Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

Dump Chris Ivory?

He looked absolutely dreadful Wk1 and did nothing in preseason. Waiver wire holds guys like K. Moreno, J. Bell, etc. He is my 4th RB but just not even sure he is worth the spot anymore. Thinking of holding him for one more week but cutting him loose if he doesn't do anything Thursday night. Thoughts?

Ivory is talented, but he seems to have fallen off track in New York before even getting started. I don't think I'd dump him, but he'd be on my watchlist. I have to think there's a deep flyer on your bench you'd be more inclined to replace than a guy in whom you invested a 6th or 7th round pick, or a decent smattering of auction bucks.

don't....powell isn't very good, the jets traded a 4th for Ivory...keep him on your bench he'll be getting the majority of carries sooner or later. plus he had a hammy in training camp, they're probably easing him in to avoid another soft tissue injury.

-jets fan

He looked absolutely dreadful Wk1 and did nothing in preseason. Waiver wire holds guys like K. Moreno, J. Bell, etc. He is my 4th RB but just not even sure he is worth the spot anymore. Thinking of holding him for one more week but cutting him loose if he doesn't do anything Thursday night. Thoughts?

does he play for the jets? yes . then why the heck did you draft a jet anyway ? you can lose our ff playing card for that move

As a 4th RB, I think he's worth keeping on the bench for at least a week at a Wait and See. He's got talent. You have at least 3 other options to play.

Mike Goodson is the guy to own in this backfield. Read it now, believe it later. When he comes back from suspension, he will take that starting RB job and never look back. He the best receiver out of the backfield, runs hard and has some serious quickness to the hole. You can probably let him sit on your waiver wire for another week or two, but if you have a deep team already and are just looking for someone to stash away for a while, he's your guy. By week 7 he will be the starting RB and everyone in fantasyland is going to wonder where he came from. The Jets didn't let him work out his issues for no reason. He's a talent rich player who is MUCH better than anything on that roster currently. I don't want to overhype him, but he could be a fantasy season changing RB upon his return.

Mike Goodson is the guy to own in this backfield. Read it now, believe it later. When he comes back from suspension, he will take that starting RB job and never look back. He the best receiver out of the backfield, runs hard and has some serious quickness to the hole. You can probably let him sit on your waiver wire for another week or two, but if you have a deep team already and are just looking for someone to stash away for a while, he's your guy. By week 7 he will be the starting RB and everyone in fantasyland is going to wonder where he came from. The Jets didn't let him work out his issues for no reason. He's a talent rich player who is MUCH better than anything on that roster currently. I don't want to overhype him, but he could be a fantasy season changing RB upon his return.

Shhhh (¬_¬)

The preseason is meaningless and Tampa Bay has a good run defense so I wouldn't panic just yet. In fact, the Patriots proved last week that if they don't fear the QB, they are very effective against the run (ask CJ Spiller) so I wouldn't be surprised if he has another sub-par game tomorrow night. But he has the most talent out of anyone in the Jets backfield and I think he'll have a decent year in the end.