Sign in to follow this  
gcgopher

Which is easier? Finding WW WR's or RB's?

it's WR and not even close, not only due to sheer volume but also opportunity the position provides by teams going to the spread and multiple WR sets

Wait on TE's, grab a QB you feel comfortable with any time 5th round an on.

I want 2rb/2wr before my QB (depends which end of snake you are on too). I'll wait on TE's not named Graham, I won it all with Gresham so I ain't picky.

If you're looking for an elite guy that can win your league as a waiver wire gem, RB.

If you're looking for a guy you can plug in to your lineup on a regular basis, WR.

I've had the best luck picking up a hot WR off the wire.

I haven't been as lucky picking up a starting RB.

RBs by a mile. RB blows a knee his backup can take you the rest of the way. WR blows a knee, you likely don't want his backup.

Only if you are lucky enough to be in WW position when it happens. For everything else, I agree, WR by far. Surprises every year that can be found BEFORE some big news occurs like a RB with a blown out knee.

WR for quantity. Pick up the decent one with a good matchup that week, then toss him once a tough matchup comes up.

RB for quality. Pick up a guy who is on the verge and cross your fingers.

Do you find it easier to pluck a potential stud RB or WR off the waiver wire during the year?

will thats really depends on how the season is playing out . imo

for rbs on the ww you have to pick them up in week 1 or 2 (after theyve blown up and surprised everyone)and pay a fortune for them for the most part and even then you have to get lucky that they didnt just have a hot game. for wr im always able to find a few gems here and there to get me through the year at very reasonable prices,

when i need a rb badly i almost always have to trade for one. i can almost always find a wr with some value on ww.

I'm not really sure how to answer this question. I'm going to interpret it as: during the draft, which position do I want to feel more rock solid at, such that I can backfill the other during the year over the WW?

The answer is RB of course. And relatedly, WR is easier to fill with WW.