Sign in to follow this  
waxg

Tier 7 WRs - who is most likely to break out as a #1 or #2 WR?

I'm in a unique auction dynasty league where 75 players are being kept before draft day and stud options are limited. I am looking great with AP, Foster, and Peyton all locked in, and I've got some other good players in other positions. Bottom line is that I won't have much money to play with on draft day, but I need to buy 1 WR in the $8-$15 range who can serve as my #2 WR. (My other WRs right now are V Jax and Golden Tate). Here are the guys who will be available and who I may be able to afford. I want to decide pre-draft which guy to go after. All of the prices on these guys will be inflated because of the limited options. Who should it be? And why?

Miles Austin (been burned by his injuries before, so not a huge fan)

Kenny Britt (seems to have huge upside, but I don't know alot about him)

Lance Moore (he always sells for too much for his value I think)

Emmanuel Sanders (Love the upside, but a lot of people down on Steelers this year)

Reuben Randle (He's a #3 if Hakeem and Cruz healthy, but if not, he could post good #s)

Kendall Wright (injured now?)

Brian Hartline (seems to always outplay his projections)

DeAndre Hopkins (raw rookie with concussion issues already)

Justin Blackmon (maybe good value, but will I lose the league before he comes back?)

Kendrell Thompkins (after lastnight's game I don't think he's gonna be cheap anymore)

Appreciate all opinions.

From the same tier, I think Josh Gordon is my favorite. Gotta have patience as he will miss the first two games with a suspension, but I think he might be a solid WR2 at a great value.

Justin Blackmon (maybe good value, but will I lose the league before he comes back?)

If that's your team in your signature then I don't think you'll have to worry about "will I lose the league before he comes back". Take Blackmon if you can get him.

2. Thompkins

3. Randle

meh on everyone else.

• Like 1

From the same tier, I think Josh Gordon is my favorite. Gotta have patience as he will miss the first two games with a suspension, but I think he might be a solid WR2 at a great value.

He's a keeper for the defending champ. Otherwise he'd be on the list.

Any others pique your interest?

Assuming Hilton is gone.

Michael Floyd or Chris Givens available?

All gone.

Assume they are being kept if you don't see them here.

The next guys ranked on the list are not part of this group (Patterson, Edelman, DHB, Andre Roberts)

He's a keeper for the defending champ. Otherwise he'd be on the list.

Any others pique your interest?

I like Randle's upside, but you don't want to rely on a guy who is a #3 on their own team. Kendall Wright I loved until the knee injury. Hopkins is in the 1st stage of his concussion test.

If I had to pick someone who I could start week 1 in that slot, I go with one of Austin or Britt. Probably Austin because he is currently healthy and in a good passing offense. If you can get Thompkins at a reasonable price (lower than most on the list) he could also be the guy.Those are the guys who look to be locks to get targets. I like a lot of these guys, but most I would rather have on my bench and put them into my lineup if they look good early.

Getting Austin and then pairing him with whoever is cheaper out of Thompkins/Blackmon/Hopkins and then selling high if Austin has another good start seems like it could be your play. I wouldn't want to count on him all season.

Vincent Brown?

not available, also being kept by the champ.

SANU - looks great in preseason ..

Also kept. Trust me, the guys on my list are the best available.

In the lead:

K.Britt

L.Moore

M.Austin

if they're all overpriced, then Hartline and/or A.Roberts will probably be the better values.

yeah they look ugly on paper... but it's not like you're going for vanity by posting your team in message board signatures.

errrr nevermind :music_guitarred:

Kendrell will probably not be worth the price and I wouldn't mess with Blackmon at all.