Sign in to follow this  
Old School

The # 2 decision

12 team PPR redraft.

Trying to decide who to take at the #2 spot.

Would rather be sitting at 5 or 6, but I'm drafting at 2.

AP will go at 1. Leaving a group of question marks.

Talk me out of taking Charles.

I think he was vastly under used last year. I think the new head coach will be using his most valuable weapon.

That ankle/ leg injury has me worried.

Foster? Taking injections, may miss game 1, and has a solid backup.

Martin? Is he the real deal? Sophomore slump? he scored 55 against the Raiders last year and that helped pad his stats. For some reason I'm not sold on him. Am Iissing the boat here?

Ray Rice finished as the fourth RB in our league last year. Can he keep it up?

Everyone has their own rankings, but I see question marks all over the top 5 or 6 spots.

So, talk me out of Charles.

Safest pick is Doug Martin. I've always said that its better to go the safe route in the first round because you don't want to miss on a 1st round pick.

I picked #2 in a 12 man PPR too, and I went with Martin. I was all over the place trying to choose between Charles , Lynch , and Cj Spiller, but I ended up going with who I thought was the safest pick, Martin. Now don't get me wrong, I don't feel terrific about it, but he should be pretty good.

Spiller and Charles both have high ceilings.

Martin would seem to have a higher floor but its a crapshoot to me

I think LeSean McCoy will be the #1 RB by seasons end. He's certainly a safe bet from a durability standpoint as well

12 team PPR redraft.

Trying to decide who to take at the #2 spot.

Would rather be sitting at 5 or 6, but I'm drafting at 2.

AP will go at 1. Leaving a group of question marks.

Talk me out of taking Charles.

I think he was vastly under used last year. I think the new head coach will be using his most valuable weapon.

That ankle/ leg injury has me worried.

Foster? Taking injections, may miss game 1, and has a solid backup.

Martin? Is he the real deal? Sophomore slump? he scored 55 against the Raiders last year and that helped pad his stats. For some reason I'm not sold on him. Am Iissing the boat here?

Ray Rice finished as the fourth RB in our league last year. Can he keep it up?

Everyone has their own rankings, but I see question marks all over the top 5 or 6 spots.

So, talk me out of Charles.

then take cal johnson is a ppr . but of the rbs listed i like foster still just read that he is fine again seems to have a problem during every preseason ..mmm i wonder why

I battled the same thing. IMO there is a very legitimate argument to be made on every RB from AP-Alf to finish top 5 (maybe top 3), both pro & con. And that still applies in Standard vs PPR.

I believe that history even suggests that roughly 4-5 of the top 10 don't make the list from one yr to the next so maybe it's even broader than Alf....?

That would suggest that 40-50% of the top 10 RBs will be a bust (odds - I'm not saying it, the odds are), for various reasons.

Basically put, every pick has a certain level of risk...even AP. The various rankings & personal opinions that flood the internet today only prove my point that there isn't a clear cut tier'd system that no one can find fault with.

Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut feeling & hope for the best.

Sure I could throw names at you but I won't be 100% sure they'll finish top 5 so it's up to you.

I wouldn't suggest Megatron though. Personally, any WR/QB/TE drafted in the first is too high of a price for my blood.

Take Charles, Martin, Foster, Rice, McCoy, Spiller or whomever is highest on your rankings board and don't sweat it. Then, in the middle rounds, make sure to draft for value. IMO missing in the 1st round is not that devastating. Last year, I missed on my 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks (DMC, Murray, AHern :doh:) but still had the most points in my league by a wide margin mostly on the strength of my draft in rounds 6-11).