Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

The Edelman train... when do we jump?

His FF numbers are good enough that it's a debate to find a replacement based on today's NE gameplay, or is it? Do we ride this horse until it falls over on its own?

With the gronk coming back finally, that should be bad news for the #11 except that, he might still be the best receiving option that isn't a TE... I dunno.... the other guys don't seem overly impressive so I wonder is Edelman really on his way out or might he just stick around and keep churning out 15 pt games even with Gronk's return? There is almost no run game going on so Brady seems likely to have to carry the team, and that should also mean big fat FF paydays for anyone running a route.

Anybody like/hate/paralyzed by this situation? so far, I can't drop him when he's projected for 16 weekly and coming thru.

he's been my WR4 in a league I start 3 WR and a flex --

Blackmon Allen and Randle are all there when we hold our waiver wire meeting-- and I got 2nd choice Blackmon vs Allen is the conundrum -- Edelman is gone from my roster with Gronk coming back --it may open space but 5 passes for 55 yards is not enough to look at when the other two are there for the taking

thing is the guy still gets targeted 7-9 times a game... and gronk will be gimpy if he plays.

He was targeted twice in the inzone last week. I think you start him until his target drops to <5 = then bench

Gronk coming back is precarious, he could be out for the season, starting but not playing, anything is possible with that annoying white power team.

so far, other than the disaster in the nati last week, his numbers are great...

Anyone think Vjax is a safer gamble vs Edelman? TB seems to be swirling the drain...or was cutting anchor on Freeman gonna produce a huge jump, other than the juicy matchup with Philly this week.

so far, other than the disaster in the nati last week, his numbers are great...

Anyone think Vjax is a safer gamble vs Edelman? TB seems to be swirling the drain...or was cutting anchor on Freeman gonna produce a huge jump, other than the juicy matchup with Philly this week.

I like VJax allot better. VJax put up great numbers with Freeman, and Glennon has a big arm, perfect for a receiever like VJax.

I think Edleman will just be inconsistent going forward. I'm sure he'll have some good games, but with Amendola, Gronk, Thompkins and even Dobson around he'll have some bad games too. You'll never know when you can safely start him.

those are PPR numbers above.. this isn't std scoring

so you guys are high on Vjax huh... there isn't even a QB1 listed on some sites for TB, would you drop him straight away for Vjax??? seems risky due to the QB situation but I'm not a Tampa guy... all I know I'd Vjax is a kick ass receiver and even though Edelman is putting up goon totals, he isn't on the same level long run.

anyways, my 2 cents

As Uncle Si would say if he saw my tranaction history, "He gawn!"

Edelman is easy. If amendola plays, Edelman shouldn't. He got points only because he was filling in for amendola.

Dropped last night for Douglas...

I did the same... Nobody was interested in him for a trade and I don't believe I'm not comfortable counting on him moving forward as a consistent player, even as a bye week filler.

Edelman...

41 rec

61 targets

411 yds

68.5 ypg avg

2 TD

Douglas...

16 rec

27 targets

219 yds

43.8 ypg avg

0 TD

So how is Douglas a better play than Edelman?

Edelman is easy. If amendola plays, Edelman shouldn't. He got points only because he was filling in for amendola.

except Edelman caught 2 tds in week 1 with amendola out there.

however with gronk returning what you said applies more.