Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

School bans Rainbow Loom bracelets

An Upper West Side elementary-school principal is banning colorful rubber-band bracelets, claiming the jewelry-making fad is a classroom distraction that causes fights on the playground.

The children are playing with the bracelets during class without permission from teachers. [They] are playing with them at recess, and it is causing conflict between children, PS 87 Principal Suzan Federici wrote in a letter announcing the ban.

Therefore, starting immediately, your children are no longer allowed to bring any Rainbow Loom bracelets or the kits to school, the letter notes.

Under the new rule, any kid caught with one of the plastic- bracelet-making kits must surrender it to a teacher, Federici notes.

But students and parents who claim its just good, creative fun say sporting a bracelet shouldnt prompt a slap on the wrist.

This is ridiculous. There is nothing illicit about Rainbow Looms, said one PS 87 parent.

Another added sarcastically, Unreal. Those unruly kids.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/school-bans-rainbow-loom-bracelets/

Can we get a separate thread called "School rules that upset the bitter geriatric"? Phurfag can put his daily post in one tidy spot.

Can we get a separate thread called "School rules that upset the bitter geriatric"? Phurfag can put his daily post in one tidy spot.

:banana: Why don't you form your own board where you can make your own rules? :banana:

Sorry about the bracelets. Can you still wear hair scrunchies?

Rainbow Bracelets bad ...

Pedophile teachers or heroin abusing teachers good

We used to have those metal snap bracelets that were recalled because the cloth would fray and it would become a prison style shank.

Snap that thing on the back of an ear. Van Gogh that zhit

Oh...I read this and want to make fun of phurfur for being an old pissed off man over dumb stuff...I guess that means I was trolled.

Sorry about the bracelets. Can you still wear hair scrunchies?

Even though you are a tool....I Focking LMAO!

this kind of stuff doesn't bug you?

this kind of stuff doesn't bug you?

Why would it bother me that a school gets rid of things like this that it finds is distracting children from actually, you know, learning?

Why would it bother me that a school gets rid of things like this that it finds is distracting children from actually, you know, learning?

Some kid wearing a bracelet would distract you from, you know, learning?

:clap: :doh: