Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

Garrett Graham: 2013's Jacob Tamme 2010

The Texans have officially placed Owen Daniels on the IR/designated to return list, meaning he's officially out for at least the next 8 weeks. If Garrett Graham is out there and you need a TE, go get him.

In 2010, Dallas Clark went down and Jacob Tamme stepped in to be a top-5 TE the rest of the way. The Colts' offense was schemed heavily towards the TE, and the Texans do the same. Owen Daniels had 5 or more catches in 4 of his 5 games, and between Graham and Daniels the Texans have 6 TE TDs on the season. When they get inside the five, they have two main plays: Foster up the middle, or Foster play-action to the TE on a crossing route or fade.

Basically, I expect Graham to be an 8 target/game player the rest of the way, with strong TD opportunity every game. If you're struggling through Cook, Pettigrew, Myers, or anyone boom/bust, here's your answer. I wouldn't be surprised to see him outpace some guys like Finley, too.

I'm rolling with Graham over Cook in my league. I like his ceiling and likely consistency as the starter.

Thoughts on him vs. Olsen? Cam's not getting it done and the coaching staff has their head in the sand.

I grabbed him a few weeks ago as a stash, and now I'm glad I did. He'll fill in for me this week for Gonzo. Hopefully he has a big week and then I can trade him.

Thoughts on him vs. Olsen? Cam's not getting it done and the coaching staff has their head in the sand.

?? Olsen has been pretty consistent for a "normal" TE. By normal - I mean someone not named Cameron/Thomas/Graham. The only thing he is lacking is TDs. Those will come. I saw he was a bit dinged after the game this week but he's an every week starter IMO. GG is good insurance for him maybe but not a replacement.

I would put GG right around the same level as Olsen, Bennett, Finley, etc. He's right where Owen Daniels was, but with a little more upside if the Texans keep going to the TE in the red zone so often.

I have Cameron and Gates. I was going to start Cameron this week. but now I am thinking of dropping Gates for Graham and start Graham over Cameron. Bad decision???

I'm rolling with Graham over Cook in my league. I like his ceiling and likely consistency as the starter.

Same scenario for me. I was incredibly happy to see Graham still on the waiver wire. Cook has had one good game and a lot of pure crap after.

I would put GG right around the same level as Olsen, Bennett, Finley, etc. He's right where Owen Daniels was, but with a little more upside if the Texans keep going to the TE in the red zone so often.

Considering Graham is more of a receiving option than a blocker, he should see plenty of targets. With Schaub missing wildly on his throws to AJ, maybe Kubiak will try to shorten the field for him. Could be a perfect storm for those in need of a solid TE.

I have Foster, AJ, and now Graham on my roster. Do I roll out all three each week or just this week against the Rams?

Well that didn't work out. Graham greatly disappointed this week, especially with HOU in throw mode nearly the whole game. 2.5 points in standard leagues now going on the road to face KC. I may throw him away for Heath Miller at this point.

Well that didn't work out. Graham greatly disappointed this week, especially with HOU in throw mode nearly the whole game. 2.5 points in standard leagues now going on the road to face KC. I may throw him away for Heath Miller at this point.

Definitely a disappointing performance. One thing to note for folks who didn't watch the game, though: Yates' 98-yard pick six just outside the end zone was a target for Graham. If he ends up 3/35/TD, it's a much better day. So, I wouldn't throw him away, but if Heath Miller is available on your wire you should absolutely go after him. I picked up Graham in leagues where Clay, Miller, and Fleener had been long gone.

Definitely a disappointing performance. One thing to note for folks who didn't watch the game, though: Yates' 98-yard pick six just outside the end zone was a target for Graham. If he ends up 3/35/TD, it's a much better day. So, I wouldn't throw him away, but if Heath Miller is available on your wire you should absolutely go after him. I picked up Graham in leagues where Clay, Miller, and Fleener had been long gone.

I guess my concern is, Graham goes on the road to KC this week, who has been perhaps the best defense against TEs this year, then he's off in week 8. I could always pick him back up coming off that bye as his performance this week won't garner much attention. /csb