or warrant top billing based on last year, but last year isnt this year.

i guess my point is, in the 12 hole, I need a competitive advantage over the other players. if iam taking the 12th and 13th best backs on the board at 12/13, I just dont see how you ever make it up.

but what do I know?

he isnt a stub FF qb.

as for the other players, sure they could be studs or warrant top billing based on last year, but last year isnt this year.

i guess my point is, in the 12 hole, I need a competitive advantage over the other players. if iam taking the 12th and 13th best backs on the board at 12/13, I just dont see how you ever make it up.

but what do I know?

The rb/wr discussion is fine, we whiff on those every year, but Ryan is a stud. 32 14 4700 on one of the best offenses in the league with an upgrade at RB. Hes right behind the top 4.

About the 12 hole, ur worries are fine but thats your very last chance to get 2 good rbs. If you take anything else in rnd 2 ur rb 2 is going to be awful. dont dream of ridley, bush, demarco or any of those. U will have Lacy or bradshaw at very best, and if you look and still see a wr that slipped and decide to pass yet again on a rb ur lookin at deangelo at the very very best as ur rb 2. Meanwhile while you scamper to get running backs with a pulse, there will be serviceable upside wrs passing you by round after round that you could have waited for.

The rb/wr discussion is fine, we whiff on those every year, but Ryan is a stud. 32 14 4700 on one of the best offenses in the league with an upgrade at RB. Hes right behind the top 4.

About the 12 hole, ur worries are fine but thats your very last chance to get 2 good rbs. If you take anything else in rnd 2 ur rb 2 is going to be awful. dont dream of ridley, bush, demarco or any of those. U will have Lacy or bradshaw at very best, and if you look and still see a wr that slipped and decide to pass yet again on a rb ur lookin at deangelo at the very very best as ur rb 2. Meanwhile while you scamper to get running backs with a pulse, there will be serviceable upside wrs passing you by round after round that you could have waited for.

brees/rodgers/brady/manning/newton, ryan is the #6 qb. 6 isnt a stud to me, FF wise.

i draft where the value is, i dont pigeon hole myself into positions.

i scapmer to find rbs, you scamper to find wrs. ill take my chances. i got CJ last year.

these names of running backs you throw around, last year the sure things in rd 2-3 would of been sjax, mcfadden, muarry, mathews. how did those backs work out?

brees/rodgers/brady/manning/newton, ryan is the #6 qb. 6 isnt a stud to me, FF wise.

i scapmer to find rbs, you scamper to find wrs. ill take my chances. i got CJ last year.

these names of running backs you throw around, last year the sure things in rd 2-3 would of been sjax, mcfadden, muarry, mathews. how did those backs work out?

I feel you, but its risk vs reward. You say Ill scamper for wrs while you scamper for rbs? Ok, sounds good to me. Ur a longtime fantasy vet from what I can see so I dont have to tell you that serviceable wrs are a dime a dozen while rbs are few and far between unless you hit the magical home runs. So ill chance mid rnd wrs over mid rnd rbs any day. Yes its all up in the air and we are all wrong about everything, every year. But all we have is risk vs reward.

I feel you, but its risk vs reward. You say Ill scamper for wrs while you scamper for rbs? Ok, sounds good to me. Ur a longtime fantasy vet from what I can see so I dont have to tell you that serviceable wrs are a dime a dozen while rbs are few and far between unless you hit the magical home runs. So ill chance mid rnd wrs over mid rnd rbs any day. Yes its all up in the air and we are all wrong about everything, every year. But all we have is risk vs reward.

clearly, we agree to disagree.

but good luck

Just to weigh in for you - keeping Charle looks like the choice, for sure. His ADP is well above 12 and that doesn't even account for the fact that your starting spot is not the typical 12, not with all the round 1 type keepers.

Your projected starting lineups would be Charles, MJD, and Green - nice. Your projected starters otherwise would be Wilson, MJD, and Green - not nearly as good. Sure in the second scenario you could get a better WR2, but in my opinion WR really flattens out after the top 4 (of which you have one).

I would not give up a stud to get more mediocre receivers.

I'm with you. I'm picking 12 of 12 in a non ppr. Every year I seem to get screwed with a top rb while my wrs are so inconsistent that it becomes more of a headache throughout the season. Picking at the turn is my excuse to go green/dez. Just seems the rbs are questionable more so this year than in past years, even the top 5 minus Peterson.

i'm going 2 backs..WR is incredibly deep this year, you'll probably have your selection of 2 of the following: forte, ridley, cj2k, sjax

if you have a flex position at the 3/4 turn you should still be able to get a WR like vjax/colston/bowe and hopefully a RB that falls like bell/wilson/miller/dmc/sproles, if not you double up on WR and add RB depth later

i'm going 2 backs..WR is incredibly deep this year, you'll probably have your selection of 2 of the following: forte, ridley, cj2k, sjax

if you have a flex position at the 3/4 turn you should still be able to get a WR like vjax/colston/bowe and hopefully a RB that falls like bell/wilson/miller/dmc/sproles, if not you double up on WR and add RB depth later

I've heard wr is deep way too much. I guess when you talk about mediocre, middle of the road, consistently inconsistent then yes, the wr position is deep. Forte, Ridley, cj2k, sjax over dez, aj, or Marshall while others do get the top 5 rbs? No thanks. That will give them a top rb plus top wr. Plays right into what they want.

Little different cause I'm picking 11 of 14, but my initial strategy is to go RB in round one assuming at least 1-2 of the first 10 picks aren't RBs. From there I consider Forte, CJ or NJD if they're available in Round 2. If not I take a strict BPA and shoot for Wildon / Ball at 3-4 or load up in receivers and settle for a guy like Bradshaw a little later.

Elite RBs will all go off the board Round 1. After that I will take Dez, AJ or Demarious all day over guys like SJax or Gore. I'd rather draft a younger back in 3-on and take my chances.

We start 2 RB, plus a WR/RB flex, so RBs go hard and fast in my 12 team redraft, therefore the best available would likely be SJAX/Forte at the turn. Every time I grab both in a mock I end up unhappy with my WR1, but when I take one of those two and follow it up with Dez or AJ, I end up unhappy with my RB2. I think the best bet is to go RB/WR, stash a few mid-late round RB's on your bench, and hope one of those gets an opportunity and seizes it. On the other hand, I know at least 6-7 guys in my league will have 2 RB's after 3 rounds, so the chance a guy like Miller, Bush or Bell fall to me at the 3/4 is slim, which leads me to think I should go RB/RB. Honestly, I have no idea what to do. You're welcome.

we have a flex slot in my league so rbs are premium. my mocks online are looking something like

1)sjax(possibly chis johnson or morris if lucky)

2)forte

3)wilson

4)manning or ryan

5)wr brown

6)wr decker

7)wr shorts

kinda weak at wr but its a work in progress.

Personally I think that the RB/WR combo is the best. Last year in my PPR league Marshall finished ahead of Megatron and 4th overall for WR/RB/TE. If I can pair him with an Alfred Morris or even Forte I think I'm setting a great foundation for my team early on. it also gives flexibility for the 3/4 turn. The key point is....never box yourself in for your plans. If you're dead set on RB/RB or RB/WR or WR/WR....chances are you are going to make a mistake somewhere down the road letting value slip through your fingers.

The most important thing is as well....you have a limited time window to see what everyone else's plans are once the first three rounds are done. You have to analyze and decide very quickly how the runs are going to be and whether or not you'll be the one starting the runs or whether you can survive them.

:::edited to note Marshall's finishing spot amongst flex eligible positions:::