Sign in to follow this  
doughboys_2002

I need some help

I am fully capable of managing my team, but I sometimes hit sticky spots and need opinions to guide me. So my draft got blown up from the start, just some odd ball picks that threw me. We are in a 4 player keeper league with 12 teams, non-ppr. So I traded Brady for Palmer and a 2nd (6th if you count keeper as first 4 rounds). Colin K was available and every one was set at QB so I figured he would fall to me at the 9 spot. Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Jimmy Graham, CJ2k, Matt Forte, Steven Jackson, Demarco Murray, Eddie Lacy, Darren McFadden, and so on available. Teams were in desperate need of WR or RB's so I figure he would be a safe bet for me with 3 picks in our first two rounds Picks 9, 14, and 15. Well he went 3rd (51st) overall so I got screwed on QB's. My roster is as follows:

C. Palmer

S. Bradford

C. Johnson

A.J. Green

E. Decker

S. Smith

H. Nicks

D. Hopkins

A. Foster

CJ2K

D. Sproles

B. Tate

J. Cook

J. Finley

G. Hartley

Cleveland

After my first two choices went before my first pick I just drafted best available. I don't typically draft two TE's, but carry 5-6 WR's and 5-6 RB's. I know Bradford and Palmer are huge fliers, but like I said the only real option for me was Kaepernick, when he was gone I was screwed. I need a QB and RB that is reliable. CJ2k is a huge question, Foster is a huge question, Sproles is a spot starter, and Tate is a handcuff that gets injured. We start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. So I was thinking of offering Foster and Calvin Johnson for Aaron Rodgers and Doug Martin. I feel as though I should be asking more in return, but not sure what level of player? Or should I ride it out and pick up Weeden after the first week and play matchups? We keep one empty bench spot after our first week. Our waiver goes from worst to first with one WW pick per week processed on Saturday, or Wednesday depending on scheduled games. Once your free bench spot is full you have to drop a player to add that one WW pickup. I would love to have Rodgers and Martin, but I feel I am giving in too much, am I wrong or should I just nab Weeden and ride with it?

Ride it out Palmer will throw the ball 30 to 40 times a game. You have a great team love cook and Finley too.

Doughboy you are solid... I wouldn't worry about QB so much. If I was you I would try to flip 2 of those WRs (Decker & Nicks) for another RB. Maybe a Murray, Ivory, Lamar Miller... or maybe two weaker WRs for someone like Ryan Matthews. There are always 1 or 2 QBs that come out of no where to get in the top 10. (Vick, Russell Wilson, etc.)

Im high on Palmer but not that high. This yr everyone fell to the QBs don't matter mindset... bs... they don't matter I always try to get elite QB or 7-11 twice. So my highest rated back up and mid level QB. If I get elite QB I settle for 12-15th backup.

I think you should target over looked QBs but if you land your said deal Aaron go for it. RG3 is most overlooked QB obviously if he kept the guy forget it more likely in a keeper. Go for Kaepernick, Luck or Wilson if possible. I think most under rated QB that you can get is Romo. You heard me unless its week 17 vs the NYG he is a great ff QB... I would be sweating like a mofo in da playoffs but not a cowboys fan.

I would package Hakeem Nicks and Decker for a lower top QB to a guy with weak WR or has Cruz, Demaryus or Welker.

Can you give me a link to your waiver wire? I don't like trading an elite WR corps only if u land top QB.

I am fully capable of managing my team, but I sometimes hit sticky spots and need opinions to guide me.

C. Palmer, S. Bradford

C. Johnson, A.J. Green, E. Decker, S. Smith, H. Nicks, Hopkins

A. Foster, CJ2K, Sproles, Tate

J. Cook, Finley

G. Hartley

Cleveland

So I was thinking of offering Foster and Calvin Johnson for Aaron Rodgers and Doug Martin.

First, it never hurts to get outside insight on things. It's never a knock on anyone who resorts to a little help. There's always that hope that they could shed some light on something we missed!

Your team is solid. It's tough with four man keeper leagues, but it looks like you've established good keepers and drafted well according to your leagues keeper rules. You have solid studs and draft young stars who could become stellar. I applaud your efforts and it's obvious you know what you're doing.

Foster and Calvin for Rodgers and Martin.

I like the trade for you. You have AJ, so you have the 2nd/3rd best wr in the game. Decker, Smith & Nicks are solid. Nicks is very under valued this year due to injury. If healthy he'll ascend back to the top in New York and become a WR1. Pretty impressive considering he's your third/fourth wr. While Calvin is the undisputed king at WR, you can survive without him thanks to you drafting well. I think that Aaron Rodgers is much, much better than Palmer/Bradford. Rodgers will get you 10 more points per week over Palmer/Bradford. I think the receiver you put in Calvins place will be about a 6-7 point difference. So, in my opinion, Rodgers on your team would get you more points per week.

I think we can agree Foster cannot continue to carry the load he's carried. If so, he's done in a year or two. Why would they want to make him carry the load when they have Tate to help and have nice weapons through the air. Even if Foster out performs Martin this year, in two, three years that won't be the case. Martin is the #1 pick for the next four/five years. I would rather have Martin in a keeper league. I would assume that whoever you trade to is going to want Tate in the deal....which I would gladly throw in.

I do think it's time to move Foster. Too many carries, he's gonna hit the wall. He's already nicked up and in question. Get out while you can.

Again, great job already. The team is solid and you're gonna contend no matter what you do. I think the trade is more about the future than this year. Let us know what happens. You seem pretty fantasy savy, so I'm interested to see what you do and how it works out.

Good luck!!

Unless you think CJ or AJ is gonna get injured your bench WR are gonna ride the bench and S Smith is more than adequate WR backup/Flex.

Erick Decker is 3rd WR in an offense understand its Peyton and will crack 1000 but how many rec TDs will he get. Hakeem is behind Colston in most injured WR. I don't remember a season Hakeem finished a season why not pick up Reuben Randall if u got empty slot... Remember Cruz came out of no where... S Smith giants also... Mario too. If any team in the league knows how to pick WR low round/free agents its NYG.

Are you gonna bench ur two main guys doubt it... so baring injury you only need 2 backups... and S Smith is awesome... so in the unlikely event u get 2 WR injuries you might have to worry. There is no QB depth in ur league.

Personally I would rather have Josh Freeman than Sam Bradford (faces SF and Sea twice).

If you want greater WR depth: Nate Washington/Kendall Wright make sense... Im really high on Malcolm Floyd but he is an injury liability but not as much as Gates means more targets if Gates is hurt again... he is going up against Hou though you can wait a week for that pick up, Ten v Pit you would think so too but not so sure.

CLE is a decent DST but I like TB this week better doubt anyone will steal them from you unless you know something I don't.

Lastly I would drop Jared Cook TE for Shonne Greene dat give u great fantasy RB security and doubt Cook will out perform Finley.

QBs to target: I look over your league

Luck go all out... Romo, Ryan. You can also get a cheaper deal if you go after Big Ben, Dalton and the ultra bargain... Alex Smith you can have a 3 QB committee if all else fails. If your feeling brave go RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson, Brees or Peyton Manning.

Unless you think CJ or AJ is gonna get injured your bench WR are gonna ride the bench and S Smith is more than adequate WR backup/Flex.

Erick Decker is 3rd WR in an offense understand its Peyton and will crack 1000 but how many rec TDs will he get. Hakeem is behind Colston in most injured WR. I don't remember a season Hakeem finished a season why not pick up Reuben Randall if u got empty slot... Remember Cruz came out of no where... S Smith giants also... Mario too. If any team in the league knows how to pick WR low round/free agents its NYG.

Are you gonna bench ur two main guys doubt it... so baring injury you only need 2 backups... and S Smith is awesome... so in the unlikely event u get 2 WR injuries you might have to worry. There is no QB depth in ur league.

Personally I would rather have Josh Freeman than Sam Bradford (faces SF and Sea twice).

If you want greater WR depth: Nate Washington/Kendall Wright make sense... Im really high on Malcolm Floyd but he is an injury liability but not as much as Gates means more targets if Gates is hurt again... he is going up against Hou though you can wait a week for that pick up, Ten v Pit you would think so too but not so sure.

CLE is a decent DST but I like TB this week better doubt anyone will steal them from you unless you know something I don't.

Lastly I would drop Jared Cook TE for Shonne Greene dat give u great fantasy RB security and doubt Cook will out perform Finley.

QBs to target: I look over your league

Luck go all out... Romo, Ryan. You can also get a cheaper deal if you go after Big Ben, Dalton and the ultra bargain... Alex Smith you can have a 3 QB committee if all else fails. If your feeling brave go RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson, Brees or Peyton Manning.

While I appreciate 49erGold's input I think Cook is in for the biggest rise in production over any position player in the league. I fully expect him to be a top five TE by years end. I believe Cook will put up consistant numbers from week to week. Who is his competition? Finley will compete with Jordy, Jones, Cobb and Lacy. I think he'll be decent, but doesn't have the upside of Cook.

49erGold was spot on about wide receiver depth. If you only start two, who cares who your 3rd/4th is. You will only start them once, twice a year. Obviously you want one solid back-up in case of injury. Hopkins is nice to sit on to see if he blows up and becomes a keepable player.

Due to good drafting you have set yourself up pretty good. You have a lot of options. If you do nothing, you are still good to go.

Hold on all players, don't make any moves. Ur stacked at rb and wr so that's all that matters. U need to find a reliable qb tho, so hope Carson pays off. Pounce on a FA qb that does well out the gate and hope to latch onto a miracle season.

I really like Romo but the guy wont give him up and he has Wilson. I LOVE Brees (Saints fan) but he wont give him up even though he has Luck, who I also like. As much as I like Megatron I think it is time to move on before he falls back to the pack. Same for Foster

I don't know about your league, but my leagues are usually hesitant to trade their first couple draft picks...I think you'd be more likely to package Palmer or Bradford with one of your bench WR's for Stafford or something. No flex spot and only start 2 WR's? No need to have 3 top 30 WR's on the bench when you've already got 2 of the top 3...