Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Jets Rb's

Mike Goodson Jets RB Mike Goodson tore his ACL and MCL in Sunday's loss to the Steelers.

looks like Ivory still has a chance to show us something

I know. I was hopping Goodson would take over the starting rb. Powell is running well / hard this season. Nothing against him, but they need a rb too. Powell is not the answer.

Side note...

The Jets clearly need to find a top receiver. S.Holmes didn't play yesterday, but he still is not a top rec.

B.Cowher even said it. Bill said the Jets are only a couple of players away from being a real threat in the conference. As good as their defense is, they are in need of def back help. One reason is Cromartie is not as good as they say because if you watch him play he is constantly getting beat.

Goodson is garbage. Has been, always will be. As a Charlotte area resident I've seen nothing that would ever prove otherwise. Never understood what or why anyone ever thought he'd do something different than his production in Carolina.

:dunno:

I wasn't expecting him to be an integral part of the offense but he flashed more big play ability in one quarter than either Powell or Ivory have shown all season. As a Jets fan bummed he didn't get a chance.

Also agree on them being a player or two away. Don't want to jinx the kid but Hill is starting to come around. He looked lost and unsure how to use his body, where to turn when he caught the ball last year, ect but he is looking more 'proish' every week. He can't be the #1 though yet...they need someone else as a receiving option if Holmes can't play and beyond.

On Crome...yeah true..but he is typically taking on the opponents best guy weekly and in the Jets blitz heavy scheme he tends to look worse when he gets beat.

ivory runs like ahmad bradshaw

Its going to be a split folks. see DeAngelo Williams / J-Stew from two years ago.

Good luck picking the right one each week.

Its going to be a split folks. see DeAngelo Williams / J-Stew from two years ago.

I don't know about that.

The Jets traded to get Ivory when they already had Powell. If they thought much of Powell, they wouldn't have traded for his replacement.

Ivory's been hurt forever (he gets hurt all the time), but now that he's healthy it looks like they want to make him the man. Powell wasn't hurt, and Ivory was only averaging 3 ypc against the Pats, and Ivory still got over 30 touches.

I think Ivory is the power back that they want for their run-first offence. If Ivory keeps averaging 3 ypc that could change, but I think the job is his to lose based on what we saw on Sunday.

• Like 1

I don't know about that.

The Jets traded to get Ivory when they already had Powell. If they thought much of Powell, they wouldn't have traded for his replacement.

Ivory's been hurt forever (he gets hurt all the time), but now that he's healthy it looks like they want to make him the man. Powell wasn't hurt, and Ivory was only averaging 3 ypc against the Pats, and Ivory still got over 30 touches.

I think Ivory is the power back that they want for their run-first offence. If Ivory keeps averaging 3 ypc that could change, but I think the job is his to lose based on what we saw on Sunday.

3pc really? That's enough to make Powell irrelevant?

Come on man and Ivory can't catch a cold never mind the ball out of the backfield..not buying it.

3pc really? That's enough to make Powell irrelevant?

Come on man and Ivory can't catch a cold never mind the ball out of the backfield..not buying it.

You should work on your reading comprehension. I said that could change if he continues to average 3 ypc.

You should work on your reading comprehension. I said that could change if he continues to average 3 ypc.

Yeah sorry skimmed your post and got confused with your statement " but I think the job is his to lose based on what we saw on Sunday."

So confusing there like your covering both sides IMHO.

I don't know about that.

i concur

I think the guys in my league were asleep at the wheel last night. I got Jordan Reed and Mike James off waivers & Ivory cleared waivers last night - dropped McGahee for Ivory as FA. Forget Powell - Ivory is the guy you want. :headbanger:

He said, however, it's just another game to him.

"No special meaning," Ivory said of facing New Orleans, per ESPN. "Just another game that we're trying to get a win. I feel like you should treat every game like the same. It's just another game. It's just the team I came from. I don't feel like I have to prove anything. Go out and play and try to come out with a win."

this is the biggest BS i've ever read ...(if) he gets the carries (i think he will) it will be payback

"No special meaning," Ivory said of facing New Orleans, per ESPN. "Just another game that we're trying to get a win. I feel like you should treat every game like the same. It's just another game. It's just the team I came from. I don't feel like I have to prove anything. Go out and play and try to come out with a win."

this is the biggest BS i've ever read ...(if) he gets the carries (i think he will) it will be payback

Too bad they'll be down 3 scores by end of the 1st quarter just like last week & they'll be forced to abandon the run.

Unfortunately KSB is right. Probably a split according to how the game is going. Ivory as a pass catching threat makes Powell look like Brian Westbrook. The Jets will also go with the hot hand in games. Making it tough to start either with confidence. It would be even harder if Goodson was around. The Jets run d is good enough to keep most games under control making Ivory the guy I would start if I had to choose between the two.

Goodluck fellas !

I think the guys in my league were asleep at the wheel last night. I got Jordan Reed and Mike James off waivers & Ivory cleared waivers last night - dropped McGahee for Ivory as FA. Forget Powell - Ivory is the guy you want. :headbanger:

How did that work out for you?

dont want toot my own horn but you know