Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Do any of you guys do this?

Play your player against your defense?

Start 2 WR from one team...Amendola and Edelman?

We had a guy who started Kapernick,Davis,Gore and Boldin and killed it this week. Smart dumb or just stupid? I remember one year an Owner had Warner,Fitz and Boldin and won a ton of games and when he got into the playoffs they played in the snow in Minnesota and didnt do anything and lost.

Before the Browns trade, I was planning on rolling out T-Rich, Cameron and Gordon ROS. Crazy stuff, having your fantasy fate depend on 3 Browns players (at the time).

I'm doing this strategy this year in my sixteen team league - Brees/Graham/Sproles/Hartley - I'm 3-0 and most points scored - so for now it's working like a charm.

Same team, no problem... and always start your best players BUT

I think starting your QB vs your Defense can not only be frustrating, but also a missed opportunity depending on your settings.

In our league, QB INTs/Fum -2... INTs/Fum for your D are +2

Yes, if you start a RB/WR/TE they could fumble, but it's not likely.

However, what's the fun in watching the game if you are basically rooting for both sides... It's like an odd hedge bet. In most cases (a few exceptions), one will value their QB(s) more than their team D/ST, so hit the wire and pick up a D/ST. The alternative would be to start your QB2, if match up is favorable. The objective in FF is to score the most points possible, one cannot do that when playing offensive players VS their D/ST, and it is simply not fun to watch.

We had a guy who started Kapernick,Davis,Gore and Boldin and killed it this week. Smart dumb or just stupid? I remember one year an Owner had Warner,Fitz and Boldin and won a ton of games and when he got into the playoffs they played in the snow in Minnesota and didnt do anything and lost.

huh?

Another pet fantasy quirky behavior of mine is start both guys in a RB committee, especially during bye weeks when I'm short handed .

i do this as well when im short staffed

What was the year Warner played the outdoor game in Minnesota? I thought Favre was buried by Chicago in the one outdoor game the Vikings "hosted" which was after Warner retired.

It was NE, not Minny. I know because I had Warner and Breaston in a 16 teamer both whom I got late and rode them to the championship... only to get shellacked. :(

Before the Browns trade, I was planning on rolling out T-Rich, Cameron and Gordon ROS. Crazy stuff, having your fantasy fate depend on 3 Browns players (at the time).

Same. And yet...

I try to avoid it if possible.

Me too. Or at least I like to think I do. Apparently not though. :dunno:

If you are asking:

• Should I start multiple guys from the same team because they are going to eat the defense for lunch? And;
  • Should I also start the defense that's about to become lunch?

Then I really hope I misunderstood the question.

Mind-Boggling.

Bears dst are good fantasy d because of turnovers and return Tds they still give up big chunks of yardage and points