How do I straighten this team out?

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

RB-Lynch, MJD, Reserve none

WR-Cobb, Wallace, Reserve-M Austin, Moore, Gordon

TE-Gresham, Reserve-Miller, J Thomas

Flex-Mathews, Reserve-see receivers

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

I have good runningbacks if MJD doesnt suffer because of Gabbert and Mathews can get more carries out of that OL. But Luck is not gonna have the greatest season and will play from behind a lot of games.

Tell me what I should work on during the season through free agency or trades? What needs immediate help? I just am used to having a elite QB carry my team and this is not something I'm good with. And having a no.2 QB and no.3 TE doesnt help. And no deep threat whatsoever on my team.

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

I have good runningbacks if MJD doesnt suffer because of Gabbert and Mathews can get more carries out of that OL. But Luck is not gonna have the greatest season and will play from behind a lot of games.

Tell me what I should work on during the season through free agency or trades? What needs immediate help? I just am used to having a elite QB carry my team and this is not something I'm good with. And having a no.2 QB and no.3 TE doesnt help. And no deep threat whatsoever on my team.

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse but you don't have a strong position group that stands out as a potential use for trade bait to improve another area. I'd hope that one of your starting WR's has a huge game in the 1st few weeks so you can trade for another RB since you only have 3 rostered. Then you can hopefully ride Josh Gordon when he comes back in week 3 to replace the WR you traded away from either Cobb/Wallace. Good luck!

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

Curious how many teams, where was your draft spot, 10-12 I assume, and who was your 4th round pick? I assume you went Lynch, MJD, Cobb, then I'm lost. Why 3 TEs too?

Okay I will improve your team:

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

Step 1) Get the handcuff of Turbin and Christie Micheal for Lynch.

Step 2) Get Zudfeld off waiver wire for TE (one or two week plug)

Step 3) Get J. Bell Det., he will get you points

Step 4) Go to Store

Step 5) Purchase Beer

Step 6) Drink Heavily

Step 7) profit

I drafted Luck fourth, Wallace fifth, Mathews sixth........................I picked up Thomas and Big Ben and dropped DeAndre Hopkins and Powell a few days after the draft.

Start Austin, sit Wallace.

Which Moore is that? Rob? Herman?

Lance, he's startable in easier matchups. Doesnt produce the best in the big games.

Okay I will improve your team:

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

Step 1) Get the handcuff of Turbin and Christie Micheal for Lynch.

Step 2) Get Zudfeld off waiver wire for TE (one or two week plug)

Step 3) Get J. Bell Det., he will get you points

Step 4) Go to Store

Step 5) Purchase Beer

Step 6) Drink Heavily

Step 7) profit

My runningbacks are fine and nobody has picked up Turbin or Michael or even thinking of it. Sudfeld is already taken he was drafted by a pats fan. Bell was also picked up. But Leveon Bell is on FA though.

I could make a trade to maybe help. Like Cobb, would it work if I traded him for Andre or Almendola? Fitzgerald? Maybe I could trade Mike Wallace for Steve Smith?

What I really need is to be sure to find a good FA gem maybe on receiver or tightend since thats my biggest issue. I feel texans will put up defensive points this year. They looked strong in preaseason and even forced Brees to have to hand off to his backs.

I drafted Luck fourth, Wallace fifth, Mathews sixth........................I picked up Thomas and Big Ben and dropped DeAndre Hopkins and Powell a few days after the draft.

Dropping Deandre Hopkins was a mistake. Can you get him back? No need to carry 3 TEs.

Edit: get Bell before Hopkins. Drop a TE. He'll be back within a few weeks and gives you some trade bait/depth.

There's where you went wrong, taking Luck in the 4th. I assume 12 teams with standard scoring, no ppr? OMG, please go get Bell and drop a TE. You don't need 3 TEs. Any other decent free agents out there?

Dropping Deandre Hopkins was a mistake. Can you get him back? No need to carry 3 TEs.

Edit: get Bell before Hopkins. Drop a TE. He'll be back within a few weeks and gives you some trade bait/depth.

I already have Moore, Austin, and Gordon. And I don't want to look stupid by dropping a tightend in Thomas that could turn out to be a huge stud. But we just do not know.

There's where you went wrong, taking Luck in the 4th. I assume 12 teams with standard scoring, no ppr? OMG, please go get Bell and drop a TE. You don't need 3 TEs. Any other decent free agents out there?

Yes 12 teams, no ppr.

I didnt know my team was that bad..............I should have just drafted Brady or Manning in the second or third round instead of MJD or Cobb.

I'd probably hope Cobb starts off the year very strong so that you could then trade him for help elsewhere.

I didnt know my team was that bad..............I should have just drafted Brady or Manning in the second or third round instead of MJD or Cobb.

No, you should've loaded up on WRs and RBs if Brady and Manning were going early. You should have waited til rounds 7, 8, or 9 for your QB(s). In a 12 team league you should've been able to land Romo, Stafford, RG3, etc late while loading up everywhere else.

No, you should've loaded up on WRs and RBs if Brady and Manning were going early. You should have waited til rounds 7, 8, or 9 for your QB(s). In a 12 team league you should've been able to land Romo, Stafford, RG3, etc late while loading up everywhere else.

Yup, this works.

If you haven't, get Bell already. List the top FA still available, particularly @ RB, WR and TE. But Bell is a key pickup right now.

Don't panic and make more foolish mistakes on top of it. I think the folks here are being a bit harsh. IMO, the team might be ok. You did make mistakes with your 4th, 5th, and 6th and appear weak, but this team is workable.

First, Your Def and Kick I think are great.

I personally think Gresham is a sleeper. And Thomas might be a stud. Dropping Miller was the right thing to do. Bell probably the right choice too.

I think your worried about Luck for nothing. He's going to be really good. I wouldn't have took him in the 4th. That's not good. But, he's going to be in the upper ranks for QB's. I don't like Rothless, but to me your ok at QB also.

I think MJD will also have a nice year, and the starting Seattle RB will be a stud. NOW, I would try and back Lynch up for sure though. I'm not sure with who though? I think C. Michael is by far the better back. But, I think Turbin would get chances cause he knows the system better and is a better blocker. I saw Michael get blown up a few times. I would go with the rookie I guess. Not a big fan of Matthews and you drafted him to early also, but he's had a good preseason, and there's not much else in SD to work with. So he could be ok.
I'm ok with your RB's. Need more depth for sure. I would maybe even let Big Ben go to add more depth. Luck is a every week starter.

WR's to me could give you your problems... I'm not a fan of Wallace or Tannehill. But he is a #1. He should get targets. He could be underrated. But, he's a guy I would try and trade for sure if possible. Not a fan of Gordan, but he is a #1 wr for his team also.

Austin might not be so bad. This pick might end up being the one that really works out for you the most. I would probably start him and Cobb week 1.

You need Cobb to be a #1... This is huge. From what he did last year this might work out. This is why I didn't want him where he was going. He doesn't appear to give the sense of a #1 WR. Moore is ok depth.

-I'd drop Miller and maybe Big Ben.

-I'd look to upgrade starting WR and RB depth. (Wallace, Gordan, and Moore I'd most want to trade - But, anybody is tradable)

-Don't panic. It's not that bad. A. Luck won't be your problem.

-I'd be careful starting Wallace. I would treat him like all the others and play matchups.

Good Luck!

Ehh, your team isn't horrible. I just don't see a legit 4th round pick.

In theory it should have been.

1Lynch

2MJD

3Cobb

4?????

5Matthews

6Wallace

But it looks like you shifted matthews and wallace to 4th and 5th round picks.

I've seen much worse.

Ehh, your team isn't horrible. I just don't see a legit 4th round pick.

In theory it should have been.

1Lynch

2MJD

3Cobb

4?????

5Matthews

6Wallace

But it looks like you shifted matthews and wallace to 4th and 5th round picks.

I've seen much worse.

I totally agree, he doesnt have a bad team period. Take a flyer chance on WR like Patton or Patterson, or hang on to Lavon Bell. He might be back sooner than you think.

There were predrafts and seven active people in the draft. Only two sure misses, three predrafts. Everyone was jumping on players. Rodgers was taken round 1, with the 10th pick. Brees was taken round 2 with the 16th pick. RG3 was taken round 4 with the 48th pick. I picked 2nd, 23rd, 26th, 47th first four rounds. When it came to pick round 5 I thought I would get Gronk round 5 three picks later, I skipped on him. Instead I got Luck. Luck was a late fourth in almost all of the mocks I was in so I thought that would have been fine drafting him there. In round 5 my options were among receivers Wallace, Welker, Steve Smith, Antonio Brown, Nelson. Because I drafted Cobb I didnt want to have two receivers on my team that could rotate big weeks. Wallace has potential to break open for big plays and felt he would be the better choice over Welker and Smith. I don't like Smith's schedule facing off against top secondaries and corners of Cromartie, Grimes, Browner, Peterson, Revis. So I took Wallace hoping he does well against the likes of Indy, Atlanta(who doesnt have a strong secondary after losing Grimes), New Orleans, Buffalo, Carolina who don't have the best secondaries and chances are Wallace will rake in late yards against New England, San Diego, and Pittsburgh. I have viewed Mathews as a big sleeper pick. He's rushed 26 times for 121 yards in four preseason games. He looks to bounce back.

And half my players play the horrid AFC South run defenses. MJD has titans, colts, raiders, broncos, rams, cards, browns, and bills. Lynch is good all the time and has rams, cards, jaguars, titans, colts, saints, falcons, panthers, vikings, giants none can stop the run. Mathews was someone I took a chance on because of playing the raiders, broncos, jaguars, titans, colts, giants, eagles. The run defenses do not get much easier than those. Cobb could do well against SF week 1 as they will be out to stop the deep threat(Nelson), week 2 who knows redskins secondary isnt great and that could be a Nelson game. But Cobb had 100 yard games last year just didnt get in the endzone enough. Its just my QB and WR that is a concern.

If it helps the best guy in my league has these players(according to Fantasy genius)

QB-Manning(Peyton)

RB-Peterson, Jackson, Reserve-F Jackson, Mendenhall

WR-Bowe, Welker, Reserve-Sanders, T Austin

TE-Cameron, Reserve-Sudfeld

Flex-Jennings

Def-Steelers

PK-Hauschca

Someone else cannot think of on reserves.

Don't panic and make more foolish mistakes on top of it. I think the folks here are being a bit harsh. IMO, the team might be ok. You did make mistakes with your 4th, 5th, and 6th and appear weak, but this team is workable.

First, Your Def and Kick I think are great.

I personally think Gresham is a sleeper. And Thomas might be a stud. Dropping Miller was the right thing to do. Bell probably the right choice too.

I think your worried about Luck for nothing. He's going to be really good. I wouldn't have took him in the 4th. That's not good. But, he's going to be in the upper ranks for QB's. I don't like Rothless, but to me your ok at QB also.

I think MJD will also have a nice year, and the starting Seattle RB will be a stud. NOW, I would try and back Lynch up for sure though. I'm not sure with who though? I think C. Michael is by far the better back. But, I think Turbin would get chances cause he knows the system better and is a better blocker. I saw Michael get blown up a few times. I would go with the rookie I guess. Not a big fan of Matthews and you drafted him to early also, but he's had a good preseason, and there's not much else in SD to work with. So he could be ok.

I'm ok with your RB's. Need more depth for sure. I would maybe even let Big Ben go to add more depth. Luck is a every week starter.

WR's to me could give you your problems... I'm not a fan of Wallace or Tannehill. But he is a #1. He should get targets. He could be underrated. But, he's a guy I would try and trade for sure if possible. Not a fan of Gordan, but he is a #1 wr for his team also.

Austin might not be so bad. This pick might end up being the one that really works out for you the most. I would probably start him and Cobb week 1.

You need Cobb to be a #1... This is huge. From what he did last year this might work out. This is why I didn't want him where he was going. He doesn't appear to give the sense of a #1 WR. Moore is ok depth.

-I'd drop Miller and maybe Big Ben.

-I'd look to upgrade starting WR and RB depth. (Wallace, Gordan, and Moore I'd most want to trade - But, anybody is tradable)

-Don't panic. It's not that bad. A. Luck won't be your problem.

-I'd be careful starting Wallace. I would treat him like all the others and play matchups.

Good Luck!

Thanks. Finally someone has insight. I'll see if I can trade one of those three for depth.

QB-Luck, Reserve-Big Ben

PK-Dawson

Def-Houston

??? No deep threat? What is Mike Wallace?

OK. I would not cut Big Ben unless you are replacing him with a better option at QB. You always need a back up for insurance. The worse thing that can happen is Luck gets hurt, Ben and others have been taken and now you are stuck with options like Rivers or Ponder.

Starting RBs are fine, but there is no depth and your flex Mathews has scored 1 TD in 13 games.

Is this Lance Moore, not Denarious?

Cobb is good. Wallace we will see and so to with Josh Gordon. He could save you.

No reason to have 3 TEs and I would argue even 2 is too much. There is not much difference between the #6 in the league and #26. So pick one and drop the others and add some RBs and WRs.

Are any of the following on waivers: Deangelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Bilia Powell, Mark Ingram, Golden Tate, Chris Givens, Kendrell Thompkins, Darius Heyward-Bey, Michael Floyd, Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Ryan Broyles

??? No deep threat? What is Mike Wallace?

OK. I would not cut Big Ben unless you are replacing him with a better option at QB. You always need a back up for insurance. The worse thing that can happen is Luck gets hurt, Ben and others have been taken and now you are stuck with options like Rivers or Ponder.

Starting RBs are fine, but there is no depth and your flex Mathews has scored 1 TD in 13 games.

Is this Lance Moore, not Denarious?

Cobb is good. Wallace we will see and so to with Josh Gordon. He could save you.

No reason to have 3 TEs and I would argue even 2 is too much. There is not much difference between the #6 in the league and #26. So pick one and drop the others and add some RBs and WRs.

Are any of the following on waivers: Deangelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Bilia Powell, Mark Ingram, Golden Tate, Chris Givens, Kendrell Thompkins, Darius Heyward-Bey, Michael Floyd, Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Ryan Broyles

Yes, Lance. I don't plan to drop Big Ben. I drafted Powell with last pick but dropped him to get Big Ben. I added LBell to my team to help with depth. Tonight its looking better when I was panicking yesterday.

So you made a good move dropping Heath and getting Bell. By week three you will have a better flex than Mathews.

Now, I don't think its as bad as you are worried about. Again, there isn't really a position group that sticks out as amazingly strong, but there aren't any gaping holes (until somebody gets hurt.)

You panicked and reached for a few players like Luck and Mathews and I'm not to high on Wallace but it isn't like they won't produce. I would try to package Wallace and Mathews in a trade and pick up Christine Michael (handcuff Lynch) off of the WW with your empty spot.

You might have hit a homerun with J Thomas, Houston's defense is top-flight, Luck could end up as a 10 QB, and you're running backs when healthy are serviceable. Anyway, next year, do a little more research and run some mock drafts that reflect your league. Once you have your draft position, pick 3-4 players each round to target and you will be fine.

Please See Mine and leave an update from yours. Good luck:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=422567