Sign in to follow this  
jjg

Bigger Bust Martin, Spiller, or TRich?

For me it has to be Doug Martin. The muscle weakling has not lived up to expectations. I overpaid for this tard handsomely this year hoping for RB1 performance.

I'd agree with Martin, just because there actually seemed to be some substance behind his lofty pre-season rankings.

There were, or should have been, substantial reasons to doubt Spiller and Richardson. Martin seemed like a solid choice with, at worst, a high floor.

gotta be martin, he is done for season and sucked before that. atleast u can get 2 points a game from trich lol

It's whoever you drafted. I drafted Spiller with the 7th pick. He's the biggest bust. My RB situation is dire enough that I had Spiller AND Fred Jackson in my lineup this week.

in a dynasty league (4th round or later selections only) i managed to keep martin, spiller, alfred morris to start this year and was feeling great starting the season with 3 top 10 backs...ugh

I don't count injury when talking about "Busts"......

Now don't get me wrong, Martin was on the potential "Bust" short list prior to his injury but he was still performing 'okay', I saw two times the past two weeks where he made good runs to the one yard line and had first and goal at the one and Glennon throws two fade routes to V-Jax. Those coulda been two easy TD's taken away just by play calling.

For that reason I'm going with T-Rich. I owned him last year and watched his games and he was a beast ooozing with talent. After watching last night he looks more like short yardage back with little burst. Almost waiver wire fodder.

Now don't get me wrong, Martin was on the potential "Bust" short list prior to his injury but he was still performing 'okay', I saw two times the past two weeks where he made good runs to the one yard line and had first and goal at the one and Glennon throws two fade routes to V-Jax. Those coulda been two easy TD's taken away just by play calling.

For that reason I'm going with T-Rich. I owned him last year and watched his games and he was a beast ooozing with talent. After watching last night he looks more like short yardage back with little burst. Almost waiver wire fodder.

I likened Richardson last year to the leading scorer on a crappy basketball team. They're pros. They're going to score sometime. He got the opportunities. Put him in a more competitive situation among better talent and he looks pedestrian at best.

At least you still have Trich if you drafted him. For Spiller owners as myself, you would have been wise to pick up Fred Jackson as a handcuff and he has produced well. For Martin, you are screwed unless you have an extra RB who is producing well.

For me, its Richardson. Not just because he sucks, but also because his trade to the Colts turned the fantasy value of my 3rd RB (and 5th round pick) - Ahmad Bradshaw - to virtually zero. Now I have no RB depth and I'm stuck w/ Richardson and his 1.5 - 4 pts/game.

I'm thinking of picking up Tolbert and starting him over Richardson going forward ;)

Take your pick. Richardson or Spiller. I have both and finally benched both to start Bernard and chased points with Foles being desperate. Will be 2-5 after tonight so I'm pretty much done.

True, it's tough to call "bust" due to injury. But for Martin that's really just a get out-of-jail free card, because if he wasn't injured he'd be the top Bust candidate due to his ADP. In reality, to FF drafters it doesn't matter what the reason is... the total points compared with ADP reflects the "worst pick" (aka bust) and that award definately goes to Martin.

Runner up is a dead heat between Richardson and Spiller. My guess is Spiller will be the consensus #2 by the end of the year, as he's banged up and shares too many carries. At least Richardson might get an occassional TD because he's all IND's got.

Got to be Richardson... Ya, Martin is out for the year, but at least you know it, can drop him and move on. If you have Richardson, u have to keep playing him and that means he is more of a detriment to your team than Martin is.

Spiller still has time to turn things around, but their focking coach should let him get healthy instead of playing him at 60% every week.

Is it even possible to trade these guys? What are you going to get for TRich or Spiller. Like Packyournut said, at least you can drop Martin. You're basically stuck with TRich and Spiller taking up space on your roster.

I think TRich is the biggest bust of the 3. But all 3 put together wouldn't have gotten you 20 points most weeks.

how is Spiller not the bigger bust over TRich? He had a higher ADP and has less points than TRich to date.

Because unless you're an idiot or extremely thin at RB, you haven't been playing Spiller the last 3 weeks. So, while his numbers suck, he probably didn't hurt your team if you put someone half way decent in his spot.

Because unless you're an idiot or extremely thin at RB, you haven't been playing Spiller the last 3 weeks. So, while his numbers suck, he probably didn't hurt your team if you put someone half way decent in his spot.

None of that changes the fact that Spiller has been a major bust.

Is it even possible to trade these guys? What are you going to get for TRich or Spiller. Like Packyournut said, at least you can drop Martin. You're basically stuck with TRich and Spiller taking up space on your roster.

I think TRich is the biggest bust of the 3. But all 3 put together wouldn't have gotten you 20 points most weeks.

Exactly. I happen to have both Richardson and Spiller. Tried to trade Richardson to team that has Foster, Forte and Lacy. Offered Trent for Lacy hoping he at least could sit on Trent but he declined. I am thinking about offering either for Leveon Bell!

Exactly. I happen to have both Richardson and Spiller. Tried to trade Richardson to team that has Foster, Forte and Lacy. Offered Trent for Lacy hoping he at least could sit on Trent but he declined. I am thinking about offering either for Leveon Bell!

At this point I'd rather have Le'Veon than either of them straight up. Lol at Lacy for Richardson, Lacy is a top 10 back at the moment right behind Jamaal, Lynch, Forte, McCoy, Peterson, Bush.

At this point I'd rather have Le'Veon than either of them straight up. Lol at Lacy for Richardson, Lacy is a top 10 back at the moment right behind Jamaal, Lynch, Forte, McCoy, Peterson, Bush.

As far as Lacy for Trent, at least I tried!